F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > ConnectedDrive Upgrades - Canada
GetBMWParts

10-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #177
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmusic View Post
The BMW Connected app has just been updated to support Canada! Finally.
I don't see it on the apple store.
Don't see any update on the bmw remote app either
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #178
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC4UrMom View Post
It's not in the Canadian App Store yet, but the one I've got from the US store is updated for Canada.
Attached Images

10-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #179
InTheSound
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Quote:
It's not in the Canadian App Store yet, but the one I've got from the US store is updated for Canada.
Come on, you can do it App Store!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #180
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheSound View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Come on, you can do it App Store!!
The app is out in the Canadian App Store. I can login but still can't even send a lock to my vehicle. Nothing works for me.

Update: Sending destinations to car doesn't give error. I still have to to my car to see if it actually send.

Update: send to vehicle doesn't really send your destination thru messsage. But once you go to your car and your phone pair, it knows that's the destination you want to go and start the nevagation.

Update: using an iPhone search the destination and send to your app will go to both you BMW connected app and I drive message. That works. The most use feature for me is locking the door and that doesn't work unfortunately ortherwise it's perfect. Don't see the 3D view thought. idrive doesn't have an option to enable either. Yes I have 3D view in my car.

Update: using a web browser search the destination and send to your car also works great. 👍
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #181
NavS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Garage List
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
The service scheduler still only shows american BMW dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #182
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Remote 3d View

Quote:
The app is out in the Canadian App Store. I can login but still can't even send a lock to my vehicle. Nothing works for me.

Update: Sending destinations to car doesn't give error. I still have to to my car to see if it actually send.

Update: send to vehicle doesn't really send your destination thru messsage. But once you go to your car and your phone pair, it knows that's the destination you want to go and start the nevagation.

Update: using an iPhone search the destination and send to your app will go to both you BMW connected app and I drive message. That works. The most use feature for me is locking the door and that doesn't work unfortunately ortherwise it's perfect. Don't see the 3D view thought. idrive doesn't have an option to enable either. Yes I have 3D view in my car.

Update: using a web browser search the destination and send to your car also works great. 👍

I also don't see checkbox option to enable Remote 3D view in idrive settings. According to Canadian33 we are supposed to get Over the Air update to idrive software
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #183
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahtopito View Post
Quote:

I also don't see checkbox option to enable Remote 3D view in idrive settings. According to Canadian33 we are supposed to get Over the Air update to idrive software
Working for me
Attached Images

10-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #184
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Working for me
Done! My car is in my garage and the lighting is poor however it works 😁 You even see the lower section on the plate of my C43 that I am parked behind ( tandem two car deep garage)
I will try it later when I am out.
Attached Images

10-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #185
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3D view

Quote:
Working for me
Thanks for letting us know.

For some of us, there is no option to enable Remote 3D view in data privacy settings of iDrive (My vehicle). Enabling this feature in iDrive setting is first thing we need before we can use in Connected app. We are hoping that we will get OTA software update soon as promised by Canadian33.

Hi VWtoBMW:

Please let us know:

Is this BMW Connected app is for Apple or for Android?

Did you find it in Canadian App store or Canadian Play store?

If no, where from and how did you download this updated app?

Please let us know as lots of are eager to download this app.

Canadian33:

When are we going to get OTA software update for Remote 3D view?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #186
seegs
Rep
Drives: F48 2017

Is there a way to remote unlock the car anymore?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #187
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Done! My car is in my garage and the lighting is poor however it works 😁 You even see the lower section on the plate of my C43 that I am parked behind ( tandem two car deep garage)
Why there’s no image from the left camera?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #188
minitechnicus
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xdrive , 2019 X3 30i

Unhappy BMW Connected in Canada

Quote:

Well, I just opened my old My BMW Remote app and got a pop-up message regarding the new BMW Connected app. The last phrase was very encouraging

"We're speeding forward with BMW Connected, and have already built in new innovations that take it above and beyond our prior apps. Get ahead of of the curve - click the "Open in Google Play" button above to meet your new personal mobility companion."
(in blue is what I manually typed , I cannot do a screen shot of my cell screen "due to security issue")

Needless to say, I clicked on "OPEN IN GOOGLE PLAY" link and I got BMW Connected app interface. However instead of download and/or install button I got ,I got, I got....( suspense here..), Oh no !
(see picture attached )

Anyone in the same boat ?

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #189
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI and X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitechnicus View Post
Well, I just opened my old My BMW Remote app and got a pop-up message regarding the new BMW Connected app. The last phrase was very encouraging

"We're speeding forward with BMW Connected, and have already built in new innovations that take it above and beyond our prior apps. Get ahead of of the curve - click the "Open in Google Play" button above to meet your new personal mobility companion."
(in blue is what I manually typed , I cannot do a screen shot of my cell screen "due to security issue")

Needless to say, I clicked on "OPEN IN GOOGLE PLAY" link and I got BMW Connected app interface. However instead of download and/or install button I got ,I got, I got....( suspense here..), Oh no !
(see picture attached )

Anyone in the same boat ?

Cheers
Yes, same thing for me. I guess they are pushing the update according to the region.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #190
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Why there’s no image from the left camera?
As I said, car was in my garage when I took it and the lights were off or dim
      10-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #191
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here are some more pics
Attached Images

10-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #192
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
Quote:
Working for me

For some of us, there is no option to enable Remote 3D view in data privacy settings of iDrive (My vehicle). Enabling this feature in iDrive setting is first thing we need before we can use in Connected app. We are hoping that we will get OTA software update soon as promised by Canadian33.

Hi VWtoBMW:

Please let us know:

Please let us know as lots of are eager to download this app.

Canadian33:

When are we going to get OTA software update for Remote 3D view?

It looks like the updates to iDrive were done OTA to my car as I didn't have to do anything. I was, however, logged on via iDrive with my Connected Drive username. I downloaded the new app, logged in and done.
      10-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #193
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It looks like the updates to iDrive were done OTA to my car as I didn't have to do anything. I was, however, logged on via iDrive with my Connected Drive username. I downloaded the new app, logged in and done.
Thanks for response.

Do you know roughly when did you get OAT idrive update? I am just wondering why some of us still not received OTA update.

I already have official BMW Connected app downloaded from Apple App store and successfully logged in. Also added my 2018 x3 in App and all features working except Remote 3d view, which needs idrive software update.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #194
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for response.

Do you know roughly when did you get OAT idrive update? I am just wondering why some of us still not received OTA update.

I already have official BMW Connected app downloaded from Apple App store and successfully logged in. Also added my 2018 x3 in App and all features working except Remote 3d view, which needs idrive software update.
I am not sure when it came through. Only noticed when the new app was installed today and later was in my my car with my phone plugged in.
      10-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #195
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I am not sure when it came through. Only noticed when the new app was installed today and later was in my my car with my phone plugged in.
Thanks again,

What phone, iPhone or Android? Did you connect with USB cable and why did you connect ?

I am just trying to explore all possibilities to get this software update.

Thanks again and really appreciate your cooperation in helping us.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #196
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

It is too bad that Remote 3d view is still not available. They are supposed to send OAT software update for idrive so that we can enable this 3d feature in Data privacy settings under My Vehicle = idrive settings.

Did anyone in Canada receive this software update in 2 or 3 days? Please let us know.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #197
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavS View Post
The service scheduler still only shows american BMW dealerships.
Canadian retailer information will be coming in the next couple of days. Plan is early next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #198
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
It is too bad that Remote 3d view is still not available. They are supposed to send OAT software update for idrive so that we can enable this 3d feature in Data privacy settings under My Vehicle = idrive settings.

Did anyone in Canada receive this software update in 2 or 3 days? Please let us know.

Thanks
Please try and update ConnectedDrive services in the vehicle to pull in the OTA functionality if available for you vehicle.
Appreciate 0