F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Head Up Screen retrofit (new accessory) (BMW part # 62 30 2 361 627)
GetBMWParts
Closed Thread

01-03-2019, 02:31 AM   #243
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
BTW Garmin stopped the support for this kit, I don’t know what I’ll be doing now since there is no plans for support of the Garmin HUD NA/EU App thus no navigation. I have contacted BMW on this but they are closed for the time being, I’ll post their reply here once I get it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #244
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by omera60 View Post
BTW Garmin stopped the support for this kit, I don't know what I'll be doing now since there is no plans for support of the Garmin HUD NA/EU App thus no navigation. I have contacted BMW on this but they are closed for the time being, I'll post their reply here once I get it
I've heard that in 2020 garmin app will disappear BMW going to replace can filter and then HUS gonna use navigation data from your built in sat nav (I've read this on another forum so I might be wrong)
I've got both kits and the wiring is slightly different 62302410673 (the one that uses build in sat nav) has extra two (yellow/green and green) wires which I can't find any info where to connect them to, the can filters probably are different as well, can provide pistures on request
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #245
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weselyn View Post
So, I finally installed everything. this large frame fits well and is attached with 3m glue pads. no drilling is needed.

Electrical connections are easy, except that two clips for stealing ground and power connections are awful. Please find better one.

Please note that this version works with "integrated navigation" that is retrofit nav in case you do not have it already. I do not need to do anything with my phone.

Visibility is good, except if you have sun low on horizon in front of you. but then any visibility is low. I assume that rubber back plate could help in this particular case.

This is not true Head-Up Display with picture in infinity, but it serve the purpose, and I am very satisfied for now.

It looks completely as part of original equipment.
Attachment 1877629

Attachment 1877630

To install big frame, I had to remove this small one.
Attachment 1877631
Hi where did get installation instructions? I'm trying to fit one like yours (that works with integrated nav) but in wiring there is two additional wires (yellow/green and green) where did you connected those?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #246
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Does anyone know where I connect them two wires? Please help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 02:29 AM   #247
gab696
Registered
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: m235i

Hi, did you know if my car is compatible with this retrofit. I own a BMW m235i 2015 pre LCI. The car is equipped with 6wa cluster and integrated navigation. I am not interested by the version with the nav coming from the smartphone. Only with the data coming from the car navigation system. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 11:19 PM   #248
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Any feedback using the HUD with Waze?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #249
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone have installation instruction for Head-up Screen for integrated navigation (retrofit navigation that is installed in glove box)

Article number: 62302410673

P.S

There are three different models, universal (that was mostly discussed here), for integrated navigation and for regular idrive navigation.

Thanks in advance for support

Do you know part number for regular idrive navigation?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #250
Kurgs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320D XDrive

Is this device still available? I've been searching online and calling some local dealers, but all I'm hearing is that it's either no longer available or isn't compatible with my car (apparently having pro nav is the issue)... Any help/advice would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by Kurgs; 11-14-2019 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:26 AM   #251
sebastianbahrim
Rep
Drives: F30

So any news about the yellow and green pins?

Quote:
So, I finally installed everything. this large frame fits well and is attached with 3m glue pads. no drilling is needed.

Electrical connections are easy, except that two clips for stealing ground and power connections are awful. Please find better one.

Please note that this version works with "integrated navigation" that is retrofit nav in case you do not have it already. I do not need to do anything with my phone.

Visibility is good, except if you have sun low on horizon in front of you. but then any visibility is low. I assume that rubber back plate could help in this particular case.

This is not true Head-Up Display with picture in infinity, but it serve the purpose, and I am very satisfied for now.

It looks completely as part of original equipment.
Attachment 1877629

Attachment 1877630

To install big frame, I had to remove this small one.
Attachment 1877631
Hi. There is a green and yellow wire that one of the users didn't know where to insert. Can you please advise as long as you succeeded in retrofitting the integrated nav HUS?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:26 AM   #252
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Well since the Garmin seized support, I was thinking why not write an app that just sends the Nav-Data to the HUS. I'm not sure myself that that's even possible but we could try to hook up to Navigation Apps like Google Maps or Waze and trigger events via Tasker to that app to make the HUS display Nav info. This way I could still make my unit usable on with my Android 10.25 Screen.

I've decompiled the basic BMW HUS App which disclosed lots of valuable information, including the HUSProtocol and how its data is being sent. However I've yet have to find out how it sets up the Socket, as only that failed to decompile. However, finding the IP and Port the HUS is listening to is possible through various means.

But I still have to wonder if the idea is even possible to get the maps activity extracted and automatically send over to a custom app that forwards the info into the HUS? I have to admit I know very little about Android programming.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread