F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Thoughts from those who have gone to an M140i...
ARMA SPEED

01-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #45
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
The m140i is targeted just as much by thieves as the golf R. There are just less of them around. Check out the number of threads on babybmw where cars have been stolen. The probability of either getting stolen is low but the risk is there with both. They are both nicked off driveways by breaking in and getting the keys. How are they going to steal it from the station when you have the keys?
Personal experience is that thieves much prefer the Golf R. With four wheel drive it's easier for them to drive hard and fast, don't need to worry about the rear end coming out.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #46
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
The m140i is targeted just as much by thieves as the golf R. There are just less of them around. Check out the number of threads on babybmw where cars have been stolen. The probability of either getting stolen is low but the risk is there with both. They are both nicked off driveways by breaking in and getting the keys. How are they going to steal it from the station when you have the keys?
Personal experience is that thieves much prefer the Golf R. With four wheel drive it's easier for them to drive hard and fast, don't need to worry about the rear end coming out.
A neighbour a couple of streets away had an R nicked within 5 months of buying it
Police reckon it was done on a flat bed truck as they didn't have the keys. No one saw or heard anything, which is nuts. Good advert for the benefits of getting home CCTV
I've always fancied an R but don't think they're worth the potential hassle