F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Un-connected drive
Studio RSR

01-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Un-connected drive

Is anybody else getting this right now I've had it since about 2 am last night (when I (kinda) finished TCB retrofit)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 G05

Garage List
Yep. they have issues right now. I got my new 2019 X5 G05 a couple weeks back and had to be on multiple calls with BMW Genius at the toll free number since none of my apps and services were working. At one point they had to submit a ticket to BMW's IT department. Turnaround time on tickets to them is 7 - 10 business days it turns out.

A couple of days ago the apps and services started to download which was exciting, but the App Store feature has not worked yet. A couple of days ago the remote 360 view in the new car stopped working along with sending destinations from the app in the car and now I can't log in to connecteddrive.bmwusa.com. I think they're working to try to get the bugs in the new cars with the iDrive 7 rollout fixed and this is some some of the stuff we have to deal with until then.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerstyler View Post
Yep. they have issues right now. I got my new 2019 X5 G05 a couple weeks back and had to be on multiple calls with BMW Genius at the toll free number since none of my apps and services were working. At one point they had to submit a ticket to BMW's IT department. Turnaround time on tickets to them is 7 - 10 business days it turns out.

A couple of days ago the apps and services started to download which was exciting, but the App Store feature has not worked yet. A couple of days ago the remote 360 view in the new car stopped working along with sending destinations from the app in the car and now I can't log in to connecteddrive.bmwusa.com. I think they're working to try to get the bugs in the new cars with the iDrive 7 rollout fixed and this is some some of the stuff we have to deal with until then.
That's crazy man I'm sorry it's a new car too, it's just ridiculous I think it's been a while around and it's still a service that's having hiccups. I also think it's crazy how I happened to retrofit connected drive and this happens right then so I can't tell if it actually retrofitted correctly either. Hoping they solve your stuff
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Hahaha!! Love the title bro
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Hahaha It's so great.
      01-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #6
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha It's so great.
Lmao it's true though and bimmerstyler did it start working yet or still under maintenance because it still is for me, it's switched between no connection and that past week, any updates, I can't bring it to dealership because it's retrofitted and I don't own the title to the car because I only bought this one part from it so on my own with this one LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha It's so great.
Lmao it's true though and bimmerstyler did it start working yet or still under maintenance because it still is for me, it's switched between no connection and that past week, any updates, I can't bring it to dealership because it's retrofitted and I don't own the title to the car because I only bought this one part from it so on my own with this one LOL
Was still an issue this morning when I tried it again. I just noticed that my app is telling me that the 3D remote view is requiring a privacy setting enabled in the car so they must have done something again to shake this loose. I'll be able to check after 5 again.
      01-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #8
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
@midnightf30 still no dice on the connection bugs tonight in the G05. We are still at status un-ConnectedDrive.
      01-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #9
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
@midnightf30 still no dice on the connection bugs tonight in the G05. We are still at status un-ConnectedDrive.
LOL I'm just loving the title, they should really have a giant landing page on the bmw website itself to let people know HEY , WERE DOWN, just like a giant "un-connected drive" that lights up when it's down. But yea still no dice for me either what'd the dealer tell you?

EDIT: just gave them a call about it and they said that there are still technical difficulties and that there's no timeframe but as of now they have fixed the remote services portion.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 07:58 AM   #10
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
LOL I'm just loving the title, they should really have a giant landing page on the bmw website itself to let people know HEY , WERE DOWN, just like a giant "un-connected drive" that lights up when it's down. But yea still no dice for me either what'd the dealer tell you?

EDIT: just gave them a call about it and they said that there are still technical difficulties and that there's no timeframe but as of now they have fixed the remote services portion.
That's a really good idea. Would stop a lot of us calling and annoying them if we could quickly get an answer of an outage. I know I would check it first if it existed. Would have saved me a lot of time.
      01-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
I get this too! I recently subscribed to the ConnectedDrive Services in my CPO 2015 F30, to get the BMW Apps, and they don't even show up in my car! I've managed to get to the BMW Online part and am able to see things like Weather, Office, etc. But when I connect my phone via Bluetooth or USB, none of the apps like Pandora or Spotify appear anywhere in my iDrive.
      01-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #12
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post
I get this too! I recently subscribed to the ConnectedDrive Services in my CPO 2015 F30, to get the BMW Apps, and they don't even show up in my car! I've managed to get to the BMW Online part and am able to see things like Weather, Office, etc. But when I connect my phone via Bluetooth or USB, none of the apps like Pandora or Spotify appear anywhere in my iDrive.
Dang man so you were at least able to add the car to your connected drive. I can even receive the pin yet I've been trying everyday.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #13
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Dang man so you were at least able to add the car to your connected drive. I can even receive the pin yet I've been trying everyday.
You're supposed to get a PIN? When I purchased the option, I did it through the ConnectedDrive website and that was it? At least that's all I remember.
      01-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #14
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're supposed to get a PIN? When I purchased the option, I did it through the ConnectedDrive website and that was it? At least that's all I remember.
It depends if your car is already linked to your connected drive account, sometimes it's already there if your second hand or retrofit you have to add it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #15
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It depends if your car is already linked to your connected drive account, sometimes it's already there if your second hand or retrofit you have to add it
Ah, gotcha!
      01-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #16
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a really good idea. Would stop a lot of us calling and annoying them if we could quickly get an answer of an outage. I know I would check it first if it existed. Would have saved me a lot of time.
Update still maintenance
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #17
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Well, I tried the Apps in my car again yesterday after posting this, and it worked. Go figure.

So I'm able to get into BMW Online, as well as see the Apps (Pandora, Spotify, etc.) in my ConnectedDrive/Radio. It's only when I try to get to the Store, I get the maintenance error message from OP's initial post.
      01-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #18
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well, I tried the Apps in my car again yesterday after posting this, and it worked. Go figure.

So I'm able to get into BMW Online, as well as see the Apps (Pandora, Spotify, etc.) in my ConnectedDrive/Radio. It's only when I try to get to the Store, I get the maintenance error message from OP's initial post.
Same the apps work in my car also but when I hit bmw online or visit store it's still under maintenance and still no service messages
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #19
renpar61
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i coupe

I haven't been able to connect to store for months, looks like it's connecting but then I get a "no result found" (?) message.
I was ready to buy the CarPlay add-on (it was there in the store for $300 a while ago)
The "genius" at my dealer had no clue...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #20
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renpar61 View Post
I haven't been able to connect to store for months, looks like it's connecting but then I get a "no result found" (?) message.
I was ready to buy the CarPlay add-on (it was there in the store for $300 a while ago)
The "genius" at my dealer had no clue...
Is yours retrofitted too?? And dang that's a while I'm still just getting the maintenance notification do you have any other features like apps?? That's odd did you bring it for them to do a full check on it and did it work at one point? I've called them so many times this week and have gotten "its fixed" and "they're still working on it" it's crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:08 PM   #21
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Still under maintenance at least for me :/
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:04 AM   #22