F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Reports December 2018 and Year-End U.S. Sales
GetBMWParts

01-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #45
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by D742 View Post
It is not just BMW. Earlier this week I tried to buy a 2019 V60 (since BMW left the market), and "the deal" was MSRP -- period. But they had some nice XC60s that I could look at! I wasn't even playing hardball, just a little movement so that I didn't feel like I was being played would have gotten them an easy, clean sale.

It seems that every car company is putting 100% of their effort into chasing the same 90% of the market.
That just could be Volvo. I cross shopped the top of the line XC60 (hybrid, supercharged, turbocharged) and basically all I was offered was the Costco discount (less than $2K). Both cars had a similar MSRP (around $73K) but I got $9+K off on the BMW and basically nothing off the Volvo.

On top of that, despite having 400 HP vs. 250 HP (ostensibly), the BMW felt faster. I think the gearing on the Volvo needs some help.

So it was an easy choice for me to pick the BMW 530e. And I have no buyer's regret on that decision.
Appreciate 0