F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Another F30 N20 Blown Motor Thread :(
Studio RSR

03-24-2023, 06:53 PM   #1321
jayp80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catheriene View Post
Hi, I need your help!! I purchased a 2013 BMW 328I xDrive vehicle in 2020, it just broke on 6th August, 2022. We have it towed to the local BMW store, the technician said it is a timing chain and oil pump issue, which resulted in engine failure.
I saw the Gelis case and called BMWNA, and they said because of my car was 9 years old and has a mileage of 96,000, so I am not qualified for the warranty.
I argued that as the file stated, even though my car is out of warranty, based on the mileage, BMW still have to cover 55% of the total repair cost. But they said that to be qualified for this reimbursement, I have to file a claim before the deadline in 2021.
I did not know there was such issue, as I am not the first owner, I did not receive any notice. The BMW store said the total cost would be probably over $10,000, which I could not afford. Is there anything I can do at all?
Was in similar situation '13 F30 that broke in June '22 with 65k or so miles. Filed a claim on the site with no accompanying documents attached. Figured what could I lose, got a letter back saying I was missing docs. Spoke to someone on the phone that said I should complete the process and that exceptions could be made. Sent all of requested docs 6 months ago without any response. I know my chances of getting anything are probably 1:1000 but what do I have to lose.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 04:07 PM   #1322
sjbender
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 E46, '13 F10 (TC failed)

Old but interesting, the last letter in regards to the case shows some values of the case...

What should be taken into consideration as one factor under Gunter is the monetary value of the results achieved by class counsel. We now possess additional information to conduct a common fund cross-check of the lodestar. Based upon information provided by Mr. Dalton at the recent fee hearing, we learned that in addition to the $3.5 million in reimbursement payments, (which may not include the recent successful appeals for which checks have not yet been cut) there was approximately $13 to $16 million in covered prospective warranty work performed to class vehicles by BMW NA authorized dealers. In addition, because BMW NA is paying the legal fee separate from the claim fund, it should be added to the settlement value, not deducted, in performing a cross-check. In other words, one should first add $3.5 million plus $16 million plus $3.7 million equaling $23.2 million and then determine what percent that $3.7 million is of the $23.2 million, which is approximately 16% in terms of a cross-check. Using the $13 million number instead of $16 million, the percentage is 18%.
Appreciate 0