F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2015 328i lease turn-in questions
ARMA SPEED

03-16-2018, 11:49 PM   #1
baummer
Rep
Drives: None Yet

2015 328i lease turn-in questions

Hi.

My 2015 328i lease ends September 5. I have some questions:

1. I've been contacted by the dealer I got the car from as well as a couple of others encouraging me to do an early lease turn-in. I have 5 months of payments left. Is this a sales tactic on their part? Should I be considering these?

2. Do low miles work in my favor at all (perhaps as a potential negotiating tool for a new lease)? I'm on a 3-year/30k lease (10k per year). I have 14,500 currently. I anticipate having around 16,000 by the time I have to turn in the vehicle.

3. I am interested in the new 3 series that I've read is supposed to be available to order starting in October/November/December. But since that hasn't been officially announced, what are the chances of being able to setup a lease deal for the new 3 series?

4. This replaces #3 in the event that it is not an option. I am also interested in a X3 M40i. I know that good deals can be had with prior year models. How early do I need to have a lease deal in place before my current lease ends? Trying to think strategically; I got a great deal on my current car because it was from existing inventory and I bought when they had an excess of MY2015 inventory when everyone wanted a MY2016. I'd like to do the same thing with an X3 assuming I can't get a deal on the new 3 series, but I suspect most dealers won't have any existing M40i's in inventory (though I suspect they'd have a lot of 30i's).

5.. I live in California and used MSDs for my current car. I understand MSDs can be carried over (and at a reduced rate), but only going from an existing lease to a new lease. For those who know or have done it recently, is there anything I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance my friends and fellow BMW enthusiasts!
Appreciate 0