F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Bert Smith Recommendations
proTUNING Freaks

07-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
erichighley
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, i3 BEV

Garage List
Bert Smith Recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good SA/CA at Bert Smith in St. Pete?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichighley
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good SA/CA at Bert Smith in St. Pete?
I didn't have a good experience at Bert Smith so decided to go with BMW of Sarasota. If you want my SA shoot me a PM
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Bert Smith is so tiny. I'd rather go to Reeves or Ferman
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
erichighley
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
I didn't have a good experience at Bert Smith so decided to go with BMW of Sarasota. If you want my SA shoot me a PM
After looking it seems Sarasota is the best option around. Not used to having all of these choices, so it'll be fun putting them up against each other when it comes time to order something new. Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
Malaka1
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6MT Black

I can recommend Matthew Sanford, has been a great SA for years. Also a car enthusiast and races shifter karts.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
erichighley
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just wanted to update this post after the atrocious experience I had yesterday at Bert Smith. Never again will I consider them, for sales or service. My service appointment was uneventful, however, while waiting I met with a man named Rusty who had agreed in an email to beat a quote I had received on an i3 at another dealership. His demeanor was smug, arrogant, and disinterested -- which admittedly heightened my emotions a bit.

Upon his first trip back from the sales manager, which lasted entirely too long for a simple quote match. He threw a piece of paper at me and said, if you're serious you'll sign this now and give us deposit before you leave. Well, problem #1 was that they matched the offer, not beat it like they said they would. Problem #2 was that the "offer" was a sales price written in pen on a piece of paper with an X_________ at the bottom for my signature. Not going to cut it. I asked for numbers....what's my MF, where's my residual, what about overage miles, can you print me out a deal summary? He immediately became more aggressive and played dumb about not knowing what "drive off amount" means, and refusing to provide a deal summary sheet. He continually put the ball back in my court saying how much less do you want from the quoted offer? That's not for me to decide, YOU said you would beat the quote. After another few minutes of negotiation he returned to the sales manager. 30 minutes later, he returned with a MF of .00171 (saying it was BMW's base MF, which I know for a fact to be a massive markup), $100 discount, and a monthly payment of nearly $700/mo (which was $200 more than the quoted offer he was meant to beat). I said that's absurd, shook his hand, and walked away.

You would think a reasonable CA would leave it at that. Chalk it up to a rough Monday morning and move on with your day. But no, as I was talking to my wife on the phone while waiting for my car to be finished at service, he seeks me out, interrupts my conversation, and continues to argue with me after the fact. Saying, by the way people hate the i3s, you should do your research. Continuing to say, I'll put you in contact with people that hate them here in St. Pete. I couldn't help but laugh, I was astounded that his ego couldn't take the hit of me walking out.

This was my second attempt at giving Bert Smith my money. Each and every time I have been treated like a nuisance. After that awful experience, I had to reaffirm my trust in BMW so I headed to Ferman up in Palm Harbor. I am happy to say that I have never had a better experience than the one I had with Mary Keller at Ferman. We talked for what felt like hours comfortably, and I was able to have an honest conversation with the sales manager, Shane, who felt the need to visit with me face-to-face and disclose his numbers freely (which I greatly appreciated). We were able to come to the agreement that this specific i3 wasn't for us, but they immediately put out an APB on one that is. Ms. Keller then had no problem hunting down the keys and showing me around a new 7-series (a car I disclosed was way out of my price range), showing genuine interest in building a trusting relationship.

Ms. Keller and Ferman BMW have more than earned my business moving forward, and I have no hesitation driving the extra 30+ minutes for the level of service they provide.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
solo_md
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

That's strange, I just bought a BMW and my sales guy was excellent. I told them what I wanted for my trade, what I was willing to pay for their car and the payment was was willing to accept. Call me when you are ready to make the deal and I will sign. They called me the next day, had the car ready to go and I was out the door in an hour.

I haven't tried the service but looking at the reply's I will try Sarasota.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #8
erichighley
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_md
That's strange, I just bought a BMW and my sales guy was excellent. I told them what I wanted for my trade, what I was willing to pay for their car and the payment was was willing to accept. Call me when you are ready to make the deal and I will sign. They called me the next day, had the car ready to go and I was out the door in an hour.

I haven't tried the service but looking at the reply's I will try Sarasota.
A lot of it is the CA, and I may have had an off day with the guy when I went in. That being said, I have grown to prefer the facilities and general friendliness of the employees at Ferman. I've heard good things about Sarasota as well, but that's a bit of a trek for us.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 07:20 PM   #9
solo_md
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Good to know, I probably won't take my car to Bert's for my service then.
Appreciate 0