F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY: LCI IHKA Climate Control Display Retrofit - IHKA3 Required
proTUNING Freaks

08-22-2023, 11:25 AM   #133
vitorsilva82
Rep
Drives: f 20

hello
can someone tell me where to connect the wires behind the chofagem,
which pin connects the wires on the IHKA3?

THANKS
Fresh air grille rear room : 64229265350

https://prnt.sc/jXb4eTyzC_Xx
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 10:58 AM   #134
crislink
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en43 View Post
Update: Disregard. All is functional. I thought I could force the color change by switching on the headlights. Turns out it only functions based on the ambient light sensor.

Hello. I just did this retrofit but the lcd does not change color, nor will it dim/brighten. My production date is 8/14 and per bimmercode IHKA_VA02. After some troubleshooting, I noticed the blinking led during the calibration will only initiate when the AC is on, prior to coding or when the windshield defrost is turned on (if the AC is not on), also prior to coding. Everything functions as should. Anyone have any insight as to what could be the issue? Thanks
well I've experienced the same issue

mounted straight ac unit 9363546 on my 03/2015 f30 pre lci
when first booted the screen was white and it was dimmable to red via dimming lights wheel

instead of this i've coded the clima "auto switch to color" from bimmercode (shoud be the Farbumschlang) and after I was not able to turn it red and my dimming wheel is not working anymore as my ambient lighting (everything apperars shut off). I just need to try if it light/sensor related, but seems strange I cannot revert it back with coding.

Any advices?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 05:50 PM   #135
myst02
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH575 View Post
Just retrofitted everything to my 2013 F30, I have changed climate control panel and IKHA to IKHA3, all coded. Climate panel working, but always white digits.
After this retrofit I get issue - I am getting only cold wind into interior, even if I set temperature to 26C, it is still cold... Hot air start coming when I set 27-28C (maximum).
ISTA-D see footwell and ventilation temperature at passenger side +70C, I think this is reason, any ideas what is wrong? Maybe I installed wrong version of IKHA3 (I have automatic climate control with heater) - or I should see any errors in this case? Maybe I have to do any additional wiring changing IKHA to IKHA3 as mentioned gribouille1210 before ?
Just in case anybody needs this in the future... I had the exact same issue, a friend of mine did the IHKA3 retrofit on his F31 330d and asked me to do the coding for him.
No matter what I tried, there was only cold air coming to the interior. When reading sensor values with INPA, footwell and passenger ventilation temp were always at 70C.

Removed the glovebox to look at his wiring and found out that he installed an IHKA3 basic module instead of IHKA3 high.
IHKA3 basic module is only for cars without dual-zone air conditioning, which he has... that's why it was unable to read the sensors on the passenger side, they are only present on cars with dual-zone AC.

He installed the correct IHKA3 high module and everything is working fine now. So make sure you have the right module if you encounter this issue.
Appreciate 0