F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Buying AUC from dealer
European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #23
MistaWest
Car Enthusiast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport+

I didn't get any knocked off my car but then I was trading in my Focus ST and they offered me more than any other dealer without much hassle, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts.
Appreciate 1
Pequin35.00

01-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #24
2CRO4TV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 328i M Sport + MPE

Got about £1.8k off mine and they upped my part exchange price by about £800 so ended up with a cracking deal on mine. It had been registered for 15months but only done 4K miles but has the service pack and most options going.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:26 AM   #25
RENT-A-GOAT
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
I have had 2 AUCs first was a E91 from coopers in Colchester. I live 150miles away and had a 135k Passat B6 with a rusting tailgate and front wing to trade in. Over the phone prior to a deposit going down I negotiated £500 off the sticker price on the BM & top book trade in on the Passat as rest of it was in very good condition. On arrival for test drive & pick up if I was happy in Colchester I noticed a scratch in the front bumper of the BM so negotiated a full front bumper respray I then managed to squeeze a full tank of fuel in it to get home & they upped the trade in by £200 as goodwill for the extra journey there and back to get the bumper resprayed all in all I did ok and got a very good reliable BM something that was needed after a stress filled money pit with the Passat.

The second was my F31 which I bought in October from Wollaston BMW Northampton from the outset they were difficult they didn't want to budge on price were insistent a deposit wasn't refundable (total BS they always are) but as It was a good spec & there was test drive booked in that afternoon with another customer I put £500 down agreed in writing (email) from AUC manager it would be returned if I didn't want it on seeing and driving it. I did test drive two other cars prior to this one at different dealers but really wanted to drive this one due to deposit, spec & MPPK from factory. Drive it liked it then had a couple of hours of real to the point of embarrassing hardball they wouldn't budge during which they had two enquiries on the phone for the same car really so they thought even more they had the upper hand. I did think I was stuffed but kept pushing as I had posted about it in here and feeling was it was too much for it at £22k. I again went back and forth with the AUC manager then eventually up the dealership tree when they caved, I did it I managed a last and final offer of a £1100 reduction in the price (part of it was off the sticker other was a bit more for the trade in) with inclusion of gap & wheel/tyre ins. This was bolstered with a subscription for the (middle) connected drive package, boot liner, clear bumper protection film to boot entry and bump up from one to two yrs of fully comp bmw warranty cover with no excess on second (negotiated year) which was negotiated in on sticker price between the deposit down & day of test drive.

I just stood my ground, pushed on the fact they had a 0% offer on the F30 due to the new model orders being taken and that the new touring would be hot on its heels as the F31 orders would be discounted the same and AUC prices would be coming down etc. that I had travelled (70miles) my E91 was totally mint with FBMWSH. That I was paying cash and would transfer it there and then in front of them before the date required (mid point) prior to pick up (1 week later) and if they didn't accept I would walk away and they could chance calling back the person they cancelled the test drive (who the sales guy said on my test drive was pissed off with them because of) with news it was off sale as it was deposited and the two they had just abruptly told it was being sold as they called about it as I was sat there. I did get half way to the door before I heard a go on then tho.

Car dealers are car dealers they play silly buggers you just have to play silly buggers with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:15 AM   #26
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

I looked at a car at stoneacre around 18 months ago. I would have bought it and offered them £1500 less than the sticker price, which was a fair price. Usual BS about they were already losing money on the car. I bought another but kept watching this out of interest. Two months later the price was less than I offered and it sold, or was moved on.

The moral being, if the car is desirable, they will hold out for top money. If itís bog standard, there is probably more chance of a discount IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 06:21 AM   #27
RENT-A-GOAT
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Also helps if you purchase in last couple of weeks of a month where they could be below margins and need to make up numbers. Think this may have factored into the deal I got with my recent one and the coming new models
Appreciate 1
Pequin35.00

01-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #28
Lincoln61
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 430d Msport+

Not much use now, but I always buy in December. The dealers always seem very accommodating!
Appreciate 0