F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Finishing Touches?
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Finishing Touches?

Hey guys,

My vehicle has been at the NJ VPC since last Thursday and the 800# hasn't had any new updates either since then. Is this normal? Most people have said that they got their cars within 7-8 of seeing the "Finishing Touches" stage but mine hasn't even changed yet.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Update, my vehicle I am guessing, is still sitting at the VPC. It has now been at the port for 11 days with no updates from dealers, 800# or online tracker, should I start to get worried? Who should I call?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
///jbeck
Private
///jbeck's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Holding a new car at the port is not unheard of. They could be testing the emmissions or, more likely, BMW is holding them so that all the local dealerships get their 4 series at about the same time.

We have had 2 4's at the port for over a week. It is annoying for sure, but I wouldn't view it as reason for concern.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///jbeck View Post
Holding a new car at the port is not unheard of. They could be testing the emmissions or, more likely, BMW is holding them so that all the local dealerships get their 4 series at about the same time.

We have had 2 4's at the port for over a week. It is annoying for sure, but I wouldn't view it as reason for concern.
It's a 2014 328i so thats not the issue. I know some people on this board have gotten their '14 f30s already so its not like they are intentionally holding it. All the EPA stuff was done in late July.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
///jbeck
Private
///jbeck's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925 View Post
It's a 2014 328i so thats not the issue. I know some people on this board have gotten their '14 f30s already so its not like they are intentionally holding it. All the EPA stuff was done in late July.
Oh, for some reason in my head I saw 4 series. It could also be a lazy truck driver honestly. EPA also does random tests throughout, but that wouldn't be likely on a 3.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
Meeeotch's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: '14 F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
As gruesome of a topic as it is. They could be making repairs. Isn't that where they fix damage caused during transport?I hate to say it out loud but it could be reality... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue / Coral Red / manual

E92 335i M-Sport Apline White / Coral Red / manual
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeeotch View Post
As gruesome of a topic as it is. They could be making repairs. Isn't that where they fix damage caused during transport?I hate to say it out loud but it could be reality... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
Yea thats what I am thinking. Its not really a problem because it gets fixed either way but I just need to get some sort of update. I wonder how long these "fixes" take if something broke during shipment.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
Meeeotch's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: '14 F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeeotch View Post
As gruesome of a topic as it is. They could be making repairs. Isn't that where they fix damage caused during transport?I hate to say it out loud but it could be reality... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
Yea thats what I am thinking. Its not really a problem because it gets fixed either way but I just need to get some sort of update. I wonder how long these "fixes" take if something broke during shipment.
Perhaps they had to order parts from the factory??? Just thinking out loud. But I definitely agree you deserve an update! What's the dealership say?
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue / Coral Red / manual

E92 335i M-Sport Apline White / Coral Red / manual
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeeotch View Post
Perhaps they had to order parts from the factory??? Just thinking out loud. But I definitely agree you deserve an update! What's the dealership say?
So far the dealer hasn't responded at all actually. Will try again tomorrow and Wednesday to get a response.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #10
ERdiesel
Private First Class
3
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

This does raise the question that if the car is damaged during the boat ride across the Atlantic and they "fix" it at the VPC, is there an obligation to let the buyer know? I'm assuming for minor dings.....there would be no obligation to inform the buyer but at what point in terms of amount of damage would the buyer have to be told? Based on what I've read it sounds as if BMW could pretty much fix anything in their VPC facility but we all know if there is real significant damage to a car, than it'll never be the "same" as before.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
KaffineKiller
Captain
KaffineKiller's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 535I XDRIVE
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Union, NJ

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2013 F10 535  [0.00]
2014 BMW F30 335i  [0.00]
2008 335i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925 View Post
So far the dealer hasn't responded at all actually. Will try again tomorrow and Wednesday to get a response.
WE WERE ON THE SAME BOAT!!! I was trying to find someone else. I am sitting at the port as well. Waiting on some news....
__________________
2013 535ix
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffineKiller View Post
WE WERE ON THE SAME BOAT!!! I was trying to find someone else. I am sitting at the port as well. Waiting on some news....
Haha cool. I think I was on the Don Juan, not sure though.

@ErDiesel To be honest, I don't really care if the car got some dings or a fender got bent in, as long as I get my car at 100%!

Anyway I got an update from my CA today. He said that the car was released to a shipping carrier and that I can pick it up within a few days.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
ERdiesel
Private First Class
3
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925 View Post
Haha cool. I think I was on the Don Juan, not sure though.

@ErDiesel To be honest, I don't really care if the car got some dings or a fender got bent in, as long as I get my car at 100%!

Anyway I got an update from my CA today. He said that the car was released to a shipping carrier and that I can pick it up within a few days.

Awesome that you'll be getting your car before the weekend!!!

My 2014 335 just arrived at the port and now my turn to wait to see how long it takes them to complete the "finishing touches" and get it to my local dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Update: My car arrived at the dealer today. Dealer is doing some of its own "finishing touches" and I will pick it up Saturday!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
ERdiesel
Private First Class
3
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman925 View Post
Update: My car arrived at the dealer today. Dealer is doing some of its own "finishing touches" and I will pick it up Saturday!!!

Nice!!! So from the time the boat docked at the port of ny/nj to the time it arrived at the dealer, how many days was it? a full week?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdiesel View Post
Nice!!! So from the time the boat docked at the port of ny/nj to the time it arrived at the dealer, how many days was it? a full week?
It would be about 2 weeks. Came into port around 28/29 of Aug.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #17
Bman925
Private
2
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdiesel View Post
Nice!!! So from the time the boat docked at the port of ny/nj to the time it arrived at the dealer, how many days was it? a full week?
Update, car came in on Thurs. I saw it today but couldn't take it (slight issue with insurance). Will pick it up on Monday.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST