F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Footrest/dead pedal cleaning
Studio RSR

10-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
hbrakes
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi

Footrest/dead pedal cleaning

Has anyone run into a difficult to clean footrest/dead pedal before? I have the M performance one, which appears to be stainless steel, and its got brown splotches all over it. I've tried stainless polish and vinegar (separately) and neither touched the staining.

I'm considering removing it to 'attack' it a little more aggressively since it isn't exactly cheap to replace. Anybody run into this?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Try wheel cleaner. On a related topic the vinyl storm door on my house was really dirty. I tried cleaning it with every product I had under the kitchen sink, no dice. I tried paint thinner and mineral spirits, no good. Then I tried some Chemical Guys CLD_107 Premium Blue Wheel and Rim Cleaner and Degreaser straight from the bottle and it came clean in seconds.
Appreciate 0