F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > F30 hood misaligned?
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2022, 01:37 PM   #1
MorbidAngel
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive -14

F30 hood misaligned?

Hello! So my bumper and hood hasn't been aligned properly since I bought the car. I thought it was the bumper itself that was the issue. I've tried to fix it but I gave up.

I just came home after installing my new M3 Evo bumper and noticed the exact same misalignment and I'm guessing it must be the hood. What exactly should I change to make it look correct? I'm uploading a picture of my old bumper and also a picture I just took of the new bumper.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
Bas_Met_Wielen
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

Do you know whether this car has a history of some damage?

Only thing i can think of, is that the car had some damage/accident in the past after which the bumper was replaced and the hood 'repaired'. But they just couldn't get the angle/bends/folds (don't know the right English word) of the hood right to align exactly to the bumper.

Only solution might be to replace the hood (maybe temporary) to see if this solves the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
MorbidAngel
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive -14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_F34 View Post
Do you know whether this car has a history of some damage?

Only thing i can think of, is that the car had some damage/accident in the past after which the bumper was replaced and the hood 'repaired'. But they just couldn't get the angle/bends/folds (don't know the right English word) of the hood right to align exactly to the bumper.

Only solution might be to replace the hood (maybe temporary) to see if this solves the problem.
The thing is I think it's actually okay on the sides since there should be a gap but there's no gap in the middle. Maybe I need to pull the hood back a bit and push the bumper further in on the sides if possible?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 02:53 AM   #4
Bas_Met_Wielen
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

You could try, but i'm afraid it won't solve the problem. Just like you said, as you have this problem with two different bumpers that are attached correctly (i assume), problem should be in the hood.
The curve of the hood seems a bit off/incorrect, so i cannot imagine that this can be solved by refitting both parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 10:45 PM   #5
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

There should be a rubber stopper crew that can be adjusted to tweak the hood height. Look in the front middle close to the edge.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:27 AM   #6
Gen2mike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive, 2018 X3 M40i

Also the latches on the hood itself. You can remove the plastic shroud around them and rotate the loops they screw in and out and will allow you to adjust the height of the hood. This is different form the hood stops the hood rests on when closed, just be sure to adjust those proportionally so you don't bind up the latches or damage the stops
Appreciate 0