F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Has anyone talked to the Invisihitch people lately?
GetBMWParts

06-28-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 Saphire Black/Saddle

Has anyone talked to the Invisihitch people lately?

My Invisihitch is malfunctioning. I tried to call them and the phone comes up as not in service. Has anyone spoken or worked with them recently? Or have a good contact #?
      07-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep

Just thought I'd bump this thread up. The Invisihitch spring that opens to receive the hitch is malfunctioning. You can manually get the hitch in, but it will not lock in. Since Invisihitch seems out of business, if anyone has any ideas on fixing this I'd be grateful. Seems that lifetime warranty went away when Invisihitch did.
      07-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danddd View Post
Just thought I'd bump this thread up. The Invisihitch spring that opens to receive the hitch is malfunctioning. You can manually get the hitch in, but it will not lock in. Since Invisihitch seems out of business, if anyone has any ideas on fixing this I'd be grateful. Seems that lifetime warranty went away when Invisihitch did.
That's the problem with these "lifetime" warranties.

Most often they are the Company's lifetime, not your part.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
That's the problem with these "lifetime" warranties.

Most often they are the Company's lifetime, not yours.
lifetime of the life span of the part
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
JustMtnB44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 328i xdrive wagon F31

Maybe the mechanism is just gummed up and needs to be cleaned and lubricated?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMtnB44 View Post
Maybe the mechanism is just gummed up and needs to be cleaned and lubricated?
Kind of this. Actually rust was keeping the parts hung up. Much easier when you can get it on a rack instead of climbing underneath. Working now.
      07-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #7
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Good to hear its working again.

On a side note... I'm always sceptical of lifetime warranty. Always see the brand/manufacturer if they be around for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
PA4Series
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible

Garage List
Guys, I don't have an invisihitch on my BMW but I did have on on my F-Pace S which I owned before the F-Pace SVR I have now. I had the same issue happen with my Invisihitch on the F-Pace, the center receiver ended up getting rusty and I called them and they sent me a new receiver and assorted parts. I still have these. Ended up getting the SVR and let the InvisiHitch go with the F-Pace S. I ended up WD 40ing the Invisihitch receiver on the F-Pace S until it started working consistently again, and then greased it all up and it was working fine when I traded the F-Pace S in.

With the SVR, I ended up going with Stealth Hitch, which is a very similar (if not almost exact) design to the InvisiHitch, but stealth uses a Stainless receiver which, with the plug they send with the unit to cover where the hitch goes in, seals the receiver completely from water and road grim, and salt, which caused so much issue with the Invisihitch receiver. Since the receiver is made with Stainless Steel, it also doesn't rust so double benefit.

Stealth Hitch is an option if you want a hitch like Invisihitch but don't want the rust, or can't reach Invisihitch anymore and still want a hitch option that you can't see behind the car unless your using it.

https://stealthhitches.com/

2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 1
Jvac432.00
      07-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep

Thanks PA4Series for the information. Stealth Hitch looks like a good way to go in the future. I plan to use a teflon spray to keep the hitch from rusting up more. Really hard to do in the rust belt of Chicago though.
      06-21-2021, 10:41 PM   #10
thefrog1394
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Thanks PA4Series for the information. Stealth Hitch looks like a good way to go in the future. I plan to use a teflon spray to keep the hitch from rusting up more. Really hard to do in the rust belt of Chicago though.
Old thread, I know. Got here searching for Invisihitch + Stealth Hitches to see what the story is/was. I just ordered one for my Tesla Model 3 and am having second thoughts after realizing they are such a new company. They are both based in Suwanee, Georgia. The design appears identical. Did these folks shut down Invisihitch due to issues and recycle the same product as Stealth Hitches? Any insight from the BMW folks here who seem to know more about Invisihitch?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 11:02 AM   #11
leejak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F12 6401ED, F32 428i

For what’s it worth, I have the stealth hitch and have not come across the issue mentioned….I will say that I keep loosing the rubber cover(lost 2 already)….I guess it comes off while driving…..but am concerned about developing the issue mentioned since I keep loosing the plug….anyone else keep loosing plug?….solutions?
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2021, 11:01 PM   #12
eugene89us
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrog1394 View Post
Quote:
Old thread, I know. Got here searching for Invisihitch + Stealth Hitches to see what the story is/was. I just ordered one for my Tesla Model 3 and am having second thoughts after realizing they are such a new company. They are both based in Suwanee, Georgia. The design appears identical. Did these folks shut down Invisihitch due to issues and recycle the same product as Stealth Hitches? Any insight from the BMW folks here who seem to know more about Invisihitch?
I think co-founders of Invisihitch had a disagreement and that is how Stealth Hitch was made. I purchased my Stealth Hitch in 2018 and it has hauled everything, from bike racks to trailers. I hauled 1.5 cubic yards of mulch in my trailer today. Stealth uses stainless steel block, which reduces rusting issues as there was on Invisihitch. I would have no concerns, you made the right decision. At time of my purchase, both companies existed and I went with Stealth Hitch. Stealth Hitch has been on market for a few years, easy to install, and turned my F30 into a full blown pickup truck. Can't beat that!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #13
SquareWheels
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2023 M550i  [10.00]
Quote:
We got one for my wife's Tesla, love it. Came with a 2" hitch, asked if we could swap it out, no problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 07:01 PM   #14
thefrog1394
Private
Rep

Glad to hear folks are liking their hitch. I actually had to cancel mine due to eTrailer taking a while to ship it out (would have arrived when I was out of town) but I think I'm going to order it again here in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 07:03 PM   #15
thefrog1394
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene89us View Post
turned my F30 into a full blown pickup truck. Can't beat that!
I get weird looks hauling around a utility trailer behind my 335i at the hardware store, but the funny thing is my 4x8 trailer has a bigger bed than everyone's crew cab trucks. And I get to drive a sporty sedan daily instead of a pickup. It's really the best of both worlds for most uses.
Appreciate 4
Danddd74.50
Jvac432.00
      07-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #16
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep

Quote:
I get weird looks hauling around a utility trailer behind my 335i at the hardware store, but the funny thing is my 4x8 trailer has a bigger bed than everyone's crew cab trucks. And I get to drive a sporty sedan daily instead of a pickup. It's really the best of both worlds for most uses.
This would be a very European thing to do. Now if you just had a wagon...
      07-01-2021, 02:37 PM   #17
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I enjoy the stares, too. Particularly when crawling past stuck trucks on my way to the ATV park.

Appreciate 1
Jvac432.00