F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Certified pre-owned sold with broken part Autonation
GetBMWParts

03-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
chicolax2
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Certified pre-owned sold with broken part Autonation

Any guidance would help. I purchased a CPO 328i form Roseville BMW a AutoNation dealer in Oct. With the first rains, I noticed that one of my adaptive headlights would fog on occasion with rain, however they worked perfectly. I recently had my 5K service a month ago and went to a closer dealer and asked them to look at the light for issues. They had found damage inside the light and mentioned that it was not a warranty issue. No damage is present on the outside. I looked in old photos and was lucky enough to find a photo from the day after I bought the car (so that I could remember the new license number) and the crack was present in the headlight. I have been calling and emailing the group with no response. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
im_an_alien
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolax2 View Post
Any guidance would help. I purchased a CPO 328i form Roseville BMW a AutoNation dealer in Oct. With the first rains, I noticed that one of my adaptive headlights would fog on occasion with rain, however they worked perfectly. I recently had my 5K service a month ago and went to a closer dealer and asked them to look at the light for issues. They had found damage inside the light and mentioned that it was not a warranty issue. No damage is present on the outside. I looked in old photos and was lucky enough to find a photo from the day after I bought the car (so that I could remember the new license number) and the crack was present in the headlight. I have been calling and emailing the group with no response. Any thoughts or suggestions?
That's correct, it's not a warranty item. The dealer that CPOd the car is responsible for looking over the car, and if they missed it you should take it back to them, or have them directly work with the closer dealership.
Reach out to them instead of the group.
Learned this when I bought a CPO Audi S4 a while back. BMW may work differently.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_an_alien View Post
That's correct, it's not a warranty item. The dealer that CPOd the car is responsible for looking over the car, and if they missed it you should take it back to them, or have them directly work with the closer dealership.
Reach out to them instead of the group.
Learned this when I bought a CPO Audi S4 a while back. BMW may work differently.
this is correct. Im a dealer tech, you need to go back to Roseville BMW and have them fix it. Looks like you have proof of said crack. If they give you lip....show them the CPO checklist that the tech signed off. He probably said good but it is failed due to your picture. Ask for sales manager followed by GM if all goes south. Last step is BMW NA.
Appreciate 1