F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Finally added Speed Limit Info
GetBMWParts

06-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #375
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

I just received mine from aliexpress, it cost just £32 and took 9 days to arrive. Fitted and codes it in about 30mins. It seems to work well so far and because I have the digital cluster (6wb) I don't have the issue with it displaying the wrong units
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      06-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #376
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

I have the 6wb cluster and a Chinese SLI DEVICE. However the “red trailing line” for over speed does not show.

Go to settings and change units to KM and they will show up on the speedometer so you know what I am talking about. But of course that is useless for USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
I just received mine from aliexpress, it cost just £32 and took 9 days to arrive. Fitted and codes it in about 30mins. It seems to work well so far and because I have the digital cluster (6wb) I don't have the issue with it displaying the wrong units
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #377
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
I have the 6wb cluster and a Chinese SLI DEVICE. However the “red trailing line” for over speed does not show.

Go to settings and change units to KM and they will show up on the speedometer so you know what I am talking about. But of course that is useless for USA.
Yes I was aware of that issue and I expect mine will have the same but I'm happy to live without that feature as it was so cheap
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #378
marakeh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D

would love to add this mod too thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #379
flyknit
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTiggy View Post
Thx TTGator for the good info given in the video.

I installed the chinese emulator this afternoon and after watching some yt video's about how to code, just tried coding and everything seems to work like a charm.

//EDIT// I forgot to mention I have no Kafas

Got mine here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Limit...53.m1438.l2649

I installed the latest map updates like a month ago (Europe Next 2019-1 NBT). There seems to be some spots where I get the "---" but that must be stored map data related I suppose.

I didn't code that "Add 8Th VO" because I have no idea what this is. Would this give me problems? I also didn't change the HUD_KIA_SPEED_LIM value since I don't have that thing showing speed on the front window (I assumed this is the line to activate that)

Also those 2 vid gives a decent guideline for how to use the esys to code stuff (not the install; this is explained somewhere on bimmerfest):

* how to start coding with esys:

(he doesn't show what you need to do to get the speed limit running, but you get to see how it esys works)

* same stuff:

I used the search function to find the values needed.

Isn't that difficult indeed, but again a SPECIAL THNX to TTGATOR!!

May I know which FDL you coded to enable the speed limit for the emulator?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #380
mupet0000
Rep
Drives: 2019 F20 118i Shadow Edition

Looking at this module as it seems the cheapest:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32888818915.html

All the chinese ones are the same so why pay more. I am disappointed that it will not show MPH but I can live with that. I live in the UK and have a 2019 F20 with HU_ENTRYNAV2. Any experience of this working in a car with this nav?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #381
Kyokushin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, F32 420i

Okay folks, 150km/h mystery is solved.

That one is showing 150km/h limit when have no data from map:

And that one is showing correctly ---
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      07-23-2019, 01:50 AM   #382
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Thats nonsens. If no actual data available the NAV data displays the normal speed limit as filed per road, in Germany e.g. 100km/h on outside roads and not more.
Where in the world is 150km/h a valid average or true given speedlimit?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #383
Per Hansson
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i F31 '18

Yes Dang3r, that is the nonsense as documented earlier in this thread...
For this reason and also the hassle of ordering outside the EU I found another variant.
It's made by a German company, they do sell it on the German eBay, search for "SLI Emulator"
They also do have a website, albeit it is in German only.
I ordered it plus their PnP harness for €140,76 including shipping, it arrived very quickly across the pond

This one shows (---) when there is no data, though I must say at least with the 2019-02 Europe maps there does not seem to be any such areas where I live.
Well except for off-road but a 3-series is not really the perfect car for such endeavours

The installation was easy, you reuse (move over) the connector shell to the PnP harness that plugs into the instrument cluster.
However the inline plug does not come with any fixing plug, and is possible to reverse so it requires some care and could do with improvement IMO.
All in all I'm happy: the car shows the speed signs quickly and the coding was easy.
I only did FDL coding because I don't have the KAFAS2 camera and agree with the quote below that adding 8TH to the VO is the wrong approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
I made several test because checking with rheingold i got many errors on cas, kombi, Hu nbt due to coding done for this module.

Is not correct to code 8th for cars without chafes installed.

is necessary made FDL coding on kombi and NBT HU.

Hope it will help to avoid several stupid errors that also dealer can see.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-02-2019, 01:57 AM   #384
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Trevligt att det fungerade för dig, leverantören, jag vet inte…
The problem with the 3 dashes seems to be since the change of the NAV data at EUROPE NEXT from version 2/2017 to 1/2018, several users are reporting this. No help available afaik.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #385
Per Hansson
Private
Sweden
Rep

Maybe it's a language problem, the three (---) dashes I show above are what should be shown in an area with no speed info available.
Apparently instead of the dashes those Chinese clones showed 150km/h which looks a bit silly...
They where also hardcoded with a km/h text in the sign, this German one does not have that so it looks better if driving in a country where the signs are in mph.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 10:01 PM   #386
jrbuzaid
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Convertible F33

Looks like this PEEM Solution is the best option so far.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #387
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Hansson View Post
For this reason and also the hassle of ordering outside the EU I found another variant.
It's made by a German company, they do sell it on the German eBay, search for "SLI Emulator"
I ordered it plus their PnP harness for €140,76 including shipping, it arrived very quickly across the pond

This one shows (---) when there is no data, though I must say at least with the 2019-02 Europe maps there does not seem to be any such areas where I live.
Well except for off-road but a 3-series is not really the perfect car for such endeavours

The installation was easy, you reuse (move over) the connector shell to the PnP harness that plugs into the instrument cluster.
However the inline plug does not come with any fixing plug, and is possible to reverse so it requires some care and could do with improvement IMO.
All in all I'm happy: the car shows the speed signs quickly and the coding was easy.
I only did FDL coding because I don't have the KAFAS2 camera and agree with the quote below that adding 8TH to the VO is the wrong approach.

Quote:
I made several test because checking with rheingold i got many errors on cas, kombi, Hu nbt due to coding done for this module.

Quote:

Quote:

Can you go into car settings and change units to Mph? Then show us if the overspeed red trailing mark still works in mph please. I refer to the trailing red swoosh shown in excess of the speed limit. Thanks!!
      08-09-2019, 02:06 AM   #388
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Can you go into car settings and change units to Mph? Then show us if the overspeed red trailing mark still works in mph please. I refer to the trailing red swoosh shown in excess of the speed limit. Thanks!!
You didn't get the problem, dude.
The reason of displaying the dashes or wrong speed limits sometimes is not the faulty setting of the metric or other measure values. Its the emulator itself, the china clone wasn't be able to solve that. The original romanian was able to set by dipswitch and/or jumper to the desired country format.
So, if you are living within the mph-area you have to deal with it with buying the clone.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 04:35 AM   #389
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

I think i have the KAFAS camera (have a 2016 340i) with LED auto high beam but i dont have lane depart (although weirdly do have the vibrator mech in the steering wheel)

Can i get this via coding or do i need to get the emulator?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 07:20 AM   #390
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Quote:
The reason of displaying the dashes or wrong speed limits sometimes is not the faulty setting of the metric or other measure values. Its the emulator itself, the china clone wasn't be able to solve that. The original romanian was able to set by dipswitch and/or jumper to the desired country format.
So, if you are living within the mph-area you have to deal with it with buying the clone.
No no.... I did understand all that. I'm asking a separate question here. I have a Chinese emulator and also have the 6wB digital cluster. In USA. All works fine in mph with it except NO RED TRAILS. that's the reason for my question to the person that posted a German emulator in km/h.
My emulator shows the trails if I switch to kmh. But not in mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Quote:
      08-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #391
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
No no.... I did understand all that. I'm asking a separate question here. I have a Chinese emulator and also have the 6wB digital cluster. In USA. All works fine in mph with it except NO RED TRAILS. that's the reason for my question to the person that posted a German emulator in km/h.
My emulator shows the trails if I switch to kmh. But not in mph.
Ah, check. Nah, I don't have an answer to this

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 02:45 AM   #392
Per Hansson
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I tried this and the overspeed red trailing mark does not show up with my car set to MPH.
That said I'm not sure it's that easy, I would imagine the car gets different coding for the UK region?
For example when I switch my car to MPH there is still a digital KM/H display shown in the center.
Another question is how the system interprets speedsigns in the navigation system meant for KMH display with the car set to MPH...
...And before you ask I'm not willing to drive to the UK to find out
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #393
flyknit
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:

Do you mind share the FDL coding you did? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #394
Per Hansson
Private
Sweden
Rep

It is covered in their installation PDF:

HU_NBT2:
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO → aktiv

DKOMBI:
SPEED_LIMIT_GENERATION → sli_gen_2
KI_PIA_SPEED_LIMIT → aktiv
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #395
Xanatos
Rep
Drives: f36

so...the camera is useless
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #396
chr
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 320d xDrive

Does anybody know if these emulators work with HU_ENTRYNAV and BKOMBI?
Appreciate 0