F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The official "Ask a cop/deputy anything!" thread
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #419
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.....






.
Those don't travel at the speed of light like radio waves, but I'll readily concede that they would make quite an impression once they got there.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 2
vreihen162037.50
Sedan_Clan4804.00

      12-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #420
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
As the old saying goes, though, "The fastest thing on the road is a Motorola."
Rotomola
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 03:56 PM   #421
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Rotomola
And if you really screw up bad, you'll be Outtamoola.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
vreihen162037.50

      12-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #422
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Here's some food for thought. When running from the Police, alcohol or drugs is often a factor, so is adrenaline (Jerry Zidner hates adrenaline-another story) and you are trying to essentially win the race, the police are really playing follow leader, kind of like a track day following an instructor. The police aren't trying to pass you, or even catch you for that matter they just don't want to loose you and having been in a few dozen pursuits over my 30+ year career I can tell you that in the majority of pursuits the client ends up wrecking. And all of his injuries were sustained in the collision.....just sayin'
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan4804.00
vreihen162037.50
Rmtt6984.00

      12-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #423
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
...
And all of his injuries were sustained in the collision.....just sayin'
Well, of course they were. Unless maybe he had a wee "oopsie" in the process of gracefully and gleefully exiting his vehicle after the coppers cordially invited him to join them. Or when the coppers sensed his tension and kindly helped him recline into a more relaxing position while they lovingly massaged his scalp and back. Uh-huh.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3524.50
vreihen162037.50

      12-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #424
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Well, of course they were. Unless maybe he had a wee "oopsie" in the process of gracefully and gleefully exiting his vehicle after the coppers cordially invited him to join them. Or when the coppers sensed his tension and kindly helped him recline into a more relaxing position while they lovingly massaged his scalp and back. Uh-huh.
Shit does happen, I've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #425
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Shit does happen, I've seen it.
I've always heard that if you're sick of the lame-assed fluff-and-buff you get from most massage therapists and you want a really brisk and vigorous scalp massage, a police chase is a sure-fire way to get one.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3524.50

      12-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #426
DocL
Second Lieutenant
DocL's Avatar
United_States
309
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: S Fla

iTrader: (0)

Old and true story that happened to the son of a family friend. He pulled up next to a K-9 unit and barked at the service dog in the back of the car. A few moments later he got pulled over by the officer. He was asked to step out of the car because now the dog wanted to play with him. Suffice to say he was little scared, but it was a funny story to hear.
__________________
2018 F80 M3. YMB/BLK. ZCP. Three Pedals.
"Education will never be as expensive as ignorance."
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3524.50
Rmtt6984.00

      12-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #427
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Old and true story that happened to the son of a family friend. He pulled up next to a K-9 unit and barked at the service dog in the back of the car. A few moments later he got pulled over by the officer. He was asked to step out of the car because now the dog wanted to play with him. Suffice to say he was little scared, but it was a funny story to hear.
i'm a big fan of the dogs, I was never a handler but always appreciated having a dog at the scene.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22693.50
Sedan_Clan4804.00

      12-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #428
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Shit does happen, I've seen it.
It was commonly assumed back when I was growing up that when the cops caught you, you were going to get the piss beat out of you, guaranteed, as payback for the risk and hassle of leading them on a chase. It didn't matter if you stepped out of the car nice and slow with a smile on your face and a big box of donuts in your hands, they were going to whoop your ass. As soon as they were finished with the donuts.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3524.50
MKSixer22693.50
Rmtt6984.00

      12-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #429
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It was commonly assumed back when I was growing up that when the cops caught you, you were going to get the piss beat out of you, guaranteed, as payback for the risk and hassle of leading them on a chase. It didn't matter if you stepped out of the car nice and slow with a smile on your face and a big box of donuts in your hands, they were going to whoop your ass. As soon as they were finished with the donuts.
Things were different back in the day.....if the walls could talk.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #430
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9499
Rep
8,191
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

It must be kinda cool to be the only vehicle on a big closed freeway like the 5, and be able to drive any direction with no concern for lanes.


At least once all the drama is secured. I watched a unit on news cast covering the closure and a CHP was just roaming the wrong direction. Maybe he was checking traction:ice???
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3524.50

      12-27-2019, 10:27 PM   #431
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4804
Rep
15,888
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It must be kinda cool to be the only vehicle on a big closed freeway like the 5, and be able to drive any direction with no concern for lanes.


At least once all the drama is secured. I watched a unit on news cast covering the closure and a CHP was just roaming the wrong direction. Maybe he was checking traction:ice???
That happens almost nightly with the CHP.


I remember one night my....um....partners....drag raced the Explorer against the Crown Victoria on an unnamed California freeway. The Explorer smoked it. Fun times!
Appreciate 3
      12-27-2019, 10:36 PM   #432
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9499
Rep
8,191
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It must be kinda cool to be the only vehicle on a big closed freeway like the 5, and be able to drive any direction with no concern for lanes.


At least once all the drama is secured. I watched a unit on news cast covering the closure and a CHP was just roaming the wrong direction. Maybe he was checking traction:ice???
That happens almost nightly with the CHP.


I remember one night my....um....partners....drag raced the Explorer against the Crown Victoria on an unnamed California freeway. The Explorer smoked it. Fun times!
Just practicing for DRAGG, amirite???
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3524.50

      12-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #433
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4804
Rep
15,888
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Just practicing for DRAGG, amirite???
Exactly!
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3524.50

      12-27-2019, 11:15 PM   #434
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4804
Rep
15,888
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Those don't travel at the speed of light like radio waves, but I'll readily concede that they would make quite an impression once they got there.
That jet peeking from behind bushes is hilarious.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 12-28-2019 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
      12-28-2019, 02:25 AM   #435
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
3116
Rep
2,413
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL/Shelbyville, IN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Old and true story that happened to the son of a family friend. He pulled up next to a K-9 unit and barked at the service dog in the back of the car. A few moments later he got pulled over by the officer. He was asked to step out of the car because now the dog wanted to play with him. Suffice to say he was little scared, but it was a funny story to hear.
Thanks for the tip. Iíll try this next time Iím next to a K-9 unit and report back with results. Always wanted to pet a K-9, canít wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That happens almost nightly with the CHP.


I remember one night my....um....partners....drag raced the Explorer against the Crown Victoria on an unnamed Mexico freeway. The Explorer smoked it. Fun times!
FTFY
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
Seems like ur out of touch with baseball a bit. A few years behind.
You didnít know who Hader was. And Kershaw is a mess in the playoffs. No thanks
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3524.50
DocL309.00

      12-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #436
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
6984
Rep
2,075
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Well, of course they were. Unless maybe he had a wee "oopsie" in the process of gracefully and gleefully exiting his vehicle after the coppers cordially invited him to join them. Or when the coppers sensed his tension and kindly helped him recline into a more relaxing position while they lovingly massaged his scalp and back. Uh-huh.
God...some of the stories I've heard from the LEO that I train at the Aikido school about people resisting...I just cringe. A lot of our guys come from the jail as they tend to have the most contact.

We have an armbar technique....that has hundreds of different applications....many of them involving the opposite side of the shoulder. Once applied, the offender will do what every other one does 99% of the time....go up on his toes and lean forward to relieve the pain.

When you have a guy on his tip-toes....he is easily maneuvered anyway you want. Into the back of a car, into a wall, etc.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3524.50
Sedan_Clan4804.00
MKSixer22693.50

      12-28-2019, 06:00 AM   #437
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
God...some of the stories I've heard from the LEO that I train at the Aikido school about people resisting...I just cringe. A lot of our guys come from the jail as they tend to have the most contact.

We have an armbar technique....that has hundreds of different applications....many of them involving the opposite side of the shoulder. Once applied, the offender will do what every other one does 99% of the time....go up on his toes and lean forward to relieve the pain.

When you have a guy on his tip-toes....he is easily maneuvered anyway you want. Into the back of a car, into a wall, etc.
I alway's liked that the body followed the head.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan4804.00
MKSixer22693.50
Rmtt6984.00

      12-31-2019, 12:07 PM   #438
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3963
Rep
2,011
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

ok so you have to work a holiday (Thanksgiving, xmas, new years). do you take it out on the public and say fuck it everyone's getting a ticket.
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #439
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
ok so you have to work a holiday (Thanksgiving, xmas, new years). do you take it out on the public and say fuck it everyone's getting a ticket.
I usually gave out more breaks on holidays. Especially Christmas. You'd have to badly fail the attitude test on Christmas to get a ticket.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan4804.00
upstatedoc3963.00

      12-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #440
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
4804
Rep
15,888
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
ok so you have to work a holiday (Thanksgiving, xmas, new years). do you take it out on the public and say fuck it everyone's getting a ticket.
I usually gave out more breaks on holidays. Especially Christmas. You'd have to badly fail the attitude test on Christmas to get a ticket.
Agreed! Working holidays comes with the job. It's not a bad thing. I had Xmas Eve and New Year's Eve off this year; worked Xmas Day and I work New Year's Day.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc3963.00
Salty Dog3524.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST