F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BimmerCode AC critical error fault
GetBMWParts

08-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

I've not had this before with BimmerCode but just connected it to my car and I can't access the Air conditioning as it says 'Error memory contains critical errors' also the Park Maneuver Assistant says ECU not supported.
The AC and parking assistant both work fine and there are no errors showing on the car itself.
Any ideas? It looks like a couple of people have reported similar faults on historic threads but no answers
Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #2
Troy27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
I've not had this before with BimmerCode but just connected it to my car and I can't access the Air conditioning as it says 'Error memory contains critical errors' also the Park Maneuver Assistant says ECU not supported.
The AC and parking assistant both work fine and there are no errors showing on the car itself.
Any ideas? It looks like a couple of people have reported similar faults on historic threads but no answers
Cheers
I get the fault and the normal icon with my ac on bimmercode. I was worried the first time I saw the fault but my ac runs perfect. I used a different Bluetooth adapter the second time and didn't get the fault. Maybe the adapter has something to do with it. But definitely not worried Any it anymore
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy27 View Post
Quote:
Cheers
I get the fault and the normal icon with my ac on bimmercode. I was worried the first time I saw the fault but my ac runs perfect. I used a different Bluetooth adapter the second time and didn't get the fault. Maybe the adapter has something to do with it. But definitely not worried Any it anymore
Thanks for the quick reply.
It's just gone in for an AC leak which they told me was the valve on the refill end and was replaced. Hadn't used BC on it for a while beforehand but then saw this error and thought it was strange timing considering the above
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
Troy27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cheers
It's just gone in for an AC leak which they told me was the valve on the refill end and was replaced. Hadn't used BC on it for a while beforehand but then saw this error and thought it was strange timing considering the above
Did you have the fault code before or after you had the leak fixed?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

"ECU not supported" just means that Stephan has not (yet) included this in his program.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #6
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cheers
Did you have the fault code before or after you had the leak fixed?
I don't recall it being there last time I used BC before the leak. It was done at a non-BMW garage and I'm told it was just the valve on the end of the refill pipe that needed replacing. Is there something they could have done to cause this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bis View Post
"ECU not supported" just means that Stephan has not (yet) included this in his program.
Yes got a really quick reply saying just that. But also saying reinstalling the app may clear the AC fault but I may need to take it for a regas which I didn't quite understand
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
I noticed the same thing last time I ran BimmerCode. No issues with my AC...

I'm starting to think it's some sort of bug in the app.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #8
jishent
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive

Had a leak on my condenser. It was replaced and my bimmercode is also showing the same error when there is no more leaks.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #9
mazen222
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Reviving this old thread. Just got the same error. Don’t think my AC has any issues though but I got this adapter (Vepeal BLE) specifically to disable the auto start of my AC upon starting the car every time...

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #10
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazen222 View Post
Reviving this old thread. Just got the same error. Don’t think my AC has any issues though but I got this adapter (Vepeal BLE) specifically to disable the auto start of my AC upon starting the car every time...

Any ideas?
To be honest I never went back to it, AC has worked fine ever since
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #11
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

I had the same issue.

So far the only solution for this was to delete and reinstall the app. ( make sure you have saved backups to icloud)

The reinstall will fix the bug
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
I had the same issue.

So far the only solution for this was to delete and reinstall the app. ( make sure you have saved backups to icloud)

The reinstall will fix the bug
Had a reply from the app developers at the time -

'For the AC, it contained an error that may cause it to not function properly anymore after coding. You could uninstall the app, restart the device and then install the app again (make sure to export backups before!) and the error should be gone. Coding the unit is at your own risk in this case and you may have to visit the dealership to refill the AC.'
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #13
teymur88
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

Quote:
Had a reply from the app developers at the time -

'For the AC, it contained an error that may cause it to not function properly anymore after coding. You could uninstall the app, restart the device and then install the app again (make sure to export backups before!) and the error should be gone. Coding the unit is at your own risk in this case and you may have to visit the dealership to refill the AC.'
Refill the AC? How coding is linked to freon in the AC system?
Have you actually tried to reinstall app and got the issue resolved?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #14
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I've seen that on Bimmercode since the first time I used it, three years ago. It was there again today, after a full blown update. My AC works just fine, so I'm not losing sleep over it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 06:31 PM   #15
heifetz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

AFAIK this has nothing to do with Bimmercode. I have this same issue and there are ghost faults in my AC system. I had my indy check my faults and there are a few codes that will not clear. They showed me BMW actually has a TSB about this issue and it says if the AC system functions properly to just leave the codes stored as they won't clear anyway.

I'm sure this is why Bimmercode cannot access the ECU, and it appears to be fairly common if several other people are also having the same issue.