F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple CarPlay Retrofit - Done! (Update:16/11/18...now also with full screen function)
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #67
Ian83w
Private First Class
United Kingdom
55
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: F32 440i lci
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Middlesbrough uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Works with NBT EVO ID5 or ID6
Do u remember if your WiFi antenna was burgundy and were it was placed behind the head unit thanks ian
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #68
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
673
Rep
2,577
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian83w View Post
Do u remember if your WiFi antenna was burgundy and were it was placed behind the head unit thanks ian
@wibbles
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 03:39 PM   #69
Ian83w
Private First Class
United Kingdom
55
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: F32 440i lci
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Middlesbrough uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
@wibbles
Yeah Craig Iíve spoken to him a few times over on babybmw heís a top fella cheers shall have a word with him. Thanks Ian
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #70
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
673
Rep
2,577
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian83w View Post
Yeah Craig Iíve spoken to him a few times over on babybmw heís a top fella cheers shall have a word with him. Thanks Ian
Iíve told him to look at the thread!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #71
wibbles
Captain
United Kingdom
147
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: M135i AT LCI
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

The connector is a burgundy colour - "Wi-Fi" is actually stamped into the metal of the EVO unit under the connector.
__________________
Current: F21 M135i
Previous:
2015 F31 330dX, 2011 F20 120d SE , E90 335i, 2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT, 2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!, 2010 F10 530d SE, 1986 E30 318i,1981 E21 320i Auto
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #72
Ian83w
Private First Class
United Kingdom
55
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: F32 440i lci
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Middlesbrough uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
The connector is a burgundy colour - "Wi-Fi" is actually stamped into the metal of the EVO unit under the connector.
Sound cheers Craig were do u mount the antenna just in void behind the hu or is there a specific place if u donít mind telling me that is thanks ian
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 01:13 AM   #73
wibbles
Captain
United Kingdom
147
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: M135i AT LCI
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian83w View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
The connector is a burgundy colour - "Wi-Fi" is actually stamped into the metal of the EVO unit under the connector.
Sound cheers Craig were do u mount the antenna just in void behind the hu or is there a specific place if u don’t mind telling me that is thanks ian
usually I thread the antenna out into the passenger footwell then back up into the centre console near the idrive controller
__________________
Current: F21 M135i
Previous:
2015 F31 330dX, 2011 F20 120d SE , E90 335i, 2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT, 2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!, 2010 F10 530d SE, 1986 E30 318i,1981 E21 320i Auto
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #74
Ian83w
Private First Class
United Kingdom
55
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: F32 440i lci
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Middlesbrough uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
usually I thread the antenna out into the passenger footwell then back up into the centre console near the idrive controller
Ok thanks mate appreciate it 👍
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 06:48 AM   #75
simnew
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
276
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i GranCoupe MSport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

If you specify CarPlay on a new car, does it have that antenna for the head unit added already ?

Originally I was going to add it to my car at a later date from the connected drive store but it sounds like there could be a risk that because I haven’t specified enhanced Bluetooth that I may not gets the antenna.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #76
vp
Second Lieutenant
49
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: MY18 430GC
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simnew View Post
If you specify CarPlay on a new car, does it have that antenna for the head unit added already ?

Originally I was going to add it to my car at a later date from the connected drive store but it sounds like there could be a risk that because I haven’t specified enhanced Bluetooth that I may not gets the antenna.
If you order without CarPlay then it will not have the antenna. Retrofit ends up being more expensive and a pain than ordering it with 6CP
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #77
Ian83w
Private First Class
United Kingdom
55
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: F32 440i lci
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Middlesbrough uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
If you order without CarPlay then it will not have the antenna. Retrofit ends up being more expensive and a pain than ordering it with 6CP
I thought it wouldnít work out more expensive as the antenna isnít much and easy to install. Then just a matter of abit of coding and a fsc code required. if anything I thought it would be cheaper. Unless Iím missing something.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #78
vp
Second Lieutenant
49
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: MY18 430GC
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian83w View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
If you order without CarPlay then it will not have the antenna. Retrofit ends up being more expensive and a pain than ordering it with 6CP
I thought it wouldn’t work out more expensive as the antenna isn’t much and easy to install. Then just a matter of abit of coding and a fsc code required. if anything I thought it would be cheaper. Unless I’m missing something.
FSC codes cost as much as ordering it during build.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #79
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
673
Rep
2,577
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
FSC codes cost as much as ordering it during build.
FSC codes are around £100 via eBay. Antenna is under £20.

Then you need to pay for Coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 05:41 AM   #80
Brobbo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
22
Rep
193
Posts

Drives: 320D M sport plus
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Essex, uk

iTrader: (0)

So Iím going to get the codes from the guy on the bay. So before I load the custom FSC CODES is there a way of backing up my existing fsc pack?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 10:32 PM   #81
DocBlackhawk
3 Time Iraq and Afghanistan Vet
DocBlackhawk's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I was previously unable to purchase CarPlay. Picked it up from connected drive today when I noticed it had populated as an option (Bought car July 2017, Manufactured Sep 16). It runs horribly slow. Figure it might benefit from the antenna. Anyone else find it slow without the antenna or is this how CarPlay always behaves?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 01:26 AM   #82
vorphlack
Banned
15
Rep
73
Posts

Drives: f30
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobbo View Post
So Iím going to get the codes from the guy on the bay. So before I load the custom FSC CODES is there a way of backing up my existing fsc pack?
Normally I create required FSC without touching existing codes from factory.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #83
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
Wagstafari's Avatar
United Kingdom
123
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F30 335d Xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Portsmouth

iTrader: (0)

Hi All,

Very keen on this too.

Can anyone confirm where ID6 software can be obtained? And if anyone has upgraded them selves?

Currently running ID5 in my 2017 F36 with NBT EVO.

Wanna enable Android screen mirroring but also car play for the wife's iPhone.

I know Simon from Bavarian is the man to go to locally, and I prob will, but just curious on the above regardless.

Cheers.

Wag

__________________
F36 440i GC with a lot of bling
Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #84
wibbles
Captain
United Kingdom
147
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: M135i AT LCI
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlackhawk View Post
I was previously unable to purchase CarPlay. Picked it up from connected drive today when I noticed it had populated as an option (Bought car July 2017, Manufactured Sep 16). It runs horribly slow. Figure it might benefit from the antenna. Anyone else find it slow without the antenna or is this how CarPlay always behaves?
Carplay will be laggy without the antenna.
__________________
Current: F21 M135i
Previous:
2015 F31 330dX, 2011 F20 120d SE , E90 335i, 2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT, 2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!, 2010 F10 530d SE, 1986 E30 318i,1981 E21 320i Auto
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #85
DocBlackhawk
3 Time Iraq and Afghanistan Vet
DocBlackhawk's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
Carplay will be laggy without the antenna.
Thanks. Got the cable in and it runs flawlessly.
Appreciate 1
wibbles147.00

      04-08-2018, 03:32 AM   #86
wayneallwine
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sports Edition Shadow
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Japan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
usually I thread the antenna out into the passenger footwell then back up into the centre console near the idrive controller
Hi , I have just installed CarPlay retrofit on my F30 (ALPINE Headunit) .
I need WiFi antenna (Repair lead, WLAN cable aerial Part number: 61119372321) to make my CarPlay usable.
I am going to buy this genuine parts, and try to find someone to install on my F30.
I understand HeadUnit rear connector (#8) is for WiFi antenna. And it should be routed to the passenger footwell and goes back to head unit position?
I would need to understand it with some picture or drawings...
Would you help?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #87
wibbles
Captain
United Kingdom
147
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: M135i AT LCI
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneallwine View Post
Hi , I have just installed CarPlay retrofit on my F30 (ALPINE Headunit) .
I need WiFi antenna (Repair lead, WLAN cable aerial Part number: 61119372321) to make my CarPlay usable.
I am going to buy this genuine parts, and try to find someone to install on my F30.
I understand HeadUnit rear connector (#8) is for WiFi antenna. And it should be routed to the passenger footwell and goes back to head unit position?
I would need to understand it with some picture or drawings...
Would you help?
There is no need to route into the footwell, route it into the centre console under the idrive controller.
__________________
Current: F21 M135i
Previous:
2015 F31 330dX, 2011 F20 120d SE , E90 335i, 2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT, 2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!, 2010 F10 530d SE, 1986 E30 318i,1981 E21 320i Auto
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #88
wibbles
Captain
United Kingdom
147
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: M135i AT LCI
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagstafari View Post
Hi All,

Very keen on this too.

Can anyone confirm where ID6 software can be obtained? And if anyone has upgraded them selves?

Currently running ID5 in my 2017 F36 with NBT EVO.

Wanna enable Android screen mirroring but also car play for the wife's iPhone.

I know Simon from Bavarian is the man to go to locally, and I prob will, but just curious on the above regardless.

Cheers.

Wag

ID6 is just a coding option, no doubt Simon/Vorphlack can tell you that.
__________________
Current: F21 M135i
Previous:
2015 F31 330dX, 2011 F20 120d SE , E90 335i, 2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT, 2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!, 2010 F10 530d SE, 1986 E30 318i,1981 E21 320i Auto
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST