F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So your leased vehicle gets flagged at the dealer for mods|at turn in does it matter?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #23
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambat View Post
I actually work and do this for a living so I may be able to offer some legitimate insight.

First, yes, the car must be returned to stock. The goal of the dealer is to be able to certify the vehicle, and that cannot be done if its not stock.

The used car manager or any sales manager inspecting the vehicle at lease turn in will have no idea if the vehicle was flagged for mods. The cars aren't "flagged" like a blanket "do not work on this car" so much as a single specific warranty claim may be denied. So long as body is in good shape, service was taken care of per BMW's guidelines, there are no current issues with the vehicle, and tires are in spec, you will be fine.

No, a dealer cannot arbitrarily charge you whatever they want at lease turn in. There is specific contract language that outlines what can be charged and how much.

We see vehicles come back with 30-40k miles, never having done an oil change or single service. The motor is toast, we have to send the vehicle to auction. complete crap. Know how much the customer pays for this catastrophe? $700

We see this multiple times a week!

There are way bigger problems out there than a few mods on your car. Just return it to stock and you will be fine.
@tambat is more than right. It's about asset value and the customer doesn't always pay for true asset depreciation after the lease. There is something to be said about "I signed it and I will honor it".
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #24
RobG_M340
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340xi

Garage List
1973 Jeep CJ5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambat View Post
The used car manager or any sales manager inspecting the vehicle at lease turn in will have no idea if the vehicle was flagged for mods. The cars aren't "flagged" like a blanket "do not work on this car" so much as a single specific warranty claim may be denied.
Thanks tambat. This answered my question.
Appreciate 0