F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Recommendation for lowering spring installer near St louis MO
GetBMWParts

04-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I need help for installing lower spring in my 2014 BMW 335xi, any recommendation for lowering spring installer near (St Louis MO, 63011) plus what is best option for lowering springs 335xi?

Its M sports suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12345 View Post
I need help for installing lower spring in my 2014 BMW 335xi, any recommendation for lowering spring installer near (St Louis MO, 63011) plus what is best option for lowering springs 335xi?
Too broad a question. Search your local European or BMW shops for prices, but you first have to choose springs. My guess is to have someone else perform the task to install springs and perform alignment will cost you around $600-$700 for labor only.

As for what lowering springs to run??? Read some more of the posts. You have xDrive, the ride height is already 20 MM higher than the RWD Sport or M-Sport version. Do you have Adaptive suspension? If not, you should change shocks.

If you are looking to lower to the RWD height, I would use the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. These will lower 0.8" front and 0.5" rear, almost the RWD height with slightly stiffer ride. If you are going to lower more than 1.5" drop, you will require new bump stops, adjustable end links for front and rear so your costs start to go up quite a bit for both parts and installation. Also, most of these lowering springs are extremely stiff as these are made for track and can be harsh for a daily driver.

The best route if you follow the posts are full coil over sets and these are ranging $1,800 and up before install costs.

To provide a proper answer requires better information of your type of driving, why you want to go low, etc. Me? I wanted on my xDrive daily driver was to lower to RWD height to close the wheel gap without a harsh ride, so I picked the Eibach's. I will be installing in few weeks as things get warmer.

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
Stlblues
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Have you tried calling BimmersRus?
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #4
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Quote:
Too broad a question. Search your local European or BMW shops for prices, but you first have to choose springs. My guess is to have someone else perform the task to install springs and perform alignment will cost you around $600-$700 for labor only.

As for what lowering springs to run??? Read some more of the posts. You have xDrive, the ride height is already 20 MM higher than the RWD Sport or M-Sport version. Do you have Adaptive suspension? If not, you should change shocks.

If you are looking to lower to the RWD height, I would use the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. These will lower 0.8" front and 0.5" rear, almost the RWD height with slightly stiffer ride. If you are going to lower more than 1.5" drop, you will require new bump stops, adjustable end links for front and rear so your costs start to go up quite a bit for both parts and installation. Also, most of these lowering springs are extremely stiff as these are made for track and can be harsh for a daily driver.

The best route if you follow the posts are full coil over sets and these are ranging $1,800 and up before install costs.

To provide a proper answer requires better information of your type of driving, why you want to go low, etc. Me? I wanted on my xDrive daily driver was to lower to RWD height to close the wheel gap without a harsh ride, so I picked the Eibach's. I will be installing in few weeks as things get warmer.
I have M sports 335xi, so my guess I have adaptive suspension. I believe in forum like bimmerpost all you guys give their best suggestion instead of going to installer and what ever he will say I have to trust him. I am looking for look plus handling in low busget like under $1000. As we know 2 inch gap bw wheel and body is too much. Its my daily driving, not for track. Plus driving during curvy road feel more softer than sports line. May be because of adaptive suspension not sure. I have installed eibach spring in my 2015 Camry xse v6, love the ride but bmw is different animal
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #5
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlblues View Post
Quote:
Have you tried calling BimmersRus?
No, I just moved here, not sure about that shop. I am thinking to pull trigger once summer will be here for lowering my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have M sports 335xi, so my guess I have adaptive suspension. I believe in forum like bimmerpost all you guys give their best suggestion instead of going to installer and what ever he will say I have to trust him. I am looking for look plus handling in low busget like under $1000. As we know 2 inch gap bw wheel and body is too much. Its my daily driving, not for track. Plus driving during curvy road feel more softer than sports line. May be because of adaptive suspension not sure. I have installed eibach spring in my 2015 Camry xse v6, love the ride but bmw is different animal
FYI- M Sport just refers to the exterior aerodynamic package. Enter your VIN into mdecoder website and review the line items of your car's factory build. If you have Adaptive shocks then you will have a line item for it. Adaptive is also called EDC.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:41 PM   #7
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FYI- M Sport just refers to the exterior aerodynamic package. Enter your VIN into mdecoder website and review the line items of your car's factory build. If you have Adaptive shocks then you will have a line item for it. Adaptive is also called EDC.
Check BimmerShops website for local independent BMW mechanics.
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #8
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Sport

So your local BMW Car Club of America has a pretty decent-sized St Louis chapter.
They are on facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/STLBMWCLUB/

I suggest your CCA chapter because chances are, a number of members also own shops, which tend to be track oriented and know their stuff.

Plus if you are a CCA member, dealer/indy shops will offer 10%-15% off labor/parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
You seem to be looking for the same thing I was looking for:
  • Closing the excessive wheel gap above the wheels
  • Eliminate some of the softness associated with the xDrive springs
  • Less body lean into corners but no plans for use on Track
  • Budget under $1,000

I am not affiliated with any automotive or aftermarket company. I ordered the Eibach springs for the following reasons:
  • Lowers vehicle close to 704 Sport RWD specs - 0.8" front/0.6" Rear Drop, this will close the gap without looking modified
  • The Eibachs are claimed to be 10% stiffer than stock, some aftermarket are 30-50% stiffer, I did not want harsh
  • The lower center of gravity and slight 10% added spring stiffness will reduce body roll
  • Springs are on sale (10% off) for $261 and with a $700 install and alignment puts you under $1K (NOTE: Eibach says you can use same shocks, yet, if you have some miles, I would recommend changing shocks)

Here is the link to the Eibach springs for your 2014 BMW 335i xDrive:
PRO-KIT Performance Springs (Set of 4 Springs)
BMW 335i xDrive Sedan AWD F30

By the way, congratulations on the BMW purchase. I owned a 2014 335i and it was arguably the best vehicle I ever owned (My new one is only 6 months, too soon to tell). How many miles do you have on the vehicle? What options and colors did you get? Check out the other information in the Forums, it will provide tremendous support for your vehicle.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #10
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You seem to be looking for the same thing I was looking for:
  • Closing the excessive wheel gap above the wheels
  • Eliminate some of the softness associated with the xDrive springs
  • Less body lean into corners but no plans for use on Track
  • Budget under $1,000

I am not affiliated with any automotive or aftermarket company. I ordered the Eibach springs for the following reasons:
  • Lowers vehicle close to 704 Sport RWD specs - 0.8" front/0.6" Rear Drop, this will close the gap without looking modified
  • The Eibachs are claimed to be 10% stiffer than stock, some aftermarket are 30-50% stiffer, I did not want harsh
  • The lower center of gravity and slight 10% added spring stiffness will reduce body roll
  • Springs are on sale (10% off) for $261 and with a $700 install and alignment puts you under $1K (NOTE: Eibach says you can use same shocks, yet, if you have some miles, I would recommend changing shocks)

Here is the link to the Eibach springs for your 2014 BMW 335i xDrive:
PRO-KIT Performance Springs (Set of 4 Springs)
BMW 335i xDrive Sedan AWD F30

By the way, congratulations on the BMW purchase. I owned a 2014 335i and it was arguably the best vehicle I ever owned (My new one is only 6 months, too soon to tell). How many miles do you have on the vehicle? What options and colors did you get? Check out the other information in the Forums, it will provide tremendous support for your vehicle.
Thanks for plenty of information. I bought in 2017, it was cpo low mileage 15k silver 335xi, it has been 3years to own it, after expiring my warranty, time to modify it. I love to modify, and doing it since day 1 for esthetic appearance. So far 41k miles on it. Last week upgraded my hk to stage 1 bavsound system. But since day one my dream was to lower my car.
New 440xi are beast with b58 engine, did you tune it or stock?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
kpgray333.00
      04-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #11
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for plenty of information. I bought in 2017, it was cpo low mileage 15k silver 335xi, it has been 3years to own it, after expiring my warranty, time to modify it. I love to modify, and doing it since day 1 for esthetic appearance. So far 41k miles on it. Last week upgraded my hk to stage 1 bavsound system. But since day one my dream was to lower my car.
New 440xi are beast with b58 engine, did you tune it or stock?
Very nice, just broke in at 41K miles! I do like the Glacier Silver/Black, classic color. I see the Carbon Fiber interior pieces, nice.

Presently, I have no engine mods on my car as I am still under warranty. Yet, I will be installing the springs when weather breaks. I purchased G2 Ceramic paint for calipers and I will perform at same time as springs. Exterior wise I have the IND colored reflectors front and rear, IND Gloss Black badge on rear trunk and Xpel 35 Ceramic Window Tinting. Just purchased the OEM Sport Gloss Black Exhaust Tips from getBMWparts.com. Lastly, I have the OEM 405M 20" Staggered Wheels. Interior wise have a Pro-Clip mount and looking for a seat cover to keep my leather in good condition.

If the country opens back up, we were going to be RVing the Great River Road in July and end up in Hannibal, MO few mile north of you.

Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-18-2020, 04:59 PM   #12
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Very nice, just broke in at 41K miles! I do like the Glacier Silver/Black, classic color. I see the Carbon Fiber interior pieces, nice.

Presently, I have no engine mods on my car as I am still under warranty. Yet, I will be installing the springs when weather breaks. I purchased G2 Ceramic paint for calipers and I will perform at same time as springs. Exterior wise I have the IND colored reflectors front and rear, IND Gloss Black badge on rear trunk and Xpel 35 Ceramic Window Tinting. Just purchased the OEM Sport Gloss Black Exhaust Tips from getBMWparts.com. Lastly, I have the OEM 405M 20" Staggered Wheels. Interior wise have a Pro-Clip mount and looking for a seat cover to keep my leather in good condition.

If the country opens back up, we were going to be RVing the Great River Road in July and end up in Hannibal, MO few mile north of you.
Impressive, You are buying from authentic sellers. pro clip look amazing, ceramic coat is perfect thing to protect the paint in longterm, easy to clean. I wish I did it in when bought the car. gloss black make your car in different level.

Initially I installed carbon fiber stuff on exterior because there wasn't any gloss black exterior parts were available online. but in silver it doesn't match compare to gloss black in my opinion plus its very expensive if you change everything.
So I replaced all my exterior carbon fiber to gloss black in my quarantine time, including side mirror cover, rear spoiler, front M style kidney, wrap the roof in black. car already came with gloss black door trims so its is matching. I am also looking for 4" gloss black muffler tips and side skirts but everything is carbon fiber, I can't find it. For interior I don't use any chemical stuff since day one, i like the matte finish (new car look of leather). I also installed suede cover on my steering. picture attached
after my cpo warranty ended I installed BootMod3 stage1, and its like mind blowing. no need to worry about engine issue, its smooth and reliable as long as in stage 1. as far as I know.
Yes definitely I love to meet and learn from BMW owners like you who guide us regarding modification. Hannibal is beautiful small town, 99miles away from me. love to see BMW lover.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5886.00
      04-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #13
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

A12345, thanks for sharing. Red start stop button is a nice touch. Should have been a standard OEM feature - hindsight being 20/20.
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #14
Astone22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320 xdrive, f32 428

Go to kinetic motors they are great!
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #15
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
...Initially I installed carbon fiber stuff on exterior because there wasn't any gloss black exterior parts were available online. but in silver it doesn't match compare to gloss black in my opinion plus its very expensive if you change everything.
So I replaced all my exterior carbon fiber to gloss black in my quarantine time, including side mirror cover, rear spoiler, front M style kidney, wrap the roof in black. car already came with gloss black door trims so its is matching. I am also looking for 4" gloss black muffler tips and side skirts but everything is carbon fiber, I can't find it. For interior I don't use any chemical stuff since day one, i like the matte finish (new car look of leather). I also installed suede cover on my steering. picture attached
after my cpo warranty ended I installed BootMod3 stage1, and its like mind blowing. no need to worry about engine issue, its smooth and reliable as long as in stage 1. as far as I know...
You can list your Carbon Fiber Pieces on the Forum For Sale section...
I agree on the exterior Carbon Fiber, I like the Gloss and Matt Black better in some colors, your Glacier Silver and my Smoke Topaz as samples. On Sapphire Black the Carbon Fiber looks fabulous as it is just enough offset in the color to give it that pop. That being said, I find the Carbon Fiber in some components a nice touch if not overdone. I had the MPPK & MPE on my 2014 335i, loved it but was too loud on start up in the morning (I live in quiet neighborhood, leave for work at 5:45 AM and it always woke the Wife up) and although I did love it for the burbles and performance, I do not plan on MPPSK with exhaust although I may add a downpipe and tune when warranty is up, still trying to figure out the decibel increase expected from installation of downpipe. In the meantime, I bought the OEM Sport Black Chrome Tips (80 MM width (3-1/4"))from getBMWparts.com: F2x 2 Series, F3x 3 & 4 Series Black Chrome Exhaust Tips - BMW (18-30-7-610-633). Still waiting for the delivery this week. I did look at the tips at ECS Tuning, I liked the ECS Swivel Exhaust Tip - 4.0" Black Chrome. they have several choices, one (pictured below) has their name on it but they do have some un-badged tips also:

Name:  BMW Exhaust Tips.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  131.3 KB

Last edited by kpgray; 04-19-2020 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-20-2020, 01:40 AM   #16
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

welcome to st louis. where abouts in the city are you?
in no order
cooper auto works in edwardsville would work
kinetic motors in st louis
or
Bradley Motor Werke

eta, the stl bmw cca sucks!
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2020, 03:06 AM   #17
A12345
Az
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
in no order
or
Bradley Motor Werke

Thank you, I live in ballwin area near Clayton Rd. There is shop called Bavarian west near my house. Will you recommend it? Plus any good tint shop? I had installed my tint when I was in IOWA, after 2years last week, I took out tint coz they have changed the color to purple.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:52 AM   #18
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, I live in ballwin area near Clayton Rd. There is shop called Bavarian west near my house. Will you recommend it? Plus any good tint shop? I had installed my tint when I was in IOWA, after 2years last week, I took out tint coz they have changed the color to purple.
If the tint turned purple, it was a cheap base tint. I used xPel Prime XR with nano-ceramic construction. It claims 88% UV protection and has a good neutral tint color. Find a good ceramic tint.

Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-20-2020, 09:12 AM   #19
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
in no order
or
Bradley Motor Werke

I have never heard of Bavarian west. The first two shops I posted have race cars, 1) rally e30 and the other scca e36 m3. and Bradley had done a lot of work on my friends super charged e46 m3.

Make sure you join St. Louis BMW Owner and Cars and Coffee St. Louis Group on facebook.
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #20
Stlblues
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
in no order
or
Bradley Motor Werke

Have you had work done at either place? How is the quality and price?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #21
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlblues View Post
Quote:
in no order
or
Bradley Motor Werke

Have you had work done at either place? How is the quality and price?
nice user name!!!

I haven't cooper will be doing my tires when this covid passes, but their rally car is spot in, a good build and looks nice.

kinetic scca e36 m3 is really nice too, I did a track day with him at gateway and he was one of the fastest cars around.

my buddies e46 m3 is sick, about 500rwhp.
Appreciate 1
A123459.50
      04-22-2020, 11:55 PM   #22
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmotorsllc/

they just put some H&Rs on a x6
Appreciate 0