F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
proTUNING Freaks

03-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #1607
joonhere
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
@joonhere are you in the US? As in is your car Left Hand drive?

Also are you saying the right head light (right from the perspective of sitting in the car) will turn right but not far enough? Also how much is it moving? Maybe take some pictures of the light in the different adjusted positions you're talking about.

When I pointed my right light (passenger side light in a US-Left Hand drive car) too far left it ran out of thread and the little carrier inside that runs in a track came out and got stuck. I had to do a lot of fiddling to get it back on track and for the rotating thread that moves the carrier to bite again.

The same can be done on the other side light too but in vice versa. If you point the left side (driver side light in US - Left Hand drive car) too far right it will run out of thread and come off its Track.

If you can turn the right/passenger side light left and right and then as far right and can still turn it to the left, then it doesnt sound like you had the problem I had.

There is a YouTube video on adjusting them, there was reference to moving the lights up or down to get more space to turn left or right. Maybe try that.
Thank you very much. Yes, Im in US. It seems very weird because it moves to the left but not to the right after the certain point. I am not sure how far I can adjust to the left, but I'm scared that I might damage it...

When I try to rotate the adjusting screw so that the light moves to the right, it almosy seems like I can rotate it forever..It wont stop like other adjusting screws. Again its weird that its goes to the left but not to the right..ugh
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #1608
rp2pilot
Rep
Drives: 2015 328 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xscv4s View Post
How much did they charged you for installation? Also, where is it? I live in NJ and I'm thinking of using that shop too.
You might also talk to the guys at OneEighty in Brooklyn .. they installed my BiXenons / Angel Eyes in a few hours and did a fantastic job.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #1609
JustTheNorm
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive

From an employee at TRS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #1610
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheNorm View Post
From an employee at TRS.
I referenced my bulbs from Retro Solutions, not TRS.

http://www.retro-solutions.com/
http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ct/prod_id=664

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #1611
JustTheNorm
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
From an employee at TRS.
I referenced my bulbs from Retro Solutions, not TRS.

http://www.retro-solutions.com/
http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ct/prod_id=664
Oh okay. My mistake.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #1612
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oh okay. My mistake.
All good, they are close in names. They advertise the same temps as our stock halogen bulbs. I guess time will tell! They have been great so far. Light up the road so well!

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #1613
joonhere
Rep

Quote:

Also are you saying the right head light (right from the perspective of sitting in the car) will turn right but not far enough? Also how much is it moving? Maybe take some pictures of the light in the different adjusted positions you're talking about.

When I pointed my right light (passenger side light in a US-Left Hand drive car) too far left it ran out of thread and the little carrier inside that runs in a track came out and got stuck. I had to do a lot of fiddling to get it back on track and for the rotating thread that moves the carrier to bite again.

The same can be done on the other side light too but in vice versa. If you point the left side (driver side light in US - Left Hand drive car) too far right it will run out of thread and come off its Track.

If you can turn the right/passenger side light left and right and then as far right and can still turn it to the left, then it doesnt sound like you had the problem I had.

There is a YouTube video on adjusting them, there was reference to moving the lights up or down to get more space to turn left or right. Maybe try that.
@stubok how did you get the track and the adjuster to bite again?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #1614
joonhere
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonhere View Post
@stubok how did you get the track and the adjuster to bite again?
i took a picture of the housing..is my rail off the guide?? The rail is supposed to be placed in that hole?

http://imgur.com/LbdxRdI
http://imgur.com/qiCYduv
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #1615
Smithyboy
Rep
Drives: F30

Anything Similar

These are out of stock is there anything that's similar or the same (different brand) that i can buy?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #1616
Kenneth04
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithyboy View Post
These are out of stock is there anything that's similar or the same (different brand) that i can buy?
I was looking at others but they just don’t look close enough to factory, to me. So I assume not (if you’re talking about the DEPOs). I’m going to wait for them to restock. I just hope it isn’t long until they do. I hate the halogens. They look so ugly. On top of that, the ugly yellow drls.

Last edited by Kenneth04; 03-19-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #1617
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Just had my Depos installed. Went with 4K bulbs for now. Love the additional lighting the projectors give off, especially high beam.
Attached Images

03-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #1618
Smithyboy
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
Just had my Depos installed. Went with 4K bulbs for now. Love the additional lighting the projectors give off, especially high beam.
What bulbs did you use? I'm thinking of LED's or the Phillips xtreme vision or sylvania xtravision but yours look great man.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #1619
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
What bulbs did you use? I'm thinking of LED's or the Phillips xtreme vision or sylvania xtravision but yours look great man.
Thanks, I went with Crystal vision Extreme 4K. I wanted the Diamond Whites but ordered H11 in error and couldn't get them in time! The 4K is a decent colour match and huge upgrade on the standards!
      03-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #1620
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth04 View Post
I was looking at others but they just don’t enough look like factory to me. So I assume not (if you’re talking about the DEPOs). I’m going to wait for them to restock. I just hope it isn’t long until they do. I hate the halogens. They look so ugly. On top of that, the ugly yellow drls.
You could always toss in some LEDs to replace the DRL! That's what I did before I had upgraded.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #1621
AspireApex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:

Looks like my driver's side light also went off the rails - even if I turn, it just clicks and won't go any further down.

Additionally, does anyone know if there is a youtube video that shows how to remove the stock halogen and then install HIDs?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #1622
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireApex View Post
Looks like my driver's side light also went off the rails - even if I turn, it just clicks and won't go any further down.

Additionally, does anyone know if there is a youtube video that shows how to remove the stock halogen and then install HIDs?

Thanks!
I'm sure there is a generic video. I just went off some paper instructions that came with it. Unless it's specifically made for your platform, which is rare, you may need some intuition during the install.

Appreciate 1
MSCD3186.00
      03-22-2018, 12:08 AM   #1623
Wapner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
There is one set of Depos for sale on ebay right now.

mine are done (well wifes I should say), love em. Went with 35w 5000k and I think they look perfect. Coded out the ambers. Looks sic.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #1624
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Couple questions. Love my Depo's but after the install noticed the edges of the bumper are pulled down - it's where it clips to he lights. Any thoughts on adjustment?
Attached Images

03-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #1625
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Couple questions. Love my Depo's but after the install noticed the edges of the bumper are pulled down - it's where it clips to he lights. Any thoughts on adjustment?
Mine does it too, unfortunately. I pulled back the middle just a hair so that it looked more uniform.

Appreciate 1
MSCD3186.00
      03-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #1626
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Mine does it too, unfortunately. I pulled back the middle just a hair so that it looked more uniform.
Thanks, so you adjusted the middle out a little to compensate? Just yo confirm. Cheers!
      03-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #1627
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, so you adjusted the middle out a little to compensate? Just yo confirm. Cheers!
Essentially. I'm not a fan of a big gap, but would rather have that then it be crooked. Just loosen the screws and pull it out some.

Appreciate 1
MSCD3186.00
      03-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #1628
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Essentially. I'm not a fan of a big gap, but would rather have that then it be crooked. Just loosen the screws and pull it out some.
Thank you! Me either but I like the lights more