F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 3 FOBs in one go?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-12-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92

Hey I was wondering if it would be fine to do intercooler, charge pipe and catless dp all at the same time to save a little on labor or do I have to do them separately so the car can get used to the new parts?

P.s. meant to say FBO in title and I do plan on following all that up with an MHD tune
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleeF30 View Post
Hey I was wondering if it would be fine to do intercooler, charge pipe and catless dp all at the same time to save a little on labor or do I have to do them separately so the car can get used to the new parts?

P.s. meant to say FBO in title and I do plan on following all that up with an MHD tune
There's no getting used to new parts so not an issue. There's labor overlap with charge pipe and front mounted intercooler. Not really overlap with downpipe but you may be able to negotiate a lower price with an independent BMW garage if you do all at once. BimmerShops website will list ones in your area. Good luck
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2020, 07:19 AM   #3
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

There's no getting used to new parts so not an issue. There's labor overlap with charge pipe and front mounted intercooler. Not really overlap with downpipe but you may be able to negotiate a lower price with an independent BMW garage if you do all at once. BimmerShops website will list ones in your area. Good luck
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      01-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
You're welcome. Remember to hit that appreciate button if something is helpful. Wife, kids and cat don't appreciate me so it's all I got left! HaHa!
      01-13-2020, 08:03 AM   #5
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I had the same question originally, but got all 3 of those installed yesterday at the advice of my tech. Along with flashing stage 2 BM3, I feel like I'm driving a new car! Go for it!

Last edited by aps; 01-13-2020 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 4
johnung4528.00
F36GC_NYC159.50
      01-14-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
I had the same question originally, but got all 3 of those installed yesterday at the advice of my tech. Along with flashing stage 2 BM3, I feel like I'm driving a new car! Go for it!
Does it feel considerably faster?

Quote:
You're welcome. Remember to hit that appreciate button if something is helpful. Wife, kids and cat don't appreciate me so it's all I got left! HaHa!
Appreciation from cats? What's that?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #7
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Yep, to me it definitely does!
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      01-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #8
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Considerably faster is an extreme understatement. Suddenly flipping on Stage2 is like jumping into a rocket ship.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #9
Jake From State Farm
Uhh... Khakis?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F250 Powerstroke

Quote:
LOL that’s awesome! At least I’m not the only one
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #10
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Considerably faster is an extreme understatement. Suddenly flipping on Stage2 is like jumping into a rocket ship.
Haha, I need to wait for my warranty to get over 😭 I recall being next to a modified 335i and that thing was just taking off, it was jawdropping 😄
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #11
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Haha, I need to wait for my warranty to get over 😭 I recall being next to a modified 335i and that thing was just taking off, it was jawdropping 😄
It's also a bit strange at first being in the car. Light turns green and step on it until the car hits 60. Glance in the rear view mirror and the rest of the cars literally look like ants. Not kidding.

You should see my wife at a red light if she thinks someone next to her is giving her what she calls a "look". My wife says nothing but when I see her right hand slip down and flip into Sport mode. Then I just brace myself cause I know that we're gone when that light flashes green!
Appreciate 1
N26Ghost496.50
      01-14-2020, 09:00 PM   #12
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's also a bit strange at first being in the car. Light turns green and step on it until the car hits 60. Glance in the rear view mirror and the rest of the cars literally look like ants. Not kidding.

You should see my wife at a red light if she thinks someone next to her is giving her what she calls a "look". My wife says nothing but when I see her right hand slip down and flip into Sport mode. Then I just brace myself cause I know that we're gone when that light flashes green!
The car that I came across wasn't too fast off the line but once it got rolling it would just take off from any speed, I feel like it's more exciting to have that acceleration when you are already doing 60 or 80 What's your 0-60 time after going stage 2? Even the stock car isn't too slow off the line.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:48 PM   #13
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

The car that I came across wasn't too fast off the line but once it got rolling it would just take off from any speed, I feel like it's more exciting to have that acceleration when you are already doing 60 or 80 What's your 0-60 time after going stage 2? Even the stock car isn't too slow off the line.
Don't know. Assume in the 4's. 0-60 seems like it's about having great tire grip and launch because that's where so much time would be lost. 60-90+ seems like it's almost instantaneous.
Appreciate 0