F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > Custom MGP Caliper Covers 328 size brakes
GetBMWParts

08-19-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
MA1SW/AWJ
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Black

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Custom MGP Caliper Covers 328 size brakes

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 250.00

Item Interest
I have a set of Custom MGP Caliper Covers. These will fit any 1,2,3,4 series under a '35 (e.g. 128, 330). All parts come included, and they are installed very easily.

I had these made just for me so the only other person on the road with them will be myself, I had another set made when I got my 435.

You can find generic MGP caliper covers in a lot of places including their site, but custom jobs like this one cost a lot more. I paid $450 for these so this is a deal. PM me with offers please!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

You paid 450$ for those? That's crazy....not only because they look like fake big brakes but they actually retain heat in your rotors and have cause warping on lots of rotors as a coworker learned with his c5 Vette. I do know the dust is reduced with the covers but not a good tradeoff imo if they can damage your brakes.
Appreciate 1
mbanks211267.50
      08-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 12:53 AM   #4
AFjbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez
I'm dying...i keep checking back. i can't believe more people aren't commenting.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
MA1SW/AWJ
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Because there's only one basher on the thread so far?....I paid that much because it was a custom design and custom paint. And I have had ZERO, absolutely ZERO issues and I have been using these caliper covers for going on 6 years now. Their own company guarantees their product as well. I happen to live nearby their factory and have spoken with owner, super nice guy. They stand behind their product and I have never personally had or heard of any issues.

As far as looks go, that's anyone's opinion. I think these look better than some plain calipers with naked looking metal parts showing. Thank you for your concern however. Anyone who wants to buy, I am very motivated!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA1SW/AWJ View Post
Because there's only one basher on the thread so far?....I paid that much because it was a custom design and custom paint. And I have had ZERO, absolutely ZERO issues and I have been using these caliper covers for going on 6 years now. Their own company guarantees their product as well. I happen to live nearby their factory and have spoken with owner, super nice guy. They stand behind their product and I have never personally had or heard of any issues.

As far as looks go, that's anyone's opinion. I think these look better than some plain calipers with naked looking metal parts showing. Thank you for your concern however. Anyone who wants to buy, I am very motivated!
To each his own. Everyone's tastes are different.

Imo you could have picked up a used set of 340mm actual 4 piston brembo and 330mm rear bosh from someone that upgraded to the M PERFORMANCE BBK for about $400 bucks just sayin. Have looks and actual performance.

GLWTS..
      08-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, F30 335i, 1986 K75

Can you send me the info , i want to custom my next shit?

Ps: plz hurry i got to drop one soon
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr-Racing View Post
Can you send me the info , i want to custom my next shit?

Ps: plz hurry i got to drop one soon
Savage bro, savage
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #9
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
Quote:

To each his own. Everyone's tastes are different.

Imo you could have picked up a used set of 340mm actual 4 piston brembo and 330mm rear bosh from someone that upgraded to the M PERFORMANCE BBK for about $400 bucks just sayin. Have looks and actual performance.

GLWTS..
Lolol so damn true.....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #10
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Curious as to what they guarantee their product to do exactly? What a good pair of pads can do? Less dust?

Not sure what's crazier, your asking price, the price you paid for these, the fact you put them on your car, or the fact you put these on this forum for sale. They literally make your brakes underperform....

But hey free bump, good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-21-2017, 02:18 AM   #11
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Quote:

Curious as to what they guarantee their product to do exactly? What a good pair of pads can do? Less dust?

Not sure what's crazier, your asking price, the price you paid for these, the fact you put them on your car, or the fact you put these on this forum for sale. They literally make your brakes underperform....

But hey free bump, good luck with the sale.
They'd make a good ash tray for my cigar just sayin....:
      08-21-2017, 02:29 AM   #12
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have a set of Custom MGP Caliper Covers. These will fit any 1,2,3,4 series under a '35 (e.g. 128, 330). All parts come included, and they are installed very easily.

I had these made just for me so the only other person on the road with them will be myself, I had another set made when I got my 435.

You can find generic MGP caliper covers in a lot of places including their site, but custom jobs like this one cost a lot more. I paid $450 for these so this is a deal. PM me with offers please!
Wait...whooold up I just re read this ad. So you're saying you actually own a 435i "WHICH" comes with brembos up front and bosh rears and you covered it up with this??? Are you pulling our chain man? Why in theeeee hell would you put this on a brembo caliper without the assistance of sniffing glue.

And you're stating it'll fit all cars under a 35i? What about a 328i or 228i with the track pack with brembo on all 4 corners?

And since you already had a set for your pre 435i car with floating rear calipers and you bought a new set wouldn't the old set just "clip on " why buy theeee exact same clip on covers again? It's the same thing it clips on.

Eagerly awaiting response while eating my garretts Chicago style...

Guys I smell a scam here just sayin...
      08-21-2017, 02:32 AM   #13
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Monday morning bump $200 price drop
      08-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
jv004
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

O.o You paid $450 for those?.... You could of painted ur calipers for that much and would of looked 10x better.

Last edited by jv004; 08-21-2017 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #15
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Wait...whooold up I just re read this ad. So you're saying you actually own a 435i "WHICH" comes with brembos up front and bosh rears and you covered it up with this??? Are you pulling our chain man? Why in theeeee hell would you put this on a brembo caliper without the assistance of sniffing glue.

And you're staring it'll fit all cars under a 35i? What about a 328i or 228i with the track pack with brembo on all 4 corners?

And since you already had a set for your pre 435i car with floating rear calipers and you bought a new set wouldn't the old set just "clip on " why buy theeee exact same clip on covers again? It's the same hung it clips on.

Epic
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #16
MA1SW/AWJ
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
A scam? Really?

Quote:

And you're stating it'll fit all cars under a 35i? What about a 328i or 228i with the track pack with brembo on all 4 corners?

And since you already had a set for your pre 435i car with floating rear calipers and you bought a new set wouldn't the old set just "clip on " why buy theeee exact same clip on covers again? It's the same thing it clips on.

No scam here just trying to unload something that I enjoyed, I know others would as well, I guess they just haven't seen the ad yet. Please don't question my integrity, it's not really nice. It's also part of my job, MA1 here, which is Navy for Master-At-Arms First Class; or military police E-6.

I kind of liked the brembos in front of my 435 but only kind of, and the rears were plain ol' brakes only. These would not fit on the track pack version, only standard. And as far as why I got new ones; These were for my old e90 328, the ones I have now are for my f30 435. The rear brakes are different sizes and the fronts as you said have the brembo so the old 328 ones would not work. I like the look myself, everyone has different taste, it would be like someone asking why I spent so much money on a BMW when I could have had a really nice truck, well I didn't want a truck I wanted a BMW.

All that being said, I liked the way your post was written, it made me laugh so thanks for that :-)
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #17
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No scam here just trying to unload something that I enjoyed, I know others would as well, I guess they just haven't seen the ad yet. Please don't question my integrity, it's not really nice. It's also part of my job, MA1 here, which is Navy for Master-At-Arms First Class; or military police E-6.

I kind of liked the brembos in front of my 435 but only kind of, and the rears were plain ol' brakes only. These would not fit on the track pack version, only standard. And as far as why I got new ones; These were for my old e90 328, the ones I have now are for my f30 435. The rear brakes are different sizes and the fronts as you said have the brembo so the old 328 ones would not work. I like the look myself, everyone has different taste, it would be like someone asking why I spent so much money on a BMW when I could have had a really nice truck, well I didn't want a truck I wanted a BMW.

All that being said, I liked the way your post was written, it made me laugh so thanks for that :-)
First and foremost---thank you for your service, regardless of how "dickheadish" we behave on our snobby bmw forum here---> thank you, sincerely.

But......those things are fucking terrible brotha!!! They may fly on other brands of cars and trucks but they'll get you roasted on here! Lol. All in good fun of course. The thing that killed it for you was that even though those are designed and marketed primarily to reduce brake dust.....the pic you put up there with your wheels covered in brake dust did them in!!

All in good fun, be safe out there.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #18
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Quote:
Quote:

First and foremost---thank you for your service, regardless of how "dickheadish" we behave on our snobby bmw forum here---> thank you, sincerely.

But......those things are fucking terrible brotha!!! They may fly on other brands of cars and trucks but they'll get you roasted on here! Lol. All in good fun of course. The thing that killed it for you was that even though those are designed and marketed primarily to reduce brake dust.....the pic you put up there with your wheels covered in brake dust did them in!!

All in good fun, be safe out there.
Yes I too would like to thank you for your service and dedication to our country and without people like you we wouldn't be able to enjoy these nice cars and free speech.

I sounded like a kak cuz there have been and insane number of scams/attempts from craiglisters moving into our forums but that's a different convo...so I questioned what didn't make sense to me.

I do have to agree with you however it just doesn't look right on these cars and I'll restate what I said in my 1st post to each his own I shall not comment again keep my trap shut and let the man attempt to sell his stuff carry on.
      08-23-2017, 01:24 AM   #19
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I just wasn't understanding is all. Glad I made you laugh hehe at least I humored ya.
Again thanks for your service sir
      08-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #20
BMW_SYNERGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Im surprised no one has said anything about this.........

Im really not trying to bash, but I've been very curious why the bmw roundel colors are in the wrong locations? Or was that part of the "customizing"??

Thanks for your service btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #21
AFjbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_SYNERGY
Im surprised no one has said anything about this.........

Im really not trying to bash, but I've been very curious why the bmw roundel colors are in the wrong locations? Or was that part of the "customizing"??

Thanks for your service btw.
hahaha i just noticed that. the colors are flipped. oh and from someone who has been in for 12 years and is still serving... screw you for trying to use it to not get yourself humiliated.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #22
MA1SW/AWJ
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjbyers View Post
hahaha i just noticed that. the colors are flipped. oh and from someone who has been in for 12 years and is still serving... screw you for trying to use it to not get yourself humiliated.
Not what I was trying to do at all, i just don't like it when my integrity is questioned; That's the only reason i brought it up. But thank you for your holier than thou approach to forums I think you might be the first one who has ever done that.

On a separate note the reason they are flipped is because the company wanted to play it safe from getting sued by bmw so they flipped to colors to give themselves a warm and fuzzy, didn't bother me any.
Appreciate 0