F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > ConnectedDrive Upgrades - Canada
proTUNING Freaks

10-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #199
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Please try and update ConnectedDrive services in the vehicle to pull in the OTA functionality if available for you vehicle.
Did you mean "Update BMW Assist"? I just updated BMW Assist successfully but that didn't work as I still don't have a checkbox to enable Remote 3d view under Data privacy settings from My Vehicle menu.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #200
InTheSound
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seegs View Post
Is there a way to remote unlock the car anymore?
This! I had a situation where my BMW fob was buried away in my golf bag. Closed my trunk and car remained locked (usually the car would sense key is inside and prevent the trunk from locking). Remote unlock would be great in this instance. Instead I had to call BMW assist and the entire process took 15 min to get my car unlocked... I know, first world problems
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 05:04 PM   #201
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

canadian33 , was there a change made in the last day? My 3D view disappeared (from both the app and privacy page in idrive), but it now seems I have connected+ and smart things integration enabled (and neither of those work)

Last edited by munna; 10-28-2018 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #202
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna View Post
canadian33 , was there a change made in the last day? My 3D view disappeared (from both the app and privacy page in idrive), but it now seems I have connected+ and smart things integration enabled (and neither of those work)
Sorry to hear about disappearance of your Remote 3d view.

The only known official change for Canadians since last Friday is availability of BMW Connected app in App store. Only you and 1 more active member in this forum had working remote 3d view.

There could be 1 or 2 things which could affect 3d view. We all need idrive OAT software update and/or fix Canadian database so that 3d view feature is made available to us. For both of these only BMW Connected service personnel could help us.

I am really hoping that tomorrow/Monday when Canadian33 goes back to office he would try his level best to fix this issue.

Good luck and have fun with all these new high tech stuff available in your BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 08:24 AM   #203
z24b
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
App Works but no 3D Remote View

I installed the app this morning and it works. Sent a few remote commands to the car and they all seem to work. However, there is still no option to enable Remote 3D View in Privacy settings.

Now stupid question and possibly someone has already answered it. How the hell do I force an update or at least check if there is an update to "Drive Assist"?
I go into the iDrive menu, then ConnectedDrive, but I don't see an option to "Update BMW Assist". Could this be because its a 2019 model and there is nothing for it yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #204
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by z24b View Post
I installed the app this morning and it works. Sent a few remote commands to the car and they all seem to work. However, there is still no option to enable Remote 3D View in Privacy settings.

Now stupid question and possibly someone has already answered it. How the hell do I force an update or at least check if there is an update to "Drive Assist"?
I go into the iDrive menu, then ConnectedDrive, but I don't see an option to "Update BMW Assist". Could this be because its a 2019 model and there is nothing for it yet?
Press the option button once you are in the connect drive menu
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:08 PM   #205
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3D view and New Connected App

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC4UrMom View Post
Press the option button once you are in the connect drive menu
Yes, Update BMW Assist is part of Option button. You can try it and let us know whether you are getting that checkbox for enabling Remote 3D view under Data privacy settings of idrive (My Vehicle - iDrive settings - Data privacy)

In response to my post last Friday on same issue, Canadian33 suggested same thing of Updating BMW Assist. I tried it but it did't work.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #206
z24b
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
Ok, so I found the option to update the BMW Assist and selected it. It ran and I got the message transferring data. Once it completed I checked the 3D Remote View in Privacy Settings and it is still missing. I repeated the steps again and it still did not show up. A little disappointing as I was almost expecting it to work.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 09:45 PM   #207
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, so I found the option to update the BMW Assist and selected it. It ran and I got the message transferring data. Once it completed I checked the 3D Remote View in Privacy Settings and it is still missing. I repeated the steps again and it still did not show up. A little disappointing as I was almost expecting it to work.
For 3D Remote View, it requires Surround View with 3D View which is only available on G Chassis BMWs like the current generation 5er, 7er, X3, X4 and X5 (G05) at the moment.

This is unfortunately not available on F Chassis BMWs.
Appreciate 1
pokerface431.50
      10-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #208
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You are not the only one with little disappointment. If you see my last few posts here in this thread and also in other thread, you will find that I have been trying this manual BMW Assist update and it never worked. At one time we were given an understanding that there will be OAT software update for idrive and that would give us an option to enable Remote 3d view in idrive setting.

The only hope we have is Canadian33 does whatever is required to resolve this Remote 3d view issue.

Last edited by Khatopito; 10-30-2018 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #209
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Did you by chance remove and then add back your vehicle?

This remapping process could create the above scenario.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #210
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
You are not the only one with little disappointment. If you see my last few posts here in this thread and also in other thread, you will find that I have been trying this manual BMW Assist update and it never worked. At one time we were given an understanding that there will be OAT software update for idrive and that would give us an option to enable Remote 3d view in idrive setting.

The only hope we have is Canadian33 does whatever is required to resolve this Remote 3d view issue.
Hello All, the R360 topic is floating around in 4 or 5 different threads so I am trying to answer in each.

The update will be pushed out to all capable vehicles in Canada by end of November. This will enable the menu option in the idrive. If customers have the option now, it is based on the date the vehicle was provisioned. If you do have it, do not un-map your vehicle as you may lose the feature until the update is pushed out in November.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #211
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Not that I am aware of. I noticed that my idrive wasn't "logged in" so I simply re-logged in.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #212
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Quote:

My remote 3d view was also disappeared, it was there and working fine a few days ago.

I guess this disable this service in the back end.

I don't think we need an idrive update, because this service is a OTA feature. The service needs to be online on their end.

I also try to code my car to enable remote 3d before this service was launched. It did nothing as the service is not on Canada at that moment.

If there is someone using Remote 3d View successfully now, then there would be a problem with our idrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #213
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I read Canadian33's reply, he said if we have R360, do not un-map our car.

Did you change your phone recently? Because my R360 was disappeared after I change my phone. I'm not sure if that's the reason.

He also said R360 was not pushed into everyone, but how come us lose this R360 from the menu. It looks like this service is still on, and it's just us loosing it by some reasons.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #214
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hello All, the R360 topic is floating around in 4 or 5 different threads so I am trying to answer in each.

The update will be pushed out to all capable vehicles in Canada by end of November. This will enable the menu option in the idrive. If customers have the option now, it is based on the date the vehicle was provisioned. If you do have it, do not un-map your vehicle as you may lose the feature until the update is pushed out in November.
When R360 was not launched, my app showed that R360 was disabled and asked to enable it under "Data privacy"

After it disappeared a few days ago, R360 is not even showed under "Disabled feature", and it not showed under "Enabled feature" either.

View post on imgur.com

HTML Code:
https://imgur.com/a/eQUjH23
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #215
frazervalley
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Read this thread to try and follow all the challenges. My head is spinning.
Went out to my car to try and log into Connected Drive, I assume we need to do this. When I try to enter letters for my sign on they are all CAPS. How do I switch to non caps? I recently purchased access to Connected Drive basic.
I got stumped at the first step, figures.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #216
faston
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe xDrive

I got the new app and logged in. Everything looks and works great. The only thing is that all my units are imperial (miles and gallons). I’ve thoroughly explored the settings and don’t see anywhere to change to metric. Anybody else have this problem? Or a solution?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:30 PM   #217
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

I lost my remote 3D also. This is the only feature that has stopped working. Line trip updates is available to send to a contact.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:19 AM   #218
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazervalley View Post
Read this thread to try and follow all the challenges. My head is spinning.
Went out to my car to try and log into Connected Drive, I assume we need to do this. When I try to enter letters for my sign on they are all CAPS. How do I switch to non caps? I recently purchased access to Connected Drive basic.
I got stumped at the first step, figures.
Hello

Here are the basic steps

1. go to https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca and either register for an account or log in if you have already created an account

2. Within your profile add a vehicle, by entering the full 17 digit VIN.

3. Once added successfully, a message is sent to the vehicle with a 6 digit passcode. You need to retrieve this 6 digit code from the vehicle and enter it into the portal to complete the vehicle mapping process.

4. Download the Connected App from the iTunes Store in Canada

5. Log into the connected app with the username and password that you created in step 1.

Hope that clarifies the process.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2018, 05:57 PM   #219
ccae92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36

It worked fairly well for me, after I realized I wasn't going to get in with the US account I'd created last year to try out, and made a new Canadian one instead.

I have a 430i so the functionality isn't that much better than the old limited Connected Classic app, but it seems a lot easier to use, and sending directions works great now... nice to finally have a more modern app, anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #220
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

bmw connected app

How is everyone downloading the app being in Canada? Both my android phone and ipad say 'app requires specific features not available on this device'. vpn?
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport

Last edited by bubbahead; 10-31-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0