F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
GetBMWParts

11-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #1893
ithk21620
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i X-Drive

So I just finished filing the extra nub down on the cutoff piece inside the light. I think it turned out good. The cutoff line looks a lot cleaner now. It will be interesting to see how they look once I have them installed. Here are some before and after pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
XKxRome0ox1587.50
      11-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #1894
Craven_01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithk21620 View Post
So I just finished filing the extra nub down on the cutoff piece inside the light. I think it turned out good. The cutoff line looks a lot cleaner now. It will be interesting to see how they look once I have them installed. Here are some before and after pictures.
Looks great!!! What did you use to file it down? Can't wait to see it installed.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #1895
ithk21620
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven_01 View Post
Quote:
Looks great!!! What did you use to file it down? Can't wait to see it installed.
I just used a small metal file and took my time. Then blew the projector out with compressed air. I think they turned out pretty good.

Just waiting for my bumper to get out of paint and then I will install the lights when I install my bumper.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #1896
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

Why are you guys so obsessed with the cutoff line needing to be so clean and sharp? I mean, you will be driving... not fixing a wall. You won't notice it on the road.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #1897
Craven_01
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhenat0n View Post
Why are you guys so obsessed with the cutoff line needing to be so clean and sharp? I mean, you will be driving... not fixing a wall. You won't notice it on the road.
It's very noticeable on the road.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #1898
ithk21620
Enlisted Member
Rep

Here is a quick picture I took, still have some alignment to do since I don't have a flat surface at my house. I think the cutoff line looks pretty good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #1899
Craven_01
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Here is a quick picture I took, still have some alignment to do since I don't have a flat surface at my house. I think the cutoff line looks pretty good.
Looks good! This will be on my to do list.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #1900
3.0hyeah
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 X-Drive

Quote:
I will receive my DEPO angel eyes tomorrow and I think I will go with the HID option for the bulbs. I did a lot of research and ended up with that:

HID Parts

H7 HID Adapter : https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7...ros-49083.html 10$

H7 Morimoto HID Bulb: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hi...to-xb-hid.html 40$

H7 35W Canbus: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ba...anbus-35w.html 90$

Total: 150$
You ever get this all installed? How'd these work out?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #1901
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0hyeah View Post
You ever get this all installed? How'd these work out?
My shop didn't recommend me to install the HID kit, so I ended up to just install the DEPOs... if you want them they're breand new lol !
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #1902
3.0hyeah
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 X-Drive

Quote:
My shop didn't recommend me to install the HID kit, so I ended up to just install the DEPOs... if you want them they're breand new lol !
What was their reasoning?

I would really like to go full HID, just the halos doesn't seem worth it. Is it because you have to drill them or something? I've seen that somewhere in this thread, do people have problems? Are there still leaking issues?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 07:03 AM   #1903
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0hyeah View Post
What was their reasoning?

I would really like to go full HID, just the halos doesn't seem worth it. Is it because you have to drill them or something? I've seen that somewhere in this thread, do people have problems? Are there still leaking issues?
1. You have tu cut a hole the stock back round seal of the DEPOs for the harness and wiring of the HIDs, you have to find a way to seal it back to prevent humidity/water to come in the headlight

2. HIDs apparently lasts maximum 2 years, you would have to do the wiring and sealing again to change the bulb, and you can't only change the bulb it's kind of attached to it's wire.

Personnaly, I tough only the halo was worth it, it's the halo that makes all the look... Angel Eye look is made by the angel eye halo. I took the super white bright hallogen option with the light, trust me, the yellow ish cheap look is ALL GONE and angel eye looks great.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #1904
ithk21620
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
1. You have tu cut a hole the stock back round seal of the DEPOs for the harness and wiring of the HIDs, you have to find a way to seal it back to prevent humidity/water to come in the headlight

2. HIDs apparently lasts maximum 2 years, you would have to do the wiring and sealing again to change the bulb, and you can't only change the bulb it's kind of attached to it's wire.

Personnaly, I tough only the halo was worth it, it's the halo that makes all the look... Angel Eye look is made by the angel eye halo. I took the super white bright hallogen option with the light, trust me, the yellow ish cheap look is ALL GONE and angel eye looks great.
I wanted to go HID also but after receiving the lights and looking at how I would have to install the HID's I decided not to do it either. I didn't want to have moisture issues inside the lights like some have noticed.

I went with these for the low and high beams:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bulbs are nice and bright white and work better than the stock halogen bulbs in my opinion.

I also switched out my fogs to there H8 version so all my lights are the same color.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #1905
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I wanted to go HID also but after receiving the lights and looking at how I would have to install the HID's I decided not to do it either. I didn't want to have moisture issues inside the lights like some have noticed.

I went with these for the low and high beams:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bulbs are nice and bright white and work better than the stock halogen bulbs in my opinion.

I also switched out my fogs to there H8 version so all my lights are the same color.
Looks pretty bright. I think I have some aligment to do too, my driver side light is way to low I'll have to do it myself, since the shop installed them I have no idea how to align them. Do you have to remove the bumper or you have acces to the screw from inside the hood?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #1906
ithk21620
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Looks pretty bright. I think I have some aligment to do too, my driver side light is way to low I'll have to do it myself, since the shop installed them I have no idea how to align them. Do you have to remove the bumper or you have acces to the screw from inside the hood?
Here is a good video on how to align the headlights

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #1907
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Did you guys notice that when your low beams are on, the angel eye's brithness dim?

I tried to code it in the FEM:

Switched "Angel eye brightness low beam" from "unknown" to "100%" and it didn't change a thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #1908
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Did you guys notice that when your low beams are on, the angel eye's brithness dim?

I tried to code it in the FEM:

Switched "Angel eye brightness low beam" from "unknown" to "100%" and it didn't change a thing.
The same happens with the factory xenon headlights, and I believe the brightness can be changed via coding.

The coding probably won't work with the depos since they are plug and play aftermarket headlights. I could be wrong, just my theory.
      11-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #1909
sthor10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328

Black Friday sale 15% off! Got mine for $530.46.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #1910
fharhanrahman
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

I have two questions!

1. Does anyone have a picture of these headlights compared to the OEM? I wanted to see if there is a huge difference or not. Or if there’s a way I can find pictures

2. When trying to place an order for DEPO lights, or even trying to buy headlights on ebay, i get thrown off by terms like Xenon or HID and get confused if they’ll fit my car. I have a 2013 F30 with the standard halogen ugly looking headlights. Will any bmw headlights fit into my car ? For example if I wanted adaptive headlights will it be just be plug and play?

I also ask the question above because when I go to buy the DEPO headlights from USR, they ask for my current config and wanted to know what happens if I pick soemthing other than what I have. What’s the significance ?

Sorry, nub questions. Just trying to find my way
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #1911
ikehigh05
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fharhanrahman View Post
I have two questions!

1. Does anyone have a picture of these headlights compared to the OEM? I wanted to see if there is a huge difference or not. Or if there’s a way I can find pictures

2. When trying to place an order for DEPO lights, or even trying to buy headlights on ebay, i get thrown off by terms like Xenon or HID and get confused if they’ll fit my car. I have a 2013 F30 with the standard halogen ugly looking headlights. Will any bmw headlights fit into my car ? For example if I wanted adaptive headlights will it be just be plug and play?

I also ask the question above because when I go to buy the DEPO headlights from USR, they ask for my current config and wanted to know what happens if I pick soemthing other than what I have. What’s the significance ?

Sorry, nub questions. Just trying to find my way

1. I dont have a picture comparing the two, but trust me, the depos look OEM enough. No one will think they arent OEM.

2. If on ebay, majority of the headlights that will fit your f30 will say "for halogen models only" or "only compatible with halogen models", something of that nature. Every bmw headlight will not be compatible with ours. Say you purchased the OEM f30 adaptive headlights second hand, you need to do ALOT of harness changes and coding to get them to work. Just go with plug and play (depo) headlights for halogen based f30s.

3. On the USR website, you want the headlights for left side drive vehicles( as long as your in the united states, of course). Im not 100% sure but I dont think the right side drive headlights will fit.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #1912
sthor10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328

Just did mine this past weekend. You will not regret the change to DEPO lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #1913
herculeus
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i M Sport

Hey guys,

Just purchased a 2014 BMW 328i M Sport with stock Halogen headlights. I do not feel comfortable installing these by myself so called up some shops in the south florida area. So far everyone I have talked to wont do it. There was one place that said they would do it but the depo headlights they have installed always threw error codes. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also how are the stock super white bulbs in the USR Depo headlights? I see everyone in here is cutting out holes for HID's, but is the stock a great upgrade from the original and not needed?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #1914
jlorenzo125
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculeus View Post
Hey guys,

Just purchased a 2014 BMW 328i M Sport with stock Halogen headlights. I do not feel comfortable installing these by myself so called up some shops in the south florida area. So far everyone I have talked to wont do it. There was one place that said they would do it but the depo headlights they have installed always threw error codes. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also how are the stock super white bulbs in the USR Depo headlights? I see everyone in here is cutting out holes for HID's, but is the stock a great upgrade from the original and not needed?
Just do it yourself if u have the time. Jack up car, remove front wheels, open hood and remove weather stripping, remove wheel well black plastic panels, remove top and bottom bumper bolts, remove the bumper, unscrew the 3 screws holding in each headlight. Then go In reverse. Then again, I enjoy this type of work. I trust myself over anyone doing diy stuff. My depos haven't thrown codes either.
Appreciate 0