F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > Importing from Lithuania
proTUNING Freaks

08-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #1
Rudi
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 318d

Importing from Lithuania

Does anyone have experience with importing a car from Lithuania or just the Lithuania car market?
I'd like to sell my E90 and buy an F30, the only problem is the prices here, The Netherlands, are extremely high. And the biggest problem I can't find any F30 that meets my demands. As a bare minimum I want a 320 with the full sports package and a nav. But I'd highly prefer a 328i with the full sports package and a big screen nav.
For example a 328i goes for €30-45k here whereas if I look at Lithuania car websites I can find them for €15-20k. Importing a 328i will set me back ~2.5k but it'll still be a whole lot cheaper.
I don't mind the distance but I don't want to go there for nothing.
I've searched quite a few forums but I've yet to find a proper answer. A lot of people just say 'Ah Lithuania, the cars must be stolen' but I couldn't find a post of someone who actually imported a car from Lithuania.
Hope someone here has some more info about the Lithuania car market, either a resident of someone who has imported cars from there.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Ivars8888
Private
Latvia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2011

Hi! Im from Latvia (Near Lithuania) if you want to buy a car in LT then check this car in service, but 90% all cars is from USA and is not good repaired from floods or some crashs!
No good prices for good cars 😉
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #3
Rudi
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivars8888 View Post
Hi! Im from Latvia (Near Lithuania) if you want to buy a car in LT then check this car in service, but 90% all cars is from USA and is not good repaired from floods or some crashs!
No good prices for good cars ��
Ok, good to know. Thanks for your reply!
My brother contacted me last week telling me he is going to Lithuania to party in a few weeks so I told him to check out some cars. And I've found a company who checks up on cars, personally, and sends a full report including pictures to you for just 100 euro's. I'm going to check out cars in Germany first but if I can't find anything I'll look into Lithuania (and taking alot of precautions).
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Ivars8888
Private
Latvia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2011

What car you want to buy? How many $$ you want to spend?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
Pumper
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D

Don't buy from Lithuania.

Most cars here are imports from other EU countries or USA after crashing, flooding, drowning, etc. as the man hours for repairs are cheap. The cars get fixed with parts from China, majority of cars have tampered mileage (usually lowered ~2x, in some cases up to 4x).

There's a reason why cars are cheaper over here.
      10-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
Rudi
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivars8888 View Post
What car you want to buy? How many $$ you want to spend?
I'm looking at early F30's and early F10's with the 2l engine and E90 335d's.
I want to spend a maximum of 20k euro (incl. import). But if the car is perfect I don't mind spending a little bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
Don't buy from Lithuania.

Most cars here are imports from other EU countries or USA after crashing, flooding, drowning, etc. as the man hours for repairs are cheap. The cars get fixed with parts from China, majority of cars have tampered mileage (usually lowered ~2x, in some cases up to 4x).

There's a reason why cars are cheaper over here.

Alright, thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
keltis99
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

i bought a car from LT and I am happy with it.
I did know what I was buying (US salvage import but fixed well).
I did a proper dealer check, VIN history US check, test drive check etc. you need to take this very seriously and do proper check-ups/tests (and spend money on this). Yes most of the cars out there are fixed but quality varies tremendously as sometimes they aim to sell them in a German market (esp. powerful new "weekend fun" models :-). Because of TuV rules they fix them very well.
the newer model the car the better since the parts will be new as well. you need to have good understanding/rapport with the owner when you buy. i would even advice you to get a local expert and pay him.

you do not need to pay import taxes as both countries are in the eu. you would need to register though in LT after passing some tests (~300eur) then just get it to the Netherlands (either on a truck or drive it)

In the end I bought an F32 at 50% comparable street price in western Europe. I can't complain.

Last edited by keltis99; 12-09-2015 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 04:57 AM   #8
pemz
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F30 ... G30 soon

Why not search for a F30 in Germany? Easy to import, better cars, clear history and much more choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
darius88
Rep
Drives: f30

Only usa cars have untouched obometers , because all information is in google, all fotos how it looks before shipping to europe also free in google 😉 so its bulshit that in usa cars all flood or made from 2 cars 😊.
Cars which goes to germany , pass TUV.
TUV company guys comming every 2 weeks , testing very carrefully , and after 2-3 hour test if everything ok, gives certificate which allows register in germany. And thats true.
Another story about cars which goes to russia....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
garcijav
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d touring

Do you see cars in germany? Look at www.autohus.de
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #11
Murnik569
Registered
Rep

at what mileage and price did you buy your US imported BMW and have you had any problems yet? thinking about buying one myself, either 328i,330i or 428i
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 01:40 AM   #12
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Go around with the 3 series and get yourself a F32.
I'd bought mine with less than 6000mls and had no problems at all until I sold the car.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #13
Murnik569
Registered
Rep

Any1 else got any experience with imported 3,4 series from lithuania? thank in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #14
oGvDo
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

Im from Lithuania and maby i can help
My f30 is also an import.

Facts:
• You cant register flooded cars anymore in EU as road legal - as i think atm.
• 70% of BMW F* example are imported from EU
• Most plastic outside parts are Taiwan. Other are OEM
As a member before said, you have to do proper checks.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #15
Thesoundblaster
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F33

Check it before buy it for the explained reasons.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 05:14 AM   #16
Vincenz099
BMW & Mini Fan.
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i, Mini R56

The best place to import from is Germany. Here in the Netherlands the prices are insane as you noticed,. Don't forget the BPM import costs.

German cars have a TUV which is much more strict than our APK. but still, go there, get it checked properly by a professional. you probably have to pay some garage 300 euro to get it properly inspected.

Better spend that money, even if they find faults, its a way to talk down the asking price, you will earn back your 300 euro you spend on the mechanic for sure.

Remember that most cars in Germany and so on the milage has been altered, and finding out the truth is hard, the service booklets are often faked, best to call the garages that you find in the booklet and ask if they had the car in, and what the milage was at that time. , often those garages say they never saw the car, or that the milage was way higher, germany doesen't log the milage like in the Netherlands.
With some tools like Carly you can read the milage from all on board computers, sometimes the guys cheating on the milage numbers don't update it on all modules and you can catch a cheat like that.

Goedkoop = duurkoop.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #17
fred22
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: F34 & E32

Probably now it is not so bad anymore, but 5-15 years ago it was really risky to buy a car from Lithuania. I have read stories and seen pictures where 2 or more crashed cars have been welded together and repainted.. Think how insecure this "new" car would be if a crash should occur..
I have some experience myself also, where I didnt know, that my "new" E46 imported from there, had involved in an accident, and three airbags were missing actually and resistors were used instead.
Also I remember an E36, where some bulbs from the dash were removed and black tape was used to cover..

I have nothing against the country and the people there, but some men can damage the reputation..

Germany has a big market, but also there finds "businessmen", who do illegal stuff..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 08:42 AM   #18
PonasUoantapas
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

I would not recommend purchasing cars from Lithuania, many cars have been imported from the US and their condition can be really questionable. And the ones that were not imported from the US undergo harsh treatment from cold winters + road salts / hot summers. Generally, not a good idea to purchase from Lithuania.
Appreciate 0