F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Mueller investigation, what we know so far
proTUNING Freaks

01-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #2289
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
So, nothing. I figured as much.

Is it really so implausible to you that CNN had his house staked out because it was a pretty commonly held belief that his arrest was imminent?
Just curious, what's your assumption on why the FBI went to stones house at 4am to arrest him while everyone else like manafort, gates, cohen, etc...Were asked to just come in for their indication?

Stone said multiple times that he was going to get indicted, he obviously wasn't running away, so why all the drama?
Probably because they want to collect evidence at his home as well.

This isn't rocket science
Apparently it is lol.

The amount of energetic wasted (diverted) to how they got vs what they got is amusing.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #2290
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Before popping out again I had to peek in here.
Yep. The newest Trump dragnet story is still kicking.
I saw this headline and it made me realize that Stone Cold probably is shaking in his slippers.

Roger Stone sends Mueller Instagram.
Look it up, he sent it earlier.
Attached Images

01-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #2291
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Apparently it is lol.

The amount of energetic wasted (diverted) to how they got vs what they got is amusing.
Again, none of the others had this happen to them. The indictments and raids were two different events. Somebody obviously wanted footage of stone in handcuffs.

I am more than happy to discuss substance, but what substance do we have to discuss? He supposedly spoke with assange and might have tampered with a witness. Neither has to do with the president, so why bother discussing? If he is proven guilty, great, have fun in prison. But if this has nothing to do with Trump getting convicted, then why focus on it?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #2292
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Apparently it is lol.

Again, none of the others had this happen to them. The indictments and raids were two different events. Somebody obviously wanted footage of stone in handcuffs.

I am more than happy to discuss substance, but what substance do we have to discuss? He supposedly spoke with assange and might have tampered with a witness. Neither has to do with the president, so why bother discussing? If he is proven guilty, great, have fun in prison. But if this has nothing to do with Trump getting convicted, then why focus on it?
He coordinated on the WikiLeaks with two senior Campaign staffers. We know the WikiLeaks came from Russian hacking. Yeah, nothing to see here, move along.
      01-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #2293
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
He coordinated on the WikiLeaks with two senior Campaign staffers. We know the WikiLeaks came from Russian hacking. Yeah, nothing to see here, move along.
Even if he did coordinate that wouldn't be a crime on the president or his campaign. The crime is the hacking or conspiring with the hacker. If information was sent to stone, and stone sent it to trump officials, how does that consist of a crime on the president or his campaign? There would need to be money exchanged, a bribe, or blackmail. At the end, we all had the information.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #2294
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Even if he did coordinate that wouldn't be a crime on the president or his campaign. The crime is the hacking or conspiring with the hacker. If information was sent to stone, and stone sent it to trump officials, how does that consist of a crime on the president or his campaign? There would need to be money exchanged, a bribe, or blackmail. At the end, we all had the information.
You're right. Stone should be free and clear on Monday
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #2295
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Found someone with the same opinion.

Quote:
The main issue however remains the lack of objectivity of the coverage of the indictment. Stone has featured prominently in theories seeking "smoking gun" evidence of collusion. There is nothing smoking in this indictment. There is no suggestion of involvement or knowledge by Stone in the hacking. Stone has suggested that he was a conduit of hacked information from Wikileaks but he later insisted that he was not actually speaking to Julian Assange and that he had no direct knowledge that Russians were responsible for the Democratic hackings. The indictment does not contradict that later account.

The indictment clearly states that Stone told multiple campaign officials that he had such information and the question is who "directed" campaign officials to reach out to Stone. Obviously, many will want to know if that person was President Trump or his close aides. On the other hand, it also references people like Steve Bannon as not even returning his calls.

The important thing is that, even if Stone and the campaign did seek the email information, it would not be a crime. The crime is the conspiracy to hack the email system. Campaigns often seek confidential information obtained by journalists, leakers, whistleblowers and others. Indeed, the Clinton campaign (while denying its role before the election) funded the Steele dossier investigation to dig up dirt on Trump, including dirt from Russian intelligence figures. Even if Stone implicated Trump in seeking the information, it would merely establish the type of dirty politics that Stone expressly embraced as his curious calling and talent.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2678017002/
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #2296
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Last peek for the weekend.

I read the above and would like to add...
Wikileaks has issued a statement saying they've never met Stone or Manafort. They said Stone was a weirdo, basically, and they never swapped or traded or created anything together.
Regarding the 'the FBI would need to preserve evidence' line of thinking.
What in the world do you think they'll find, hair in his comb? He's been expecting them for 17 years lol.

Got some stuff from Dripping Springs called Barleysicle. 7.1%
Going on ice!

Carry on wayward sun.
They'll be peace when you are gone.

01-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #2297
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Just curious, what's your assumption on why the FBI went to stones house at 4am to arrest him while everyone else like manafort, gates, cohen, etc...Were asked to just come in to be indicted.

Stone said multiple times that he was going to get indicted, he obviously wasn't running away, so why all the drama?

It's odd that CNN knew that the FBI would come to him.
I don't have any specific assumptions about why Stone was arrested the way he was. I do assume that the FBI, as an institution, has enough integrity that they wouldn't stage something like that for the sheer sake of creating theater.

My guess is that Stone was treated differently because he has been much less cooperative and more confrontational to authorities when compared to the others.

Appreciate 1
      01-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #2298
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Didn't Mr. 286 I Don't Remembers write a book about integrity?
The same head of the FBI that leaked his memos to his press pals?
McCabes FBI too?
The guy removed by the democratic IG.

That FBI?

01-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #2299
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
I just read the indictment and there was no mention of coordination between Stone or the Trump campaign and Wikileaks and ZERO mention of Russia. As per the indictment "During the summer of 2016, STONE spoke to senior Trump Campaign officials about Organization 1 (Wikileaks) and information it might have had that would be damaging to the Clinton Campaign. STONE was contacted by senior Trump Campaign officials to inquire about future release by Organization 1 (Wikileaks)".

As we all know Stone is and always has been a political weasel and he was digging for oppo research aka dirt on the Hillary campaign and he was desperately trying to get in touch with Julian Assange for details on future email dumps. From the NR piece below "The Stone indictment reads like an episode of The Three Stooges" as it details Stones bumbling attempts to get in touch with Julian Assange through his radio show host /stand up comic buddy and then the testimony he gave to congress regarding said bumbling attempts. Two key take aways from the NR story below:

It is not a crime to know that bad people have damaging information about your political opponent, nor to try to nudge them to publish it at the time most opportune for your political favorite. Here, the Trump campaign did not even know what WikiLeaks had. Its best source was Stone, but, like the campaign, he was pressing sources who might have the information about WikiLeaks that he lacked. No surprise, then, that Mueller does not even allege that Stone was in a criminal conspiracy with WikiLeaks, let alone that Trump conspired with WikiLeaks — much less with Putin.

The salient fact is that the evidence-based narrative from which Mueller derives these obstruction charges underscores that the president and his campaign were not complicit in Russia’s hacking of Democratic accounts. That’s not new news. It is completely consistent with indictments Mueller has been filing for a year.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ia-conspiracy/
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #2300
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 19' G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
I just read the indictment and there was no mention of coordination between Stone or the Trump campaign and Wikileaks and ZERO mention of Russia. As per the indictment "During the summer of 2016, STONE spoke to senior Trump Campaign officials about Organization 1 (Wikileaks) and information it might have had that would be damaging to the Clinton Campaign. STONE was contacted by senior Trump Campaign officials to inquire about future release by Organization 1 (Wikileaks)".

As we all know Stone is and always has been a political weasel and he was digging for oppo research aka dirt on the Hillary campaign and he was desperately trying to get in touch with Julian Assange for details on future email dumps. From the NR piece below "The Stone indictment reads like an episode of The Three Stooges" as it details Stones bumbling attempts to get in touch with Julian Assange through his radio show host /stand up comic buddy and then the testimony he gave to congress regarding said bumbling attempts. Two key take aways from the NR story below:

It is not a crime to know that bad people have damaging information about your political opponent, nor to try to nudge them to publish it at the time most opportune for your political favorite. Here, the Trump campaign did not even know what WikiLeaks had. Its best source was Stone, but, like the campaign, he was pressing sources who might have the information about WikiLeaks that he lacked. No surprise, then, that Mueller does not even allege that Stone was in a criminal conspiracy with WikiLeaks, let alone that Trump conspired with WikiLeaks — much less with Putin.

The salient fact is that the evidence-based narrative from which Mueller derives these obstruction charges underscores that the president and his campaign were not complicit in Russia’s hacking of Democratic accounts. That’s not new news. It is completely consistent with indictments Mueller has been filing for a year.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ia-conspiracy/
If The Trump senior official didn't know that Russia hadn't hacked the DNC say from a meeting that doesn't exist in Trump tower not attended by Don Jr, Paul Manafort and Jared Kushneror that didn't occur nor secret communications why would they direct Stone on those releases?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #2301
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
I vote for Jared Kushner...
I have a dollar says it's Junior.
Appreciate 1
cjb762580.00

01-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #2302
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Just curious, what's your assumption on why the FBI went to stones house at 4am to arrest him while everyone else like manafort, gates, cohen, etc...Were asked to just come in to be indicted.

It's odd that CNN knew that the FBI would come to him.
I seem to recall people being all wrapped around the axle at how poorly Manafort was treated when the FBI raided his home in the early AM.

Here, I even went and found it on Fox for ya: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...te-source-says

Same exact critique: FBI is creating theater and "sending a message" by doing an early AM raid and treating poor Manafort differently than anyone else.
Appreciate 2
      01-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #2303
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
We know the WikiLeaks came from Russian hacking.
For the record, Assange has been completely clear in stating that Russia was not the source for the information provided to WikiLeaks.
      01-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #2304
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
For the record, Assange has been completely clear in stating that Russia was not the source for the information provided to WikiLeaks.
Symantecs

You're continuing to argue in favour for a narrative set out by a pathological liar.

Recount even to this day what Trump has said about all things associated to Russia and what has seven proven false.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #2305
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Obviously. Just because Assange is the most anti-American person on the planet after the current ayatollah and Putin, we should believe him. Too bad he won't come out of the Ecuadorian embassy to explain himself.
      01-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #2306
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Symantecs

You're continuing to argue in favour for a narrative set out by a pathological liar.

Recount even to this day what Trump has said about all things associated to Russia and what has seven proven false.
I didn't put forth an argument at all. I only provided Assange's firsthand position on the topic. You very well may say he is lying like Real Dodger is saying, but your issue is with Assange's statement; not mine or President Trump's.
      01-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #2307
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...predawn-arrest

Looks like stone is going to roll...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 02:44 PM   #2308
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...predawn-arrest

Looks like stone is going to roll...
I doubt it, unless he's looking at a multi-year sentence. He's talking a lot, which is what he does
      01-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #2309
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
Dodge got it partially correct. The guy is an attention whore. Big time.
I bet he comes up with tasty snippets for a month, if it'll get himself on TV.
Bottom line is he sat under the bright lights of Muellers pitbull's for 40 hours already. 40 hours of testimony!

What Mueller has is all he's going to get from bleached scalp. Stone must be praying for a TV testimonial in DC. That would cap off his dream.

Going to roll? Uhhhhhhh...
On an earlier show with Stephanopoulos he said Muellers case was thinner than piss on a rock.

Carry on.
      01-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #2310
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
The discovery process should reveal some very interesting information in this Stone trial.