F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > [SOLVED] Bootmod3 tune. Couldn't clear errors. Car wont start.
GetBMWParts

02-01-2021, 03:19 AM   #1
defrakt619
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328i m sport stage 2

[SOLVED] Bootmod3 tune. Couldn't clear errors. Car wont start.

While I was installing a bm3 tune for the first time it got up to 100% Then went to clearing codes. After the clearing secondary codes I got a.
"DME Coding" error saying "flash was successful but coding failed to apply".

My car now doesn't start only goes to accessory mode and my idrive display is showing multiple error codes "type pressure sensro error", etc.

What should I do?

I used a obd2 wifi adapter. And connected to my phones internet for internet. Used a dongle for my macbook.

I tried to connect bimmerlink but it wouldn't recognise the vehicle even when it typically would.

Last edited by defrakt619; 02-04-2021 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #2
jared21927
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Go into diagnostics, scroll down to DME ECU Functions and reset the DME. This happened to me and I went into panic mode, but luckily, BM3 is very forgiving. Reset your DME and try to flash again. I'd also recommend a trickle charger for your battery, if you weren't using one.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

One reason I decided to forego the BM3 route and went with piggyback. Too chicken s*** to code BM3 into my car. Hope you resolve your issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
defrakt619
Rep

So guys from pro tuning freaks helped me out.
They remoted in and used esys. As far as I can see they read the ECU. Saw some values. Deleted them. Backed up some files. Copied some other files over and reflashed to stock with esys.

Couldn't get the stage 1 to flash back. But could be due to really shitty internet. The remote software was having hard time with my bad internet connection so support guy was having issues.

Good thing is my f30 drives again 🙏. Gonna try stage 1 tune after I gather more info at a location with better internet
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #5
defrakt619
Rep

It worked

I got stage 1 flash to work.
I went outdoors(car was parked in apartment basement when i was trying this before) with good 4g signal and the flash worked like a charm.

I changed up some variables.
- better internet
- direct cable link to car not using wifi adapter
- made sure to keep door shut
- made sure to have seatbelt on
- used a windows laptop (not sure if this matters much)
- turned off location services on phone (not sure if this matters much)

Make sure when you connect there are no errors saying "disable firewall" on the bm3 agent. I had no firewalls just bad internet in basement and was getting those errors.

I have a feeling last time I messed up by not having my seatbelt on and my door shut and shutting the door mid flash that screwed me. That and maybe the wifi enet adapter had a shoddy connection.

Hope this helps somebody someday.

Last edited by defrakt619; 02-04-2021 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 06:58 AM   #6
Rizkybusiness
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i f30 2013

Hey mate, this just happened to me and I had to get PTF to get the car remotely reflashed back to stock.
I didn’t have a battery charger hooked to my car would that been a problem? Did you have a battery charger connected to your car on your second attempt?
This is my daily so the car does not sit in the garage and should’ve had plenty of juice in the battery.
I’m about to attempt stage 1 again and I’m shit scared as if it fails again, as I’m in Australia their reply time to me is about 11pm - 1am lol
Appreciate 0