F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > boot lock issues
proTUNING Freaks

08-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
parmap
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D GT

boot lock issues

Hello Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with situation

Sequence of events

I opened boot using the remote key fob on closing, received a boot not locked warning message on the dash.

I checked the boot which showed the tailgate to be "mechanically locked" IE the boot lock was engaged however the electric soft closing mechanism had not engaged into the lock so the boot not locked message reappeared on the dash.

I operated the key fob/boot handle and internal button however the boot lid would not raise automatically so I manually raised the boot.

I lubricated with (WD40 spray) flicked the latch a few times and witnessed the latch working without any issues with my key fob and manually closed the boot lid. However on trying to open the boot lid with any method the boot remains locked.

I can hear the latch trying to unlock the boot (Clicking Noises) however with no success.

I also witnessed the following when I shut the car doors the windows fully open !! I was truly going mad at this point !

Does anyone know how I can unlock/open the boot by any method (I assumed these cars had a mechanical pull handle like the the X series.

many thanks looking forward to all your advice

Regards parmap
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

There should be an emergency release handle on the inside.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #3
parmap
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
There should be an emergency release handle on the inside.
Hello

Thanks for your reply I've looked around the back rea removed the first aid panel no sign of any thing which resembles a release handle.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It should be in plain site. I've seen it mentioned that it's not a legal requirement to have it in all countries, though I can't imagine any justification for that other than to appease the kidnapper lobbyists.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 08:38 AM   #5
parmap
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
It should be in plain site. I've seen it mentioned that it's not a legal requirement to have it in all countries, though I can't imagine any justification for that other than to appease the kidnapper lobbyists.
Hi

I just had another look defintlty no sign of any handle around the back of the boot area.
Ill look at removing the rear seat. Other than that I'm currently lost in which way to turn.
Appreciate 0