F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #8735
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs30 View Post
Hi

Andream nbt04x bacup camera works only if carplay off. Automaticali not working. New soft 1.5.9
Any solution
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=8466
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #8736
maxs30
Registered
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 F16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltech View Post

Works. Thanks very much
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #8737
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
That UI is for the smaller screen, which the already have full screen Android auto. Will probably make it more desirable but it probably won't change too much.

We really could use a toggle for full screen maps for wide-screen, whether we get it, time will tell...Split screen should be used, only for phone calls and messages then revert back to full screen maps.
Agreed. Don't understand why split screen is active, even if only maps is used. One of life's great mysteries.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #8738
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d / 2021 330i

Exclamation

I just received and installed my Andream unit (I went with the touch screen option vs the box, and I'm glad I did because i had practically ZERO room behind my HU or slack with the cabling, my goodness...) but I've run into a snag - first day and a half, GREAT. Wireless CarPlay with my iPhone XS worked mostly seamlessly (USB worked just fine too but isn't my ideal setup so Wireless FTW) However it didn't connect after I ran to grab lunch, and since then I cannot get my phone to even see the BT or WiFi connection.

Fire up car -> screen loads > tap Wireless CarPlay > screen says no bluetooth devices connected and displays both the BT name and the WiFi credentials -> check for available BT connections on my phone -> nada enchilada. BT/WiFi connections on the screen don't appear on my phone. I 'forgot' the existing connections from my phone and removed the car from General > CarPlay but still no dice. CarPlay works over USB if I connect the phone and do it that way, but it won't let me register or connect for Wireless CarPlay. Any ideas??

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #8739
SwordER
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Here is new carlinkit versions:

9.5.10 for B1 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/VpwwALSI#9BNx3i...Rq4krAWaePgeqI
9.5.10 for B2 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/klhyyRBA#1coQ_3...Hw0ZfFnUrbZVLE

No change log of course) No newer MCU available.

UPD. It works on my carlinkit b1, they added youtube.

Upd2. Works much faster in Android Auto wireless mode.
Hi! Did you use ISPBOOT or GEMINI PACK from the first link? I used ISPBOOT and now unit doesn't boot anymore. Tried force flash with no result. Hardware is B1.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #8740
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Maybe try a different cable.
Unfortunately, no dice. My box might be going bad. I tried different MCU versions and even went back to the stock carlinkit software, but same behavior. The entire MMI screen just goes black and doesn't restart AA even if I replug. Need to hard restart the MMI unit to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:57 PM   #8741
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Maybe try a different cable.
Unfortunately, no dice. My box might be going bad. I tried different MCU versions and even went back to the stock carlinkit software, but same behavior. The entire MMI screen just goes black and doesn't restart AA even if I replug. Need to hard restart the MMI unit to fix it.
I read a post a while back stating that these units crap out after about 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #8742
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAnthony View Post
I just received and installed my Andream unit (I went with the touch screen option vs the box, and I'm glad I did because i had practically ZERO room behind my HU or slack with the cabling, my goodness...) but I've run into a snag - first day and a half, GREAT. Wireless CarPlay with my iPhone XS worked mostly seamlessly (USB worked just fine too but isn't my ideal setup so Wireless FTW) However it didn't connect after I ran to grab lunch, and since then I cannot get my phone to even see the BT or WiFi connection.

Fire up car -> screen loads > tap Wireless CarPlay > screen says no bluetooth devices connected and displays both the BT name and the WiFi credentials -> check for available BT connections on my phone -> nada enchilada. BT/WiFi connections on the screen don't appear on my phone. I 'forgot' the existing connections from my phone and removed the car from General > CarPlay but still no dice. CarPlay works over USB if I connect the phone and do it that way, but it won't let me register or connect for Wireless CarPlay. Any ideas??

Maybe the antenna wire on the box is disconnected?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 08:22 PM   #8743
carina77
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i (N55 engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordER View Post
Quote:

Hi! Did you use ISPBOOT or GEMINI PACK from the first link? I used ISPBOOT and now unit doesn't boot anymore. Tried force flash with no result. Hardware is B1.
Can anyone confirm if this latest update for CIC B2 version has the new youtube shortcut in this firmware update?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:59 PM   #8744
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I flashed the ispbooot.bin on my Carlinkit v1 unit with no issues. It works great so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:39 AM   #8745
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I read a post a while back stating that these units crap out after about 2 years.
Hm, maybe. I've only had mine since April 2020.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 03:11 AM   #8746
propeller65
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Hm, maybe. I've only had mine since April 2020.
Updated to NBT2 1.5.9 and all fine. Don't see any technical reason for these units to break after 2 years, strange story.
Read some messages about bad quality mmi-audio and bluetooth being better.
I have standard setup with 10 speakers and updated all speakers with HK. This was a huge improvement. Quality from Carplay and wired mmi is great. Mainly use RadioNet (Holland-app) streaming 320kb radio and hear 0 improvement over bluetooth. Have little extra on the mmi-equalizer and flat from BMW sound setting.
Thing i agree is slow charging, i'm using an iPhone 12 mini, wired and when i start with full battery it just keeps up. For the rest it's great value for money.
Don't understand all these people try wrong software updates and brick the mmi unit. First page is very clear and until now each, by Firefly checked, update is an improvement.

Last edited by propeller65; 09-18-2021 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:35 AM   #8747
Matusov
Matusov
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G07

Haven't been following for a while as my Carlinkit has been running great on my X5 with the custom firmware.

Can anyone comment on benefits to updating to the latest Carlinkit firmware and mcu over custom version?

thanks in advance!⁶
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #8748
SwordER
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Quote:
I flashed the ispbooot.bin on my Carlinkit v1 unit with no issues. It works great so far.
What was the time gap between device rebooted and update screen appeared? So mine rebooted and stayed on the black screen for 5-10 minutes. Due to nothing changed I tried to force flash, but the same story. Even I tried to downgrade to the 9.2.20 and custom, but still the same story. Black screen...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #8749
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What was the time gap between device rebooted and update screen appeared? So mine rebooted and stayed on the black screen for 5-10 minutes. Due to nothing changed I tried to force flash, but the same story. Even I tried to downgrade to the 9.2.20 and custom, but still the same story. Black screen...
About 30 secs I think. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #8750
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
Haven't been following for a while as my Carlinkit has been running great on my X5 with the custom firmware.

Can anyone comment on benefits to updating to the latest Carlinkit firmware and mcu over custom version?

thanks in advance!⁶
There are a few extra settings options in the Carlinkit software and the ability to play YouTube. Also likely updated wifi and bluetooth drivers. But if the custom version works well for you the above may not be reason enough to flash the new software.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #8751
Ma_rtas
Registered
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: '13 F31 320ed Luxury Line

Does anyone know how to figure out the model number of my MMI?

I use AA and the view is still pretty stretched on my 8.8in NBT screen, even though toggle switches are set correctly.
I'd like to flash the MMI with the more recent software that fixes the stretch issue, however I'm aware that flashing it with wrong SW file might brick the unit.

I bought this unit second hand and unfortunately the seller does not have any information as to what the model number is.

Here's all the information I have:

Sticker on the MMI itself: 1904-NBT-LC

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: B_V1.0.3
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0
HW Version: BMW_NBT

Any help will be highly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #8752
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma_rtas View Post
Does anyone know how to figure out the model number of my MMI?

I use AA and the view is still pretty stretched on my 8.8in NBT screen, even though toggle switches are set correctly.
I'd like to flash the MMI with the more recent software that fixes the stretch issue, however I'm aware that flashing it with wrong SW file might brick the unit.

I bought this unit second hand and unfortunately the seller does not have any information as to what the model number is.

Here's all the information I have:

Sticker on the MMI itself: 1904-NBT-LC

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: B_V1.0.3
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0
HW Version: BMW_NBT

Any help will be highly appreciated!
You have an Andream B version. The latest sw from page 1 is B_V1.5.9.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #8753
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Quote:
I've uploaded both files and give carlinkit possibility to choose, so I'm not sure which one, but works flawlessly and much faster than 9.2.20 for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #8754
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
There are a few extra settings options in the Carlinkit software and the ability to play YouTube. Also likely updated wifi and bluetooth drivers. But if the custom version works well for you the above may not be reason enough to flash the new software.
Lacks automatic aux switching and automatic view switching though, which is really annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #8755
jmalm32
Rep
Drives: BMW 330XD e90

Which version do you recommend for a CIC E90 with wireless AA?

What is the sound quality? I have an Android screen and the sound quality is very bad, I had to put an external sound card to improve the sound.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #8756
Matusov
Matusov
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G07

Quote:
Quote:

thanks in advance!⁶
Quote:
Quote:

thanks in advance!⁶

it's been great. I think I'll stick to it.

thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0