F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Taking Delivery of New 2016 335D Xdrive (LCI)!!!! Advice????!!!
Studio RSR

03-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
DispenSingh
Rep
Drives: Ordered a 335d XDrive

Exclamation Taking Delivery of New 2016 335D Xdrive (LCI)!!!! Advice????!!!

Evening all,

I am due to pick up my brand new 335d 16 plate next week;

Never owned a BMW before and never actually brought a brand new car before (Daily drive is and still will be a 1.9 TDi Mk5 Golf) so genuinely excited but nervous at the same time...

Any advice for what i need to look out for when collecting the new child? Any advice and as much detail as possible please... genuinely no idea whats acceptable and what...

First thing i will be looking at is the paint work (Estroil Blue) and condition of the wheels...

Aswel as condition of interior and seats...

any thing else that is an absolute essential before i drive off??

Thanks

Details of Car

BMW 335D Xdrive LCI

Estroil Blue
M Sport Plus
Professional Sat Nav
Heated Seats
Park Assist

Blue M Sport Key cover

18% Discount
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Welcome and congrats

The best advice would be to use the function
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
EBS0712
BMW CCA #257
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Wagon / 2020 G20

Make sure you get a full briefing of the basic controls (which may be different than your old Golf) and the iDrive! Learning the iDrive which has lots of options and features is fun and important! Learning how to use your Nav system may also take some time. Make sure your dealer also explains the button under the radio. They can be programmed to do more than select radio stations.
Best thing is to enjoy your new toy!
Welcome and enjoy.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
DispenSingh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBS0712 View Post
Make sure you get a full briefing of the basic controls (which may be different than your old Golf) and the iDrive! Learning the iDrive which has lots of options and features is fun and important! Learning how to use your Nav system may also take some time. Make sure your dealer also explains the button under the radio. They can be programmed to do more than select radio stations.
Best thing is to enjoy your new toy!
Welcome and enjoy.
Iv driven older gens and new gen f30s so i am familiar with idrive and the controls...(read the manual and this forum many times since i placed my order)...

im asking more about what to look at or look for to make sure the car im getting is good to a good quality...i know paint work can be an issue (i.e scratches)...but are there any other issues or common problems i need to get BMW to sort out before i take the baby home?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Before dealer prep I would contact him and go over expectations such as, no front plate and no dealer installed swirl remarks.

Make sure to pick the car up in broad daylight and go over every inch. After mine came home I noticed scratches on the roof about 2 inches in diameter and on the trunk Has paint defect out of the factory.

go over anything they would accuse you of breaking such as scratches on the paint, any imperfections on the paint, any damage on the interior, any issues with the seats, etc.

If you see anything wrong, you don't have to accept delivery.

Oh, and congratulations. If you're not familiar with the I drive it can take a few times. I am pretty tech savvy and I actually pulled the car over a few times on my way home just to play with it. It was awesome.

First 1200 miles they say not to floor it and go over 4500 RPM.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Before dealer prep I would contact him and go over expectations such as, no front plate and no dealer installed swirl remarks.

Make sure to pick the car up in broad daylight and go over every inch. After mine came home I noticed scratches on the roof about 2 inches in diameter and on the trunk Has paint defect out of the factory.

go over anything they would accuse you of breaking such as scratches on the paint, any imperfections on the paint, any damage on the interior, any issues with the seats, etc.

If you see anything wrong, you don't have to accept delivery.

Oh, and congratulations. If you're not familiar with the I drive it can take a few times. I am pretty tech savvy and I actually pulled the car over a few times on my way home just to play with it. It was awesome.

First 1200 miles they say not to floor it and go over 4500 RPM.
i didn't have any issues with my f30 but i had to make sure they included the wheel locks and all season mats which they agreed but then forgot.
on my previous honda accord there was a scratch on the plastic over the instrument panel in dashboard which i found and had them replace before i accepted delivery
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #7
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

First thing I would do is make 335d my DD, it's a Diesel engine with tons of torque n more gas mileage.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
DispenSingh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
First thing I would do is make 335d my DD, it's a Diesel engine with tons of torque n more gas mileage.
Ima Pharmacist by profession so 2-3 times a week I'll be working in different stores and the parking at some stores is just horrendous...and some areas can be quite dangerous so don't really want to attract the wrong attention in a EB bmw...so the Golf will be used for those days.. (initial thoughts )...my first car purchased so as you could imagine I'll be a very paranoid guy...cctv and bollards have been installed at my house and still considering a steering wheel lock for good measure as there have been a few thefts in my area (previous generation 3s and 5s but still..)

But let's get real here...as soon as I pick up the BMW I probs won't touch the Golf keys again. ..
Also...dealer decided to give me free tank of fuel...only to find out in the paperwork that I'm already paying £32.99 for fuel anyway...according to specs and UK diesal prices. ..will cost me around £57ish for a full tank....so what more can I try n get off dealers?..I'm pushing for a key cover for free...do carpeted mats come as standard or do they need to be purchased aswel?

Great advice on here guys...really do appreciate it...
Appreciate 0