F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Opinion thread!
ARMA SPEED

01-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #23
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCola View Post
So I plan on changing my stock F30 grill that has the chrome outline to an all black M3 replica grill without the M badge. My car is jet black and the goal is to get a black on black look all around. I personally don't care what anyone thinks and am going to modify it regardless. Just curious what people's opinions are on this I know there are a select few out there that like to hate (not on this forum so much just in general) that if it's not a true M car why would I be a "poser" and modify it to look like one.
BMW does that with all the "M-Sport" package cars already so don't worry.
I have CF "M Performance" decal on my side skirt, because I have "M Performance" package lol. At the end of the day...to each their own.

IMO black on black (murdered out) is a bit played out, however it still looks good on some cars. Maybe add some red? Like the calipers....

Oh and pics or non of this is true!

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 06:00 AM   #24
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
If you change your grille put some black mesh on the back of the slats to add rock protection. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pla...%2C189&sr=8-10
That's more honeycomb though. I'd go with something more meshi, like pic above. The openings are to big on the honeycomb.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #25
NoobCola
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermile View Post
Quote:
So I plan on changing my stock F30 grill that has the chrome outline to an all black M3 replica grill without the M badge. My car is jet black and the goal is to get a black on black look all around. I personally don't care what anyone thinks and am going to modify it regardless. Just curious what people's opinions are on this I know there are a select few out there that like to hate (not on this forum so much just in general) that if it's not a true M car why would I be a "poser" and modify it to look like one.
BMW does that with all the "M-Sport" package cars already so don't worry.
I have CF "M Performance" decal on my side skirt, because I have "M Performance" package lol. At the end of the day...to each their own.

IMO black on black (murdered out) is a bit played out, however it still looks good on some cars. Maybe add some red? Like the calipers....

Oh and pics or non of this is true!
Will definitely add pics! It's gonna be awhile though I'm waiting for my MPE in the mail and since it was so expensive I gotta wait a little bit for any more mods or the girlfriend is gonna bite my head off lol. I know what you mean though the black on black is played out but I like it a lot. I was also planning on getting the calipers painted another color, might even upgrade to the BBK but I'm still debating that one.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #26
Lukas Papwick
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F32 440i M-Sport+ MPPSK

Like Hypermile, I have a 'M-Sport' packaged car. Mine originally came with the chrome-outlined grilles but I changed them for the M-Performance grille. Made for a much stealthier look IMO.

I looked into the M4 grille, but decided against it because 1. I prefer the singular slats over the M3/4 thinner double slats and 2. my car isn't an M4.

Each to their own - if you prefer the double slatted M3/4 grille, go for it. Both look great.
      02-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #27
Rebound
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33: The 435i Convertible

Quote:
I think the all-black looks cool. Or maybe all-black with powder coated brake calipers in another color, like red or bright green.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #28
NoobCola
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just ordered couldn't help myself. I'll post another update once it's arrived and installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 01:30 AM   #29
NoobCola
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Quote:
I think the all-black looks cool. Or maybe all-black with powder coated brake calipers in another color, like red or bright green.
I'm debating on eventually installing M performance brakes. I want to track my car once I pay it off.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #30
Fliplegend
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435ix F33

Gloss black double slat FTW.
Attached Images

02-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #31
NoobCola
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliplegend View Post
Gloss black double slat FTW.
Can't wait for mine to get here! My delivery window is about a month apart I'm hoping it gets here sooner rather than later
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #32
f32sand808s
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I did it and I love it : go for it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #33
NoobCola
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Finally came in the mail yesterday and got a chance to install it today! I'm loving it. Here's a pic cause you asked
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
bmc34016.50