F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #155
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Norcalmav23's Avatar
283
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: AW DCT M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Just looking to confirm there is a somewhat polished beta map available for an M2 with DCT running 93oct and full bolt ons (probably stage 2?) I'm ok being a guinea pig... just don't want to be the first one lol
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 11:13 PM   #156
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
ronanz's Avatar
United_States
1660
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southwest Region

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
Just looking to confirm there is a somewhat polished beta map available for an M2 with DCT running 93oct and full bolt ons (probably stage 2?) I'm ok being a guinea pig... just don't want to be the first one lol

You wouldn't be the first one....N55/S55 are pretty well sorted now...


.

Last edited by ronanz; 12-02-2016 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
Jadar1619.50
FSociety3226.00

      12-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #157
TR-8R
Private First Class
TR-8R's Avatar
Canada
68
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 13' 335xi M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vancouer, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
MPI (Miami Performance Inc) added to the authorized unlock dealer listing in the OP. Great option for anyone in South Florida. Alex there is running with bootmod3 on his 235i
Is there any authorized unlock dealers in the works for the pacific northwest? Vancouver ?
__________________
13' 335xi PWG M-Sport 8spd - Bootmod3, CTS Turbo Intake, CTS Turbo FMIC, H&R Sport Springs, BMW MPE
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 05:33 PM   #158
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
Just looking to confirm there is a somewhat polished beta map available for an M2 with DCT running 93oct and full bolt ons (probably stage 2?) I'm ok being a guinea pig... just don't want to be the first one lol
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1330744
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM
Appreciate 1
ronanz1659.50

      12-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #159
Alex@VNV-Speed
45
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
Just looking to confirm there is a somewhat polished beta map available for an M2 with DCT running 93oct and full bolt ons (probably stage 2?) I'm ok being a guinea pig... just don't want to be the first one lol
We can help you out.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1619.50

      12-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #160
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Another Sneak Peak for those N55 out there, this is on the X4 M40i a 4465lbs (Full tank + driver weigh)

__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM
Appreciate 3
Stubok458.00
CIWS613.50

      12-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #161
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
ronanz's Avatar
United_States
1660
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southwest Region

iTrader: (3)

giddy up!! . .





.
__________________
.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      12-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #162
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
458
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Austin TX

iTrader: (0)

Just had Ricardo@ACFPerformance work up a Stage 3 flash for my n20 (FBO with Stage 2 hybrid Turbo) and flash over BM3. I didn't get an OTS flash with my BM3 license, because there aren't any yet, but ACF worked one up for me for a reasonable rate.

Alex and Ricardo are awesome! I've asked a million questions and talked about all the options available and have always got a fast and concise response! So glad they took my n20 on!

The Stage 3 ACF n20 tune is off the hook! So incredibly smooth and so much better than anything I've had before. I'm thrilled with the performance!

Oh and BM3 is such a great system! Love the logging and other features.

Dyno coming this week. But I expect to be around 330lbft resulting in 350HP at wheels.
Appreciate 4
FSociety3226.00
Jadar1619.50
crbalch380.00

      12-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #163
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
ronanz's Avatar
United_States
1660
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southwest Region

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
Just had Ricardo@ACFPerformance work up a Stage 3 flash for my n20 (FBO with Stage 2 hybrid Turbo) and flash over BM3. I didn't get an OTS flash with my BM3 license, because there aren't any yet, but ACF worked one up for me for a reasonable rate.

Alex and Ricardo are awesome! I've asked a million questions and talked about all the options available and have always got a fast and concise response! So glad they took my n20 on!

The Stage 3 ACF n20 tune is off the hook! So incredibly smooth and so much better than anything I've had before. I'm thrilled with the performance!

Oh and BM3 is such a great system! Love the logging and other features.

Dyno coming this week. But I expect to be around 330lbft resulting in 350HP at wheels.




Great guys, they DEFINITELY know what they're doing!! You should also post this up in the N20 section...

.
__________________
.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 3
FSociety3226.00
Jadar1619.50

      12-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #164
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Congrats Stubok happy to see you continue pushing your platform as I
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #165
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
728
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

proTUNING Freaks
Any way to integrate a meth system with the BM3 tune so it works similar to to JB4 Map3?

A raise boost when meth is flowing - kind of thing.

An idea - but without much safety:
+20psi map on the Comfort driving mode and then run JB4 in map4 (or with boost control completely disconnected) with meth spraying on all maps. Can monitor meth delivery via the JB4 app. But what happens if meth runs out or delivery is interupted? Will the DME be able to retard timing and close throttle enough running e.g. 25psi?
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)

Last edited by harkes; 12-12-2016 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #166
Alex@VNV-Speed
45
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
proTUNING Freaks
Any way to integrate a meth system with the BM3 tune so it works similar to to JB4 Map3?

A raise boost when meth is flowing - kind of thing.

An idea - but without much safety:
+20psi map on the Comfort driving mode and then run JB4 in map4 (or with boost control completely disconnected) with meth spraying on all maps. Can monitor meth delivery via the JB4 app. But what happens if meth runs out or delivery is interupted? Will the DME be able to retard timing and close throttle enough running e.g. 25psi?
Currently the best option is using a standalone Meth injection controller with internal MAP sensor. We are currently using AEM progressive meth controllers, only ~$160, but comes with even more failsafes than the JB4, and can be wired into the wastegate harness to ground the signal wire instantly killing boost if any of its failsafes are triggered, such as overboost, low tank, low flow, blocked flow, etc.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3226.00
Jadar1619.50

      12-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #167
Alex@VNV-Speed
45
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chicago, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
Just looking to confirm there is a somewhat polished beta map available for an M2 with DCT running 93oct and full bolt ons (probably stage 2?) I'm ok being a guinea pig... just don't want to be the first one lol
The M2 is just an N55, not a lot of real differences from the earlier N55s with the exception of the DCT. Tuning an M2 is no more difficult than any other N55, in fact a majority of M2 engine components will drop right into pretty much all F-series N55 blocks.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #168
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3316
Rep
1,608
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
Just had Ricardo@ACFPerformance work up a Stage 3 flash for my n20 (FBO with Stage 2 hybrid Turbo) and flash over BM3. I didn't get an OTS flash with my BM3 license, because there aren't any yet, but ACF worked one up for me for a reasonable rate.

Alex and Ricardo are awesome! I've asked a million questions and talked about all the options available and have always got a fast and concise response! So glad they took my n20 on!

The Stage 3 ACF n20 tune is off the hook! So incredibly smooth and so much better than anything I've had before. I'm thrilled with the performance!

Oh and BM3 is such a great system! Love the logging and other features.

Dyno coming this week. But I expect to be around 330lbft resulting in 350HP at wheels.
Great to hear guys!! Awesome work ACF and Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@ACF View Post
Currently the best option is using a standalone Meth injection controller with internal MAP sensor. We are currently using AEM progressive meth controllers, only ~$160, but comes with even more failsafes than the JB4, and can be wired into the wastegate harness to ground the signal wire instantly killing boost if any of its failsafes are triggered, such as overboost, low tank, low flow, blocked flow, etc.
For us over the years its only been Aquamist HFS-4 exclusively but AEM's meth controller is a lot cheaper and seems to work very well as well. We run the AEM infinity standalone ecu on our 997.1 turbo shop car and quality of the AEM hardware has improved significantly over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@ACF View Post
The M2 is just an N55, not a lot of real differences from the earlier N55s with the exception of the DCT. Tuning an M2 is no more difficult than any other N55, in fact a majority of M2 engine components will drop right into pretty much all F-series N55 blocks.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      12-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #169
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
728
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)



Not without problems though. Third time the flash succeeded. It think it is my slow internet connection from China that gives me problems. This cloud thing is ehmmmm - well I am not a fan so far. Would be fantastic if it could run offline also!

Update 10 hours later...
I thought I would be flying from the get go, but apparently the OTS maps are also very BETA and Halim says that almost all cars react the differently so there seems to be quite some tuning before you go flying on 18-20psi peak and 93AKI.
The dashboard also frequently disconnects which I think is again due to the internet connection...
My base map feels like JB4 map2 which it also shows peaking at around 14psi. The biggest change I have felt is the smoother gearbox operation which is also a big improvement! Before it would "declutch" very briefly going from steady speed to coasting - this is gone now
Attached Images
  
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)

Last edited by harkes; 12-13-2016 at 05:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      12-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #170
FThirtyFive
Private First Class
87
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Haliburton

iTrader: (0)

Welcome to the BM3 club!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      12-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #171
anrec330
Private First Class
43
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quick question guys. I've done just about all the research I needed. However, I realize it's almost certain warranty will be out the window when doing BM3 but how many of you are still getting the dealer to cover things even with the flash tune?

Also, if we were to be somewhere out of phone service (I like taking drives in the mountains) there is no way to log correct?

Getting my DME unlocked by Vargas next week.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #172
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3316
Rep
1,608
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post


Not without problems though. Third time the flash succeeded. It think it is my slow internet connection from China that gives me problems. This cloud thing is ehmmmm - well I am not a fan so far. Would be fantastic if it could run offline also!

Update 10 hours later...
I thought I would be flying from the get go, but apparently the OTS maps are also very BETA and Halim says that almost all cars react the differently so there seems to be quite some tuning before you go flying on 18-20psi peak and 93AKI.
The dashboard also frequently disconnects which I think is again due to the internet connection...
My base map feels like JB4 map2 which it also shows peaking at around 14psi. The biggest change I have felt is the smoother gearbox operation which is also a big improvement! Before it would "declutch" very briefly going from steady speed to coasting - this is gone now
Thanks for the update harkes. Just very quickly, first flash didn't work due to your poor connection. Second, ignition was off and then 3rd worked.

N55 OTS maps are beta still for sure, we're adding support very quickly though and there's lots of testing going on with multiple cars and hardware/octane configuration out there. As for the dash, make sure to grab the latest agent.

Glad to hear on the shifting. Transmission will definitely shift smoother as the TCU is seeing true load (torque) from the DME and its prepared to shift better for higher power levels.

We're soon to go into high gear full time with N55 OTS as S55 OTS are pretty much set.

Any other questions at all don't hesitate to email.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3226.00
harkes728.00

      12-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #173
HKD126
Captain
271
Rep
771
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i XDrive MSport
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrec330 View Post
Quick question guys. I've done just about all the research I needed. However, I realize it's almost certain warranty will be out the window when doing BM3 but how many of you are still getting the dealer to cover things even with the flash tune?

Also, if we were to be somewhere out of phone service (I like taking drives in the mountains) there is no way to log correct?

Getting my DME unlocked by Vargas next week.
I was wondering about the dealer thing too. It's been my only hold up with BM3.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #174
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
728
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Thanks for the update harkes. Just very quickly, first flash didn't work due to your poor connection. Second, ignition was off and then 3rd worked.
Ignition off... well that one is on me then hehe

This morning, before the mobile network got overloaded, I flashed V2 from Halim and all went smooth. Great improvement over V1. Waiting impatiently for V3
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #175
crbalch
The Schwab
crbalch's Avatar
United_States
380
Rep
1,606
Posts

Drives: 2020 AW M340xi
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Plan on going BM3 via ACF this spring!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 03:33 AM   #176
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
728
Rep
1,734
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
You will get it as soon as they revise the log dont worry and welcome to BM3!

I just flashed V11 tonight.
V11 - holy smokes that is a lot of iterations. Do you mind sharing the link to one of your V11 logs?
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST