F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > bmw satnav vs garmin
proTUNING Freaks

12-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
limal45
Rep
Drives: 2014 mineral grey 328iGT

bmw satnav vs garmin

had my 3gt for 2 months now - got the 328i mtech red leather interior, everything is great, the adaptive lights package is really great - weird when you first use it!
what i don't like is the satnav which is frustrating as hell - no where near as good as a garmin, if they can't make a good one they should fit garmin as other manufacturers do, no good having 'home grown' if it's not at least as good as what is available on the market - or is it just me?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

I have no problem with the BMW navigation system. Its easy to use and fairly accurate.

What exact problems are you having with it?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
limal45
Rep
Drives: 2014 mineral grey 328iGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
I have no problem with the BMW navigation system. Its easy to use and fairly accurate.

What exact problems are you having with it?
well, i am working in saudi so maybe it is the way it is loaded, every time i input a street name, it doesn't know it, unlike garmin it will not accept place names, even important places like hospitals are not in the 'places of interest' works ok if i know the gps co-ords. i will pop in to the bm dealer next week so if they can update it, if you are finding yours ok maybe it hasn't translated well to saudi, the salesman seemed to have trouble working it when he was showing me round the car on acceptance, thought he was just not genned up - like a lot of salesmen here!
Appreciate 0