F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Leather Seats Retrofit
Studio RSR

10-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
thebimmerguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

F30 Leather Seats Retrofit

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum (first post) and I have a question about retrofitting leather seats to my 2012 F30 that has fabric seats (manual, heated).

I found a set of seats that are manual and heated but they have the lumbar support button which my seats don't.

Do you think I'll have any issues with installing these seats, I don't mind if the lumbar support doesn't work, I'm just worried the airbags won't because the new seats may have a different connector.

Your help will be appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I have completely replaced the seats/door panels of both my old 328 & my new 435 with M3 & M4 parts

Replacement seats had all same options as the ones being replaced - but to be sure, in both cases, I swapped my original seat airbags, seat belts, & modules over to the new seats from the originals & there were no problems or codes. No coding req'd for them to work correctly either

Be sure to disconnect your battery b4 swapping the seats or you will throw SRS code that will need to be reset by the dealer

To enable the Lumbar feature on your new seats you will need to add a wire into your current seat wiring harness as described in one of the many forum posts about seat swapping
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0