F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Studio RSR

05-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #89
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
Sygic works fine for me. My tethered connection is painfully slow. Would really like if Android Auto worked.

Still no luck on streaming audio from my phone. Anyone have luck?

Side note, does anyone know how to change the ring tone or ring tone volume when the phone is connected? It is super loud when i get a call regardless of how loud I have my volume on.

At this moment defaulting to the factory BT audio and phone.
I can stream via bluetooth. No issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #90
fdalto
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:
Mirroring android auto from my phone to the screen on the dash.
I use another program. I will show you, test this other one latter.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #91
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
By the way, have anyone of u guys tried the sygic navi? It picks up the coordinate very slowly.

Also it cannot pin point the location of the car accurately. Will jump about randomly.

I tried using Google map via the screen with tethering to my phone data. Seems like also cannot pin point the location accurately. I have a feeling its hardware issue. That the gps antenna not strong enough. Where do u guys place the square piece of the end of the antenna. Hidden under dash or place on top of dash? Care to share on your experience with the sygic navi?
Managed to sort this out. I took pains to remove the panels and relocate the square end of gps antenna to the corner of the dash. Working fine now. Previously I have hidden it just under the screen; right below the dash. So for those who intends to buy, lesson learn is not to hide it under the dash. Have it face the sky. The length of the cable is long enough to be hidden under the plastic trimming of the footwell and run along the edge; to be hidden via the rubber lining before ending up on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #92
jayman80
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive

Quote:
I can stream via bluetooth. No issue for me.

Do you have android or Apple?

Are you wired in or stream wireless?

If you dont mind, can you walk me through the steps to get it to stream? Does the radio or CD stop when you turn on your stream (ie. play amazon music of spotify)?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #93
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Anyone use this with Apple Carplay yet? This is the feature I am most interested in.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #94
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobster1983 View Post
Anyone use this with Apple Carplay yet? This is the feature I am most interested in.
Guys, try this other program EasyConnected
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 07:33 AM   #95
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Do you have android or Apple?

Are you wired in or stream wireless?

If you dont mind, can you walk me through the steps to get it to stream? Does the radio or CD stop when you turn on your stream (ie. play amazon music of spotify)?
Hi android. I did nothing. I just connect my phone via bluetooth and play songs from my phone. That's all.

Also the moment u choose the bluetooth tile, all other music radio/ cd cuts off.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #96
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
Hi android. I did nothing. I just connect my phone via bluetooth and play songs from my phone. That's all.

Also the moment u choose the bluetooth tile, all other music radio/ cd cuts off.
Thanks!

Are you able to get android auto to work? Or do you use the software they include? If you do use that software that is baked in, do you get a smaller screen mirrored (ie. not the full screen)?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #97
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
Guys, try this other program EasyConnected
Can you provide a link? I am getting a few different apps with that name.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #98
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Are you able to get android auto to work? Or do you use the software they include? If you do use that software that is baked in, do you get a smaller screen mirrored (ie. not the full screen)?
Unfortunately no for android auto . can't make it work via bluetooth. Have already feedback to Avinusa to resolve this as it was advertised as android auto compatible.

That said mirrorlink via easy connect works. Yes, it triggers the car drive app supplied by avinusa via a software update where it force install to your phone. U can add android auto in it or run android auto from your phone only when hard wired via usb. However it shows a much smaller screen ( as mentioned) which is not what we wanted.

Take note that while the fix / update allows easyconnect to read the usb for mirrorlink, it disables the capability of sygic navigation to transfer the maps between screen internal storage and micro sd. Avinusa mention said they are working on it. Need time though.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #99
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
Can you provide a link? I am getting a few different apps with that name.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-g...o-auto-pumpkin

https://mega.nz/#!NdNUQJ7A!Gnnbr6kH0...saYaH8eOKTWwCQ

I think is this one. For mirrorwing
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 07:02 AM   #100
fdalto
Rep

Sound problem

Guys, I forgot to say, I chenged the original speakers and put an external amplifier in the car (JBL+Hertz). Maybe that's why I have no sound.

Can anyone tell me if I need to route a cable from the multimedia to the amplifier?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #101
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

How much are you guys getting this system for? The price on the Avin site seems way overpriced.

They go for $250.00 less on ebay
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #102
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Those are not Avin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmenard View Post
How much are you guys getting this system for? The price on the Avin site seems way overpriced.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #103
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Those are not Avin.

Quote:

What's the main difference beetween these systems?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #104
joq3
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 M/T -13

Quote:

Were do you find them for $250 or less? I can only find similar for $350-500.

Please PM link or post here, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #105
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3 View Post
Quote:

Were do you find them for $250 or less? I can only find similar for $350-500.

Please PM link or post here, thank you!
I mean 250$ cheaper, meaning they sale for $450
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #106
vitinvictor1
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

Hi, have any of you used the torque app with the avin screen? I tried to use it by an OBDII wifi and with bluetooth adapter and no one works for me, any recommendation? ive seen people using it on youtube videos with the same system
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #107
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitinvictor1 View Post
Hi, have any of you used the torque app with the avin screen? I tried to use it by an OBDII wifi and with bluetooth adapter and no one works for me, any recommendation? ive seen people using it on youtube videos with the same system
I will try that out when I get a chance. I have run Torque on my Avin-2 in my e46 many many times.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #108
Zymon
Rep

Hi it seemed like the discussion on this item had come to a halt.

Likewise I'm sharing that the support from Avin to me had seemingly come to a stop too. Quite disappointed with the after sales service. I can understand that time is required but I can't accept an infinite period to resolve it. Worst of all is the poor or even no response from avin.

Till date there are 3 main issues I've encountered with this set but it been grilling 2 mth plus which remains unresolved.

- bluetooth issue with phone

- unable to connect Android auto via bluetooth. Avin managed to force connect via usb but caused another issue where;

- under sygic map, it was unable to read the micro sd card anymore.

There was no email updates from avin except reminders from my end prompting on the outstanding. Their earlier reply informed they will try sort things out but there is no eta to resolve the issues I've encountered. Does it mean we have no choice but to suck thumb? Their web advertised its compatible with Android auto but its definitely not! Not with bluetooth. Avin did asked me what am I looking for in the android auto and I've reiterated that it should work via bluetooth not just via usb. Thereafter total silence without acknowledgement. Mind you that was about 1 mth ago. Nothing heard since.

Just last week I've emailed them asking for an update. After a 2nd reminder avin replied he was out of office and will respond to my queries when he returns on last wed. Until today, nothing heard. I guess avin had no answer to the issues or had conveniently forgotten abt .hence chosen to ignore. I've sent reminder for update on the progress of those issues and till date silent to my emails.

For those considering buying. I would strongly advise until all issues sorted…don't… . which basing from my unpleasant experience i dont think the issues would be ever resolved. Afterall the set comes from China. You probably can get equivalent at lower price. Give a search in aliexpress and you will know what I mean.

Apologies to the supporters of avin. It did not work well for me. Not so sure about others. The initial support was pretty prompt but I guess avin has decided to drop my case with more issues surfaced since there is no solution to it. What a shame.

Last edited by Zymon; 06-08-2017 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #109
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Hi it seemed like the discussion on this item had come to a halt.

Likewise I'm sharing that the support from Avin to me had seemingly come to a stop too. Quite disappointed with the after sales service. I can understand that time is required but I can't accept an infinite period to resolve it. Worst of all is the poor or even no response from avin.

Till date there are 3 main issues I've encountered with this set but it been grilling 2 mth plus which remains unresolved.

- bluetooth issue with phone

- unable to connect Android auto via bluetooth. Avin managed to force connect via usb but caused another issue where;

- under sygic map, it was unable to read the micro sd card anymore.

There was no email updates from avin except reminders from my end prompting on the outstanding. Their earlier reply informed they will try sort things out but there is no eta to resolve the issues I've encountered. Does it mean we have no choice but to suck thumb? Their web advertised its compatible with Android auto but its definitely not! Not with bluetooth. Avin did asked me what am I looking for in the android auto and I've reiterated that it should work via bluetooth not just via usb. Thereafter total silence without acknowledgement. Mind you that was about 1 mth ago. Nothing heard since.

Just last week I've emailed them asking for an update. After a 2nd reminder avin replied he was out of office and will respond to my queries when he returns on last wed. Until today, nothing heard. I guess avin had no answer to the issues or had conveniently forgotten abt .hence chosen to ignore. I've sent reminder for update on the progress of those issues and till date silent to my emails.

For those considering buying. I would strongly advise until all issues sorted…don't… . which basing from my unpleasant experience i dont think the issues would be ever resolved. Afterall the set comes from China. You probably can get equivalent at lower price. Give a search in aliexpress and you will know what I mean.

Apologies to the supporters of avin. It did not work well for me. Not so sure about others. The initial support was pretty prompt but I guess avin has decided to drop my case with more issues surfaced since there is no solution to it. What a shame.
I am sorry you are having trouble, and I speak with Tommy of Avin often and regularly. Speaking ONLY FOR MYSELF, I have heard they are actively into the issues you have mentioned, and I have only run into issues with car play and my android system. I can understand how if that is a crucial feature for you, then it is a big problem. For me, its a function I could care less about, so don't even think twice about it.. I have tried again and again to make it work, and while I can get a loaned iPhone to work instantly, my S8+ will not. *shrug* But then I don't really care about it..

Regarding Sygic, I will check that out as I hadn't made that change in my app. I also bounce around between NAV apps quite a bit between that, Here, and Waze a little.

I trust Tommy will get it all worked out.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #110
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

im intrested in getting this unit but the reviews on this forum are a bit both sided about it. I found a few similar units on aliexpress for cheaper but they all seem the same but just under a different brand.
Appreciate 0