F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPE installed finally!
ARMA SPEED

04-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #23
F30Drew
IG: AndrewRodriiguez_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i x Drive Sport 6M/T

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Thanks man, I saw a modded 335 yesterday and it was really really fast! It was just taking off from any speed. I can't wait to make the car fast like that
Tune, DP, and Chargepipe... youll be a happy camper! promise
      04-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #24
34dean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i X-drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Drew View Post
I will be there in a couple of weeks!
      04-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #25
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Which tune do you have on your car? I was reading through some old threads from 2013-2015 and there were a lot of people complaining about drivetrain malfunction and car losing power with BMS Jb4, I hope they've resolved those issues. BM3 seems more reliable.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #26
F30Drew
IG: AndrewRodriiguez_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i x Drive Sport 6M/T

Garage List
Quote:
Which tune do you have on your car? I was reading through some old threads from 2013-2015 and there were a lot of people complaining about drivetrain malfunction and car losing power with BMS Jb4, I hope they've resolved those issues. BM3 seems more reliable.
I went to a local tuner RK-Tunes. you can get it as well but its all preferred! can feel a big difference with the flash tune specifically for what I have rather than the flash tune for basic bolt ons.
      04-30-2019, 04:03 PM   #27
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went to a local tuner RK-Tunes. you can get it as well but its all preferred! can feel a big difference with the flash tune specifically for what I have rather than the flash tune for basic bolt ons.
How long have you had it for? Any malfunctioning or loss of power?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #28
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

tardboi seems like you already checked out this thread Milwaukee Motorwerks is where I always go to, very reasonable rates and they only work on BMW and Mercedes. The owner Brian knows me, Evan is the guy who installed my exhaust. Next thing on my list is getting Bilstein B8 shocks and Eibach springs installed by them.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #29
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive MSport

Quote:
tardboi seems like you already checked out this thread Milwaukee Motorwerks is where I always go to, very reasonable rates and they only work on BMW and Mercedes. The owner Brian knows me, Evan is the guy who installed my exhaust. Next thing on my list is getting Bilstein B8 shocks and Eibach springs installed by them.
Hey! Let me know how that goes. I was gonna learn how to do all this stuff on my own, but on second thought.. maybe I'll just bring over 5 different parts for them to install at those prices.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 08:12 PM   #30
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardboi View Post
Quote:
Hey! Let me know how that goes. I was gonna learn how to do all this stuff on my own, but on second thought.. maybe I'll just bring over 5 different parts for them to install at those prices.
What are you planning to do for suspension? You need to buy some tools to do it on your own.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #31
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Leave it stock; I already scraped the front bumper once taking a turn fast.. with a lip, I cant imagine lowering it and being able to drive comfortably.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #32
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Leave it stock; I already scraped the front bumper once taking a turn fast.. with a lip, I cant imagine lowering it and being able to drive comfortably.
I tried front lip but it came off in the middle, I just used some screws that didn't hold up, sold it to a guy who was visiting Milwaukee from Illinois. Did you install it yourself?
Do you have a trunk spoiler? I've an OEM M Performance CF spoiler that I just can't get right, installed it twice but it starts coming off on one edge, will probably have to wait till it gets warm or just sell it 😑
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #33
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I tried front lip but it came off in the middle, I just used some screws that didn't hold up, sold it to a guy who was visiting Milwaukee from Illinois. Did you install it yourself?
Do you have a trunk spoiler? I've an OEM M Performance CF spoiler that I just can't get right, installed it twice but it starts coming off on one edge, will probably have to wait till it gets warm or just sell it ��
I haven't got a lip yet, but I want to. So far all I have is aftermarket EB spoiler (which lifted a cm on one edge, like you say - I taped the FUCK out of this thing too) and aftermarket diffuser (which I couldnt get fully clipped in, but it looks good enough)

This is why I'd rather pay someone. So frustrating. Selling the CF spoiler? I do have CF mirror caps so I could go for it

How bad is your spoiler lifting? We can trade pics so we can feel bad about it together.

Last edited by tardboi; 12-30-2019 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #34
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I haven't got a lip yet, but I want to. So far all I have is aftermarket EB spoiler (which lifted a cm on one edge, like you say - I taped the FUCK out of this thing too) and aftermarket diffuser (which I couldnt get fully clipped in, but it looks good enough)

This is why I'd rather pay someone. So frustrating. Selling the CF spoiler? I do have CF mirror caps so I could go for it

How bad is your spoiler lifting? We can trade pics so we can feel bad about it together.
It wasn't bad at all but it bothered me so I ended up removing it, lol. I'll probably give it one last try with betalink adhesive, that's what BMW uses to attach it, still thinking about it, will let you know if I decide to sell it, already wasted too much time with it, twice If possible attach a picture of your spoiler showing where it is lifting.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #35
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
It wasn't bad at all but it bothered me so I ended up removing it, lol. I'll probably give it one last try with betalink adhesive, that's what BMW uses to attach it, still thinking about it, will let you know if I decide to sell it, already wasted too much time with it, twice If possible attach a picture of your spoiler showing where it is lifting.
I have a ebay CF trunk spoiler and it fits perfectly (same exact style/shape as BMW one). Used the maximum amount of 3M double sided tape as possible - literally filled the entire bottom of the spoiler with it before mounting, much more than what came on it already. You may need to cut the strips longitudinally to get it to reach all the way to the tips of the spoiler (which prevents the lift). Mine has been on about 9 months with no issues. As long as you clay bar the trunk and thoroughly clean both surfaces with 91% rubbing alcohol first it should not lift.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #36
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
I have a ebay CF trunk spoiler and it fits perfectly (same exact style/shape as BMW one). Used the maximum amount of 3M double sided tape as possible - literally filled the entire bottom of the spoiler with it before mounting, much more than what came on it already. You may need to cut the strips longitudinally to get it to reach all the way to the tips of the spoiler (which prevents the lift). Mine has been on about 9 months with no issues. As long as you clay bar the trunk and thoroughly clean both surfaces with 91% rubbing alcohol first it should not lift.
Even I applied the tape all across the edges, I cut it to fit the round edges, I cleaned both car and spoiler thoroughly but it started lifting at the bottom that attaches with the car. I did not use a claybar though, maybe that would've helped. It's a bit strange, the spoiler is OEM but seems like on right side it does not sit as well as it sits on the left side, not a huge difference though and it's the right side that starts lifting 😑 I might try it with claybar next time, I even got the thicker 3M ceramic tape to bridge in any far between the spoiler and the trunk. I was also thinking of getting Betalink and using it only on the edges. Can't try anything right now as it's cold and the heated garage doesn't get a lot of light.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #37
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Even I applied the tape all across the edges, I cut it to fit the round edges, I cleaned both car and spoiler thoroughly but it started lifting at the bottom that attaches with the car. I did not use a claybar though, maybe that would've helped. It's a bit strange, the spoiler is OEM but seems like on right side it does not sit as well as it sits on the left side, not a huge difference though and it's the right side that starts lifting �� I might try it with claybar next time, I even got the thicker 3M ceramic tape to bridge in any far between the spoiler and the trunk. I was also thinking of getting Betalink and using it only on the edges. Can't try anything right now as it's cold and the heated garage doesn't get a lot of light.
For reference, this is the tape i used to secure it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could try using an adhesion promoter, at least on the edges, but if you use that on your painted trunk i am not sure if you will damage your paint if/when it comes off.

The claybar would help if you have anything stuck in your paint. Be sure to still clean with 91% rubbing alc after. Also, use a heatgun to get the trunk warm (but not hot) before installing. Kies motorsports had a basic video on the install.

EDIT: Not really a close up photo but this is what mine looks like from the back

I too noticed with mine that when i just set the spoiler on the trunk without any tape the edges did not both want to sit flush at the same time, so the tape is actually holding them down from lifting.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #38
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Hey man is this exhaust just the exhaust or do you have a cat less down pipe or resonator delete or anything? Just curious what all is paired with it. Sounds great tho!
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #39
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
For reference, this is the tape i used to secure it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

You could try using an adhesion promoter, at least on the edges, but if you use that on your painted trunk i am not sure if you will damage your paint if/when it comes off.

The claybar would help if you have anything stuck in your paint. Be sure to still clean with 91% rubbing alc after. Also, use a heatgun to get the trunk warm (but not hot) before installing. Kies motorsports had a basic video on the install.

EDIT: Not really a close up photo but this is what mine looks like from the back [IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

I too noticed with mine that when i just set the spoiler on the trunk without any tape the edges did not both want to sit flush at the same time, so the tape is actually holding them down from lifting.
Thanks man! Really appreciate it. I think I'll give it another try with claybar on a warm day and even use a hair dryer to warm it up even more, I did use the 3M promoter on the spoiler side and that side didn't have any problem, didn't want to damage the paint by applying it on the trunk. It did sit perfectly with the tape, just that it started lifting one one side the next day. And are you sure that's the tape you used, I'll order the same then.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:28 PM   #40
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
Hey man is this exhaust just the exhaust or do you have a cat less down pipe or resonator delete or anything? Just curious what all is paired with it. Sounds great tho!
Just the exhaust, all stock including the car, no modification at all. Sounds better now after the break-in period. It is supposed to sound better if you've MPPK or some other tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #41
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Just the exhaust, all stock including the car, no modification at all. Sounds better now after the break-in period. It is supposed to sound better if you've MPPK or some other tune.
It sounds pretty good for just being the stock axel back man. I have always heard that exhaust paired with a catless DP sounds amazing
BMS CP
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #42
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It sounds pretty good for just being the stock axel back man. I have always heard that exhaust paired with a catless DP sounds amazing
I am pretty happy with it, big difference when compared to stock exhaust, sounds good without being obnoxious and no drone, you also hear some burbles inside the cabin which I never did before. I'll get the downpipe and all after my warranty is over, still got two years left, thinking about getting MPPK for now but not sure about that 😑
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #43
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I am pretty happy with it, big difference when compared to stock exhaust, sounds good without being obnoxious and no drone, you also hear some burbles inside the cabin which I never did before. I'll get the downpipe and all after my warranty is over, still got two years left, thinking about getting MPPK for now but not sure about that 😑
I have a warranty on mine man and they have given me no issues with upgraded intake intercooler and down pipe and even charge pipe. but yeah I'm trying to figure out what I want, i have seen a few MPE go for great prices and stuff. I don't wanna spend much for a damm axel back
BMS CP
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #44
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a warranty on mine man and they have given me no issues with upgraded intake intercooler and down pipe and even charge pipe. but yeah I'm trying to figure out what I want, i have seen a few MPE go for great prices and stuff. I don't wanna spend much for a damm axel back
Do you have a tune on it? I'm just being cautious as the dealers are known to create issues when something goes wrong. New MPE is going for $850 to $900 on eBay, from BMW dealers. You can get it installed for less than $100 at some indy or muffler shop, I'd have done it myself if I had a proper jack and jack stands. My next mod is definitely gonna be suspension, likely Bilstein shocks + Eibach springs, waiting for the summer to do it.
Appreciate 0