F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
European Auto Source (EAS)

12-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #45
lawownsu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i

Can i use a K+DCan cable that i have already? and how do i sign up for the beta? do i have to wait till January 1st 2018?
Thanks
sam
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 04:16 PM   #46
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp & 14 X3 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
copy and paste for the OTG: USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated to USB OTG or just OTG, is a specification first used in late 2001 that allows USB devices, such as tablets or smartphones, to act as a host, allowing other USB devices, such as USB flash drives, digital cameras, mice or keyboards, to be attached to them.

I personally use a phone for my cars and customer cars. Mainly because i feel tablets are bulky. But either or will work.

Software will figure out which it is by the software ID
Thanks for confirming a phone could do it. That's awesome.

To the useless poster above, perryo91 I know what OTG stands for, yes, I googled and figured out it stands for On The Go shortly after... But that still doesn't tell me how I'd find out if my Android phone (it's just some cheapo brand I use while travelling) is OTG compatible or not. I'm not up on the Android phone stuff, having forever had an iPhone...

That's what I was getting at, since it's not obvious to you...

This is the phone I've got:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E9BND2W/
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #47
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRsurfr_32 View Post
@mhd tuning so how would the beta work?
People willing to provide logs adn driving sensation feedbacks can email us for details. Basically it's on invitation only while the beta is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-man View Post
And you said that xdrive is about 10% lower
So let me try to get it straight:
Two dynos won't give the same results for the same car, the figures should be taken as an overview (and give an idea of how the different stages are scaled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Wow! For us non-Android folks, can you explain what OTG Compatible means?

And would an Android phone work as a flasher? Or must be a tablet?

Lastly, do we need to know if we have an EWG or PWG, or the software figures it out when flashing?
You can check OTG compatibly with some free apps like "USB OTG checker". and/or Googling the device name + OTG support.
90% of the devices support OTG.
The software read the calibration ID of your car. Tuned table are applied of top of your car's OEM map (which will differ by region, car type etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
Will MHD also provide an Editor for the public, like BM3 has, for the end user if they feel confident to edit the tables themselves?
Yes. We'll release table definitions for Tuner Pro which is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawownsu View Post
Can i use a K+DCan cable that i have already? and how do i sign up for the beta? do i have to wait till January 1st 2018?
Thanks
sam
email us to join the beta program. If your cable is good quality that will do, but all KDcan cables are 2x slower for flashing than the bimmergeeks cable we recommend.
Appreciate 2
Tchao222.50
Lotus99486.50

12-23-2017, 09:35 PM   #48
Ben e92 / f30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi / f30 335i m sport

Garage List
2008 e92 328xi  [0.00]
For the Stage 2 or Stage 2+, does it have to be a catless downpipe or can you have a high flow catted downpipe such as a Wagner or a Fabspeed?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 01:38 AM   #49
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben e92 / f30 View Post
For the Stage 2 or Stage 2+, does it have to be a catless downpipe or can you have a high flow catted downpipe such as a Wagner or a Fabspeed?
High flow would suffice
justin@twistedtuning.com

Last edited by Twisted Tuning; 12-24-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #50
HKD126
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i XDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
People willing to provide logs adn driving sensation feedbacks can email us for details. Basically it's on invitation only while the beta is closed.

Two dynos won't give the same results for the same car, the figures should be taken as an overview (and give an idea of how the different stages are scaled).

You can check OTG compatibly with some free apps like "USB OTG checker". and/or Googling the device name + OTG support.
90% of the devices support OTG.
The software read the calibration ID of your car. Tuned table are applied of top of your car's OEM map (which will differ by region, car type etc).

Yes. We'll release table definitions for Tuner Pro which is free.

email us to join the beta program. If your cable is good quality that will do, but all KDcan cables are 2x slower for flashing than the bimmergeeks cable we recommend.
Will you guys be doing any custom tuning for big turbo upgrades, such as PS2, SpeedTech or Big Boost?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #51
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Will you guys be doing any custom tuning for big turbo upgrades, such as PS2, SpeedTech or Big Boost?
Not directed towards me but we will. And have already dozens of big turbo custom tunes out there. Including PS2, and bigboost. And some other large turbo kits that were one off builds on N55.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 03:56 AM   #52
frenchfries
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Been waiting for something like this!
The only bolt on i have in my car is a BMW intake with a BMS stage 1 piggyback tune

I am planning to buy a chargepipe and DP within these upcoming months before the officially release and have it all installed together. my question is, since i have to take off the intercooler for the chargepipe swap, should i change my intercooler to an aftermarket as well? i will be running this with stock piping and muffler and maybe a resonator delete in the future if i want more sound. Would this run stage 2+ smoothly for daily?

cant wait
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #53
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfries View Post
Been waiting for something like this!
The only bolt on i have in my car is a BMW intake with a BMS stage 1 piggyback tune

my question is, since i have to take off the intercooler for the chargepipe swap, should i change my intercooler to an aftermarket as well?
Yes Definitely! I had the same thought and knew I would eventually want to upgrade the intercooler so might as well do charge pipe/intercooler combo install. Only thing I regret not doing is swapping out the stock oil cooler for a larger one since the bumper was already off the car. That's something I would recommend if you're thinking of stage 2+ along with a high flow cat. Stock muffler should be fine but if you can swing for a higher flow axle back that would be better.

12-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #54
HKD126
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i XDrive MSport

Quote:
Not directed towards me but we will. And have already dozens of big turbo custom tunes out there. Including PS2, and bigboost. And some other large turbo kits that were one off builds on N55.
How would one going about getting a custom tune for a PS2 or SpeedTech kit for an F30 N55 through you?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #55
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
How would one going about getting a custom tune for a PS2 or SpeedTech kit for an F30 N55 through you?
Simple.... Email me if you have any specific questions. Or if you're ready now, Just hit my site in the BMW section and make the Faeries MHD custom tune purchase.

But, prior to doing your custom tune. I'd need you you to help out with testing a couple of the OTS maps for MHD. Then we can move forward with your custom tune. Testing the OTS maps is a pre-req right now during the close beta period to help out.

Let me know.
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #56
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Simple.... Email me if you have any specific questions. Or if you're ready now, Just hit my site in the BMW section and make the Faeries MHD custom tune purchase.

But, prior to doing your custom tune. I'd need you you to help out with testing a couple of the OTS maps for MHD. Then we can move forward with your custom tune. Testing the OTS maps is a pre-req right now during the close beta period to help out.

Let me know.
I'm starting to get confused between MHD & Twisted Tuning . . .
Twisted Tuning is a USA vendor for MHD and both are currently performing "BETA testing programs?"
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #57
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
I'm starting to get confused between MHD & Twisted Tuning . . .
Twisted Tuning is a USA vendor for MHD and both are currently performing "BETA testing programs?"
I'm not running a BETA. The BETA program is All MHD. I am a separate entity but myself and MHD work together on several things. I make the OTS maps for E-series N55 for MHD. But my business model outside that is Custom tuning and other design and fabrication.

But I'm trying to help MHD by requesting any of my clients test OTS mapping If theirbmods fit within the OTS realm, prior to me doing their custom tunes during the BETA timeframe stated by MHD to help provide feedback and logs and etc on the OTS maps they have for F-series which are made by Pureboost.

hopefully that Clears that up. Simply put. Just trying to assist one of my good partners.

Last edited by Twisted Tuning; 12-25-2017 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #58
Bestia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, (sold) e70, e39 M5

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #59
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not running a BETA. The BETA program is All MHD. I am a separate entity but myself and MHD work together on several things. I make the OTS maps for E-series N55 for MHD. But my business model outside that is Custom tuning and other design and fabrication.

But I'm trying to help MHD by requesting any of my clients test OTS mapping If theirbmods fit within the OTS realm, prior to me doing their custom tunes during the BETA timeframe stated by MHD to help provide feedback and logs and etc on the OTS maps they have for F-series which are made by Pureboost.

hopefully that Clears that up. Simply put. Just trying to assist one of my good partners.
Very helpful.
Much appreciated.
Is Pureboost actually a part of MHD, or separate company?
Just curious, do you only do custom tuning for E-series? No F-series tunes? Why? Is the N55 in E & F series cars that different to tune?
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #60
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Very helpful.
Much appreciated.
Just curious, do you only do custom tuning for E-series? No F-series tunes? Why? Is the N55 in E & F series cars that different to tune?
Cheers.

I do custom tuning on dozens of platforms, Not just BMW either. But yes that includes all f-series. And to me, no...nothing is difficult to tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #61
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I do custom tuning on dozens of platforms, Not just BMW either. But yes that includes all f-series. And to me, no...nothing is difficult to tune.
Again, Thanks.
Just waiting to hear more from MHD & how the recent OBD tuning option shakes out before flashing my m235i.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #62
ali820
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Quote:
Quote:
Very helpful.
Much appreciated.
Cheers.

What benefits if any would a typical FBO N55 on pump gas get from a custom tune versus an OTS tune?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #63
SLVRsurfr_32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 435

@mhd tuning, I sent you guys a pm in regards to beta
😁
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #64
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

MHD Tuning

Will the F-series have an option to run Bimmerlife/Precision Raceworks coils similar to the N54 MHD?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #65
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd5150 View Post
MHD Tuning

Will the F-series have an option to run Bimmerlife/Precision Raceworks coils similar to the N54 MHD?
AFAIK, BL coils don't fit the N55. From what the manufacturer told me they don't reach the plug. PR coils i have a couple sets on customer cars on E-series. But those will have an Easier being fit to the F-series due to the routing of the intake.

I'm sure the flash option will come.
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 04:54 AM   #66
Freestylerfalcon
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali820 View Post
What benefits if any would a typical FBO N55 on pump gas get from a custom tune versus an OTS tune?

would like to second this question.
would there be a significant advantage to run a custom tune over OTS for a 335i with stantard bolt ons??

Last edited by Freestylerfalcon; 12-26-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0