F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New BMW campaign: "Designed for Driving Pleasure" Features 4 Series Concept and Z4
GetBMWParts

02-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool New BMW campaign: "Designed for Driving Pleasure" Features 4 Series Concept and Z4

BIMMERPOST NEWS
New BMW campaign: "Designed for Driving Pleasure" Features 4 Series Concept and Z4
COMMENTS

Munich. BMW launched a new international campaign focused on design in Germany last weekend. The integrated global campaign highlights the dynamism of BMW design and features a TV commercial that portrays the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupé in a highly dynamic way, using a surprising visual effect that is revealed at the end of the spot. Design and dynamics are also the focus of the print campaign. Ropes are used in the image to create the motion blur effect normally seen in real driving shots. Internet users have also been able to view a special online presentation on design at: www.bmw.com/design since November 2012. Videos, animations and a historical timeline provide insights into the design process, history and vision of BMW design. The online special also features a downloadable "AD Essence" app for the iPad and Android tablets. The new special edition app was launched by Architectural Digest magazine in conjunction with BMW Group Design. The campaign starts today on the German website, www.bmw.de.

The dynamic nature of BMW design is the topic of the new global campaign, which will be launched worldwide in the first quarter of 2013. “Our products promise sheer driving pleasure. But the anticipation of what can be experienced with a BMW, begins at first sight. The new campaign showcases the dynamics of design in a surprisingly different way,” explains Andreas-Christoph Hofmann, head of BMW Brand Communications.

The campaign was created in close cooperation with BMW Design. Karim Habib, head of BMW Design: “The BMW Concept 4 Series Coupé has its own character within the BMW family and combines all that BMW stands for: dynamic performance, sportiness and elegance. Clear lines and distinctively sculpted surfaces express this dynamism and motion even when the car is standing still.”

In the TV spot produced by Hollywood director Samuel Bayer, the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupé is seen in dynamic motion. Acceleration, braking, taking fast corners – pure driving pleasure. However, this is all just a surprising visual effect produced with tracking shots – the car is actually parked on a platform throughout the whole spot. www.bmw.com/4seriesconcept, www.bmw.com/4erconcept

The print campaign is based on the same idea: At first glance, Uwe Düttmann’s photographs resemble high-speed-driving shots. However, a closer look reveals that the motion blur of the surroundings is simulated by ropes. With more than 3,500 metres of ropes around the vehicles, it was possible to give the image a dynamic feel, even though the vehicle remains stationary.

In Germany, the campaign will also be presented online and through social media channels. Online banner ads and animations will develop the idea of the print campaign and TV spot, and also work with the effect of a dynamic moving car. A central landing page on www.bmw.de features information on the vehicles shown, as well as background on the TV commercial and a prize game. Visitors to BMW Germany’s Facebook page can also win a new BMW Z4 for a three-month period. In parallel, the campaign will also be presented in more detail through the brand’s YouTube channel and BMW’s own www.bmw-tv.de channel with a special on the subject of design.

The campaign will run for several weeks, starting in Germany in mid-February, in print, TV, online, social media and out-of-home advertising. Johannes Seibert, head of Marketing BMW Germany: “The new BMW campaign will play a key role in Germany in 2013. The design of our products is the most important purchase reason for the majority of BMW customers. This campaign highlights an extremely relevant and positive image factor for the BMW brand.” The print ads feature various BMW models. Besides the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupé, a further focus is the new BMW Z4, which will be launched across Germany at BMW partners on 16 March.

BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept Ad Spot

Translation: "Sheer Driving Pleasure - When does it begin? When the engine starts and you feel the power? When you accelerate and leave straights, corners and everything else behind you? No - it begins at first sight. Designed for Driving Pleasure."

The Making of BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept Ad

New Print Ads
New BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept and Z4 LCI Print Ads

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it normal to have so much advertisement of a concept car? makes me wonder how close this really is to the production car.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Palle
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 1er

Talking

I <3 that car!!! It looks absolutely amazing! The new 4 Series is the most beautiful BMW, ever!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE
Is it normal to have so much advertisement of a concept car? makes me wonder how close this really is to the production car.
They gotta put a lotta hype so people will get excited for paying a lot more for what used to be the 3 series coupe but now will just be known as the 4 series.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle
I &lt;3 that car!!! It looks absolutely amazing! The new 4 Series is the most beautiful BMW, ever!
Good way to blow your competitors sales out of the water.

I agree, most beautiful BMW ever.
I definitely want an F33/83 if its keeping those features.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
RickyRaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E60 M5 (previously)

So no more ultimate driving machine?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Front and rear bumpers have too much going on. Exhaust is lost in that mess of whatever and the fogs look LED ala Audi... sigh. I like everything above and around that. Interior shots would do well...
      02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Not sure about having the word 'stink' in your car ad! Instinkt?

I know, it is in German and would translate differently....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Schwaben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Hmmmm
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

I don't think those are very good ads.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
PaulUK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

How about the words "NOT AVAILABLE IN ANY STORE NEAR YOU" for the 4 series advert slogan.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

so the commercial was filmed in LA for germany? is there an english version coming?
      02-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
PaulUK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Couldn't resist....can anyone come up with some better slogans for this advertising campaign?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I don't know why everyone is on BMW for these ads. The Concept might not be the production car but these ads are strictly used to put the new 4-Series name out there nothing more so I don't see why people are mocking the ads like using "Unavailable".

I mean these ads are playful in a sense where BMW is marketing something that isn't final or available but I'm sure once the production 4-Series is revealed, we'll see actually see "real" ads that represent the 4-Series in a more appropriate manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
I don't think the accuracy of how close the concept is to the final is relevant in these ads. While most would be happy if the final car did look like the concept, BMW just wants to have the 4-Series name out there because I don't see it being effective if BMW decided to only start marketing the 4-Series only when the reveal is made.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
PaulUK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

"Ropey"

Get it??
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #17
Palle
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUK
Couldn't resist....can anyone come up with some better slogans for this advertising campaign?
there is a english version! visit the international website of bmw www.bmw.com and you can see it ;-)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
Palle
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUK
Can you make one saying "brainwashed 3er owners"
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
Tåst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRaz View Post
So no more ultimate driving machine?
No, Bmw´s whit electric power steering are only "Designed for driving pleasure". Old one´s and new M5 whit hydraulic unit are "ultimate driving machines"
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
///M4
Rep

damnit, now BMW is going to be another hipster favorite. You're going to see nothing but BMW's in the parking lots of Starbucks while the customers sit there with their macbooks/ipads.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPORTWORLD View Post
They gotta put a lotta hype so people will get excited for paying a lot more for what used to be the 3 series coupe but now will just be known as the 4 series.
That is exactly what I think too. I will not be surprised to see the gap between the 3 base price and the 4 base price to be similar in size to the gap between 5s and 6s. I will, however, be disappointed if that's what comes to be the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0