F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 330e B48 BM3 or MGFlasher
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2022, 12:46 AM   #1
Sherry477
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
2
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

330e B48 BM3 or MGFlasher

Hi guys,

I recently have brought a 2017 330e. I want to stage 1 tune it, which is the better OTS map to use? BM3 or MGFlasher? I’ve heard about the 2.0i B48 cracking pistons when tuning so I want everyone’s opinions and experiences on which map is the safest to run. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 05:31 PM   #2
jcdub
Lieutenant
jcdub's Avatar
Ireland
149
Rep
507
Posts

Drives: 330e M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

I'm running my Flasher since it first went beta (not stable). And I've had no issues. There are 20 club members all running MG Flasher. Be And none have had issues with their maps. Plus you'll have burbles working with MG Flasher. BM3 still don't have burbles working fully for the f30 330e.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 02:52 PM   #3
hEllberg
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 330E F30
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

I'm running MG Flasher aswell.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 04:07 AM   #4
makammo
Private
2
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2017 330e
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Potentially a bit of a thread hijack here but for the 330e owners who have stage-1'd (with either MG or BM3) presumably when running the electric engine only there is no change.

im just trying to get my head around whether or not the map forces the petrol to kick in earlier or whether everything runs as normal up to when the petrol engine would normally kick in anyway, and then it's off to the races? considering the electric motor 'augments' the main to provide some grunt etc.

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 06:16 PM   #5
xxDYxx
New Member
xxDYxx's Avatar
11
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 330e
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makammo View Post
Potentially a bit of a thread hijack here but for the 330e owners who have stage-1'd (with either MG or BM3) presumably when running the electric engine only there is no change.

im just trying to get my head around whether or not the map forces the petrol to kick in earlier or whether everything runs as normal up to when the petrol engine would normally kick in anyway, and then it's off to the races? considering the electric motor 'augments' the main to provide some grunt etc.

thanks in advance
There is really no change to how the car operates. It still switches back and forth between Electric and ICE like normal. The biggest difference is when you get on the throttle, it will be noticeably more powerful. I am stage 2 BM3 and my last tank I stayed in ECO Pro, and did 68ish on the freeways, and ended up with 53 mpg average for the tank. so its really the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 09:04 AM   #6
Sherry477
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
2
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I decided to give BM3 a try, I'm running stage 1 95 RON just to be safe. Had a race against my mates M140i and we were neck and neck the whole way! Thats a result. Going to get the exhaust done next. Kinda dissapointed that BM3 does not have working burbles. I might jump to MGFlasher for that reason. I've heard MGFlasher stage 1 is also more powerful then BM3 Stage 1, is this true?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #7
jcdub
Lieutenant
jcdub's Avatar
Ireland
149
Rep
507
Posts

Drives: 330e M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry477 View Post
I decided to give BM3 a try, I'm running stage 1 95 RON just to be safe. Had a race against my mates M140i and we were neck and neck the whole way! Thats a result. Going to get the exhaust done next. Kinda dissapointed that BM3 does not have working burbles. I might jump to MGFlasher for that reason. I've heard MGFlasher stage 1 is also more powerful then BM3 Stage 1, is this true?
I know some one who switched purely because they wanted the burbles. They compared both BM3 and MG on Dragy. MG was the quicker map. And they reported it felt quicker too. I've been with MG since beta. I'm more than happy. They are suppose to be working on "on the fly" for the 330e...
__________________
2017 330e M Performance Rear Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Black Grills, MG Flasher Stage 2, RM Motors DP, xHP Stage 3
Insta: mgflasher330e
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 11:17 PM   #8
MTWO
Captain
416
Rep
823
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Innisfil

iTrader: (0)

My 330e has all the features on bm3. Not sure what your deal is. Its also a way better tune and app than mg
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
jcdub
Lieutenant
jcdub's Avatar
Ireland
149
Rep
507
Posts

Drives: 330e M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
My 330e has all the features on bm3. Not sure what your deal is. Its also a way better tune and app than mg
You have burbles working while driving with BM3?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2.0i, 320i, 330e, 330i, b48, bm3, f30, mgflasher, stage 1, stage 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST