F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Weird CEL, Need Help Understanding
Extreme Powerhouse

06-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Weird CEL, Need Help Understanding

I keep randomly throwing a code when I get on the gas every once in a while. It will persist for a few days and the disappear. I bought BimmerLink to figure out what code I was throwing but when I checked the permanent codes it only comes up with a Motor Error: FF191C that doesn’t have a description. I googled the code and found nothing. Any idea what this means? Or if I should take into my mechanic? Just started doing this about a week ago.
      06-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

I don't think Bimmer Link can pul proper Diagnostic Codes.
Else I would have bought this app.

here is an Option:
go to BMW Dealer, take your key inside to service dept.
and they can scan your key to see most codes without having to pull your car in for diagnostic.
tell them to print it or just take a picture of the screen with your phone and post results here.
if they want to charge for this, then tell to have a nice day and enjoy themselves..... then go to another dealer or get a proper scan on your vehicle.

without a scan, or codes, .... don't guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #3
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashShah View Post
I don't think Bimmer Link can pul proper Diagnostic Codes.
Else I would have bought this app.
Erm... but it can tho, I've just done it for a friend, look at my pix. Not all codes have a description, thats why OP is asking. I say take it to a private shop with heavy duty scan tool, don't goto BMW dealer, they will charge you 3 times the amount for diagnostic. Asking them to print out the codes is pointless too, it will show the same as the ones he already saw in bimmerlink with no description.
Attached Images

06-17-2019, 03:33 AM   #4
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

i Just discovered that Bimmerlink can do diagnostic on ios, but not android .... thats why I didn't buy it.
also my service advisor pull codes from my car but frm my keyfob, not hooked up to the car.
it took him 3 sec total time.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Anyone? Really looking to solve this without paying for an outside diagnosis. I just bought bimmertech to check and run codes if necessary and the first code I run isn't even registering a description. The CEL went out again and isn't showing, but I'm pretty sure if I get on the throttle tonight on the way home from work it'll kick back on. It's been doing this for about 2 weeks now.

Any ideas?
      08-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #6
ItsNeverSunnyInCleve
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Did you ever figure out this code? My googling just lead me hear...
Appreciate 0