F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > My (Ongoing) MPPK Nightmare
ARMA SPEED

05-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #23
rpjensen
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNDi View Post
Now leaving all that trouble aside - How does it feel?! Is it worth the money?
Definitely more throttle response for sure. The engine sounds more aggressive and you can hear a much more noticeable whoosh from the turbo spooling as well, especially in Sport and Sport+. Butt-dyno can tell a difference, acceleration is effortless (staying around 30 mph in residential neighborhoods is quite a challenge). It's not going to make it an M3 but to me it completes having the M-Sport package (well for now until MPE) and makes it feel like how I imagine a sports sedan should be, rather than just another sedan. All in all i think it was worth it, especially for keeping it all BMW brand specific and installed at my dealer to avoid issues should anything arise in the future
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #24
LiNDi
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2C, X3 M40D G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjensen View Post
Definitely more throttle response for sure. The engine sounds more aggressive and you can hear a much more noticeable whoosh from the turbo spooling as well, especially in Sport and Sport+. Butt-dyno can tell a difference, acceleration is effortless (staying around 30 mph in residential neighborhoods is quite a challenge). It's not going to make it an M3 but to me it completes having the M-Sport package (well for now until MPE) and makes it feel like how I imagine a sports sedan should be, rather than just another sedan. All in all i think it was worth it, especially for keeping it all BMW brand specific and installed at my dealer to avoid issues should anything arise in the future

Thanks for the heads up. Makes me feel like I shouldn't wait any longer to upgrade mine. Just curious, does the car actually burble in Comfort mode or only in Sport as most of the time rolling around I'm in comfort?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #25
rpjensen
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. Makes me feel like I shouldn't wait any longer to upgrade mine. Just curious, does the car actually burble in Comfort mode or only in Sport as most of the time rolling around I'm in comfort?
The interior is so quiet (I had a 370Z before this and they basically used wax paper as far as sound proofing) that it is hard to hear any burble in comfort mode and really in sport either. The most noticeable difference is the engine sound and the turbochargers spooling in sport and sport+ modes. Outside the car is a different story of course, but I am in Houston so most of the time if I drive with the windows down I would melt so therefore no burble for me. If you just want the sound then I would just go for an exhaust and then if you want more add this later.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:37 AM   #26
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjensen
Quote:

The interior is so quiet (I had a 370Z before this and they basically used wax paper as far as sound proofing) that it is hard to hear any burble in comfort mode and really in sport either. The most noticeable difference is the engine sound and the turbochargers spooling in sport and sport+ modes. Outside the car is a different story of course, but I am in Houston so most of the time if I drive with the windows down I would melt so therefore no burble for me. If you just want the sound then I would just go for an exhaust and then if you want more add this later.
The MPPK makes the car burble in all modes....but much more pronounced in Sport and Sport+.
Appreciate 0