F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmertech Comfort Access Nightmare
proTUNING Freaks

07-21-2022, 07:08 PM   #1
zhoushilun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428I

Bimmertech Comfort Access Nightmare

I have heard so many good words from Bimmertech so I decide to give it a try on the comfort access kit. But my car has stuck in the garage for a month since I start the process.

I brought a used kit from this forum and spend the whole weekend to installing it. I found out that once you start using the key to lock the car, the CA system will deactivate and you need to disconnect the battery to reset. I thought the kits may be defective since it was used but it turns out all the kits produced before 2020 have this issue it is a design default!

I am in shock that Bimmertech such a good reputation company will release a defective product...Anyway, I have to get a brand new kit from them since I am so deep into the process, that all the wires have been installed and I have no choice. After installing the new module thanks god the previous issues have been fixed, but the new problems that keep popping out. The acoustical alarm is not able to work. One of the handles can unlock the car but the door won't open, The seatbelt guide won't retract after locking the car with the CA system and it works fine with the Key.

At this point, I just want to rip the whole system out and call it the day...But I have to gove Bimmertech technical support team credit. They are super friendly and helpful but their product design is just a disaster...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 09:29 PM   #2
zhoushilun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428I

Update, I end up taking the whole system off and paid another $100 shipping to return the product. What a waste of money and time. Be aware before you are buying any bimmertech product.
Appreciate 2
      11-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #3
CCSFBMB
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible '15

I have had issues with BimmerTech as well. I am going to send you a private message. Thanks for warning others about your experience.
Appreciate 0