F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > m340 touring
GetBMWParts

11-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #133
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Not a Touring but decent review from JA..

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 02:36 PM   #134
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans69 View Post
That would suggest BMW have failed on the Ms. I've always thought it should be like an RS, practical, but as sporty as possible. If it's not practical, then buy a sports car, which will be better as a sports car....

As an aside, I don't get the whole SUV, I think estates offer a better package for a better price, but I know I'm in the minority now. Better head off before I get flamed
RS Audi are surprisingly very remote and soft feeling compared to M cars, it's a different demographic in terms of needs and wants.
      11-13-2019, 07:06 AM   #135
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Curses. I'm really not sure another 3/4 series is the right choice for my circumstances, but the more I read about it, the more it's worming its way into my head. Another 7 months to my VT point, I'll have driven myself completely nuts by then (or man-mathsed myself into an earlier switch).

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #136
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
Curses. I'm really not sure another 3/4 series is the right choice for my circumstances, but the more I read about it, the more it's worming its way into my head. Another 7 months to my VT point, I'll have driven myself completely nuts by then (or man-mathsed myself into an earlier switch).
Carbon black this time around?

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      11-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #137
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Obviously, if it were available But I don't think it is. In fact, despite my previously documented views on 'battleship' grey vehicles, I fear I might be with Wills2 here - I think it looks best in grey or black with the shadowline pack.

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #138
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously, if it were available But I don't think it is. In fact, despite my previously documented views on 'battleship' grey vehicles, I fear I might be with Wills2 here - I think it looks best in grey or black with the shadowline pack.
I went for battleship grey this time around, for the dreadnought

Hadn't realised there was no CB, but of course it was a 4-er colour only in the F3x.

I'd be seriously tempted with a 6GT as a family non-SUV BMW. Incredible value for the space and quality. If I'd wanted a close to like-for-like replacement for my 4GC that would have been a real contender.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      11-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #139
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
Had Carbon Black on my old E46 M3 and it looked great; however, estates in black always look a bit too hearse-like for my taste! I do quite like the grey but as my F31 is Mineral Grey I'd fancy something different next time; Tanzanite Blue is the current favourite although I could perhaps be persuaded to Portimao Blue if it's less bright in the metal than it appears on the configurator.

This all assumes I go with a G21 M340i of course....
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      11-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #140
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Yeah, he said it was really bad, his wife refused to go in it, the kids said they felt sick in the back, and he was 3 weeks into a 4 year deal. He was looking at £7000 hit to get out so was looking at wheel options.

He said they were run flats on it, I was surprised, do they come from the factory on run flats?
I said to buy some proper tyres first, that will probably sort it, but he said it just seemed like the whole damping system was not right, but probably try that before doing anything else as cheapest option.
At the risk of being flamed alive, why would you run an M car as a family car, especially with younger kids? Why do people do it? Bonkers
My kids wish I still had the M2 or M4!
      11-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #141
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'd be seriously tempted with a 6GT as a family non-SUV BMW. Incredible value for the space and quality. If I'd wanted a close to like-for-like replacement for my 4GC that would have been a real contender.
Yes, looks like an awful lot of car for the money. But Mrs mcoops will likely get another, bigger SUV next time, so in theory I should go smaller not the same or bigger, provided whatever I get can squeeze 2 pre-teen kids in for the occasional short trip.

Coming from a diesel, I also want one last hurrah in a petrol motor with at least a little bit of character before we all go electric. Hence going blind looking at everything from a TT to CLA35 / A35 saloon to the new M235i. But the M340i just seems sooo much more exciting than all of those...

Appreciate 2
      11-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #142
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Quote:
Colour range/choice is a bit sh*te, as usual. I've never favoured grey myself either but mineral grey with the black pack looks good, although the wheels are black too if you select that option, I think. Not sure I could live with that cerium grey trim though.
      11-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #143
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Colour range/choice is a bit sh*te, as usual. I've never favoured grey myself either but mineral grey with the black pack looks good, although the wheels are black too if you select that option, I think. Not sure I could live with that cerium grey trim though.
That's what's annoying about everything being in packs. I would like the pack but dont like the black wheels.

I quite like the davit grey or a darker blue.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #144
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Another grey here, singapore in my case. BMW really do need to look at their colour choices. But i wanted low profile this time so it works for that...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #145
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
This Saturday I pick up a 330d G21 for a 24hr test, it was offered by BMW so thought it would be rude not to accept.

Having recently changed the F31 330d for the F31 340i I would like to see how it compares with the previous and current, not only performance but looking ahead as to space, refinement, ride etc maybe for the future. A little more space would be good so may have a look at the 5 series as well as they do seem good value for money these days.

I'll let you know what I think on the G21
Well despite all the arrangements from Coopers, they phoned me Saturday morning to say that the car wasn't available as it hadn't come back yet and they only have the one estate. Seems that the previous user had some family issues and wouldn't be able to return it until later.

So now booked for next weekend, if it's there that is !
Appreciate 0