F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > 2015 335i MSport MPerformance Loaded For Sale
ARMA SPEED

05-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
danschuk
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 M335i

2015 335i MSport MPerformance Loaded For Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Just lowered the price another $1,000 to $47,000!

Selling my 2015 MSport MPerformance 335i with 11,800 miles on it. The majority of the miles were highway from 2 separate trips to Orlando and to Houston. I am asking $48,000 OBO. This car was over $63,000 new and I had it listed for $50,000 previously now a $2,000 reduction! I have a third child now (mounting medical expenses) and I can't fit the family anymore so I end up just driving the minivan and it sits in the garage. The car has never been driven in winter and has always been garaged and washed regularly and I try to take it for a short drive now and then when I have time just to prevent damage from sitting in the garage. The car is in perfect condition and serviced by the BMW dealer. Everything is factory no aftermarket mods. It is equipped with the MPPK and the MPerformance exhaust from factory (sounds amazing). I will attach a picture of the dealer window sticker showing the new price and all of the options it has. The interior and exterior was all treated with Zylon at the dealer so there is no need to wax for 5 years. The wheels, tires and key fobs are covered for 5 years for any damage and of course there is still 4 years of BMW factory service and warranty remaining. I am willing to drive this vehicle to the location of the buyer if needed.

M Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Harmon Kardon Stereo (sounds incredible)
M Sport Brakes
M Performance Exhaust (cackles)
MPPK Kit
Spoiler
M Performance Raw Carbon Shift Knob
Black Kidney Grills
M Performance Decals
19" M Performance Wheels (Staggered Sizes)

Attached Images

Last edited by danschuk; 10-09-2017 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Price
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
danschuk
Rep

Any suggestions on my post? Is the asking price right?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by danschuk View Post
Any suggestions on my post? Is the asking price right?
Beautiful car! I think your price is perfect, but I don't think it will sell quickly. The market for used cars at $40k and up is small, especially from a private seller. I would recommend using a site with a lot of traffic: eBay, bringatrailer, autotrader, etc.

If I could justify the money, I would buy this in a heartbeat and transplant my coral red interior!

My only other advice would be to return the car to stock. You will sell the car quicker and for more money, and will get some money back by selling off the aftermarket parts as well. Even the M-Performance parts really only add value to a true enthusiast who knows what they're looking at and prefers them to the original parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
danschuk
Rep

Thank you for the input! As for the M-Performance parts they were all factory installed so the car is completely stock and it sits. At one point I thought about doing additional mod's but never did. She's been an outstanding vehicle and I would much rather keep it.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #5
simongym
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by danschuk View Post
Thank you for the input! As for the M-Performance parts they were all factory installed so the car is completely stock and it sits. At one point I thought about doing additional mod's but never did. She's been an outstanding vehicle and I would much rather keep it.
Sorry for the confusion, I said "stock" but I really meant base. The extra goodies you ordered direct with the car are great to some, but most potential buyers will assess no extra value from them.

My advice is to buy cheap, used, good condition base level equivalents to swap out and sell the nicer stuff. Grilles, exhaust, shifter, etc. You aren't getting to recoup what you paid, but you'll definitely get some $ back compared to selling such nice parts with the car to someone who likely won't care about them.

Ultimately for all of it, it comes down to how much your time and effort is worth to you compared to the money involved. The low-dollar items are probably the easiest work, but will also only net a small difference. For instance, you can probably sell the black grilles for about $80 and buy 'base' chrome/black grilles for $40 or less for very little effort. But ultimately even that small effort is barely worth the ~$40 you would gain. Then take the M-Performance brakes. Those you can sell for close to $2,000 and replace with base 335i brakes for half as much or less. A significant project for sure, but with a net gain of $1,000 or more, more worth the effort.

Anyways just trying to help. I recently sold a Honda S2000 that still had several modifications on it from the previous owner(s) and went through the same struggle of time/effort vs. money. Ultimately I left most of the mods in place and just made sure they didn't detract from the everyday drive-ability of the car (raised the coil-overs to a height that was comfortable for speed bumps and curbs, put silencers on the performance exhaust, etc.). That said, there was extra money I could have made but chose not to. Certainly I could have switched out the aftermarket rims for stock and made ~$500 or so. I did end up replacing a pricey aftermarket steering wheel with a decent used stock wheel, but in the end my time and effort just wasn't worth the small extra money I would have gotten from it, but it really is a question of circumstance, desire, and motivation. I was more motivated to get the next project car than to chase nickels and dimes on the old one. If the money matters to you and you can justify the effort involved, it could be worth it. Otherwise, focus on the right selling format and attack that aggressively until you succeed.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
danschuk
Rep

Thank you for your expertise. I now understand what the phrase "part out" is referring to. Sounds like you have quite the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simongym View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I said "stock" but I really meant base. The extra goodies you ordered direct with the car are great to some, but most potential buyers will assess no extra value from them.

My advice is to buy cheap, used, good condition base level equivalents to swap out and sell the nicer stuff. Grilles, exhaust, shifter, etc. You aren't getting to recoup what you paid, but you'll definitely get some $ back compared to selling such nice parts with the car to someone who likely won't care about them.

Ultimately for all of it, it comes down to how much your time and effort is worth to you compared to the money involved. The low-dollar items are probably the easiest work, but will also only net a small difference. For instance, you can probably sell the black grilles for about $80 and buy 'base' chrome/black grilles for $40 or less for very little effort. But ultimately even that small effort is barely worth the ~$40 you would gain. Then take the M-Performance brakes. Those you can sell for close to $2,000 and replace with base 335i brakes for half as much or less. A significant project for sure, but with a net gain of $1,000 or more, more worth the effort.

Anyways just trying to help. I recently sold a Honda S2000 that still had several modifications on it from the previous owner(s) and went through the same struggle of time/effort vs. money. Ultimately I left most of the mods in place and just made sure they didn't detract from the everyday drive-ability of the car (raised the coil-overs to a height that was comfortable for speed bumps and curbs, put silencers on the performance exhaust, etc.). That said, there was extra money I could have made but chose not to. Certainly I could have switched out the aftermarket rims for stock and made ~$500 or so. I did end up replacing a pricey aftermarket steering wheel with a decent used stock wheel, but in the end my time and effort just wasn't worth the small extra money I would have gotten from it, but it really is a question of circumstance, desire, and motivation. I was more motivated to get the next project car than to chase nickels and dimes on the old one. If the money matters to you and you can justify the effort involved, it could be worth it. Otherwise, focus on the right selling format and attack that aggressively until you succeed.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #7
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Nice car... would def suggest Autotrader & BMW CCA for a fellow enthusiast. G/L with the sale.

You need to clarify stock... To most people, that doesn't mean includes the BMW M Performance parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
danschuk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
Nice car... would def suggest Autotrader & BMW CCA for a fellow enthusiast. G/L with the sale.

You need to clarify stock... To most people, that doesn't mean includes the BMW M Performance parts.
Thank you for the heads up. I will certainly follow your advice. I have received quite a few people looking at it just is the past week. Thank you all for the advise.
Appreciate 0