F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-17-2020, 05:54 AM   #2157
Kostisuk
Rep
Drives: Bmw e64

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaman5705 View Post
Disconnect AUX port in armrest .

It worked directly without having to connect anything in the aux in the armrest. Is that what you mean ?

Or i should do something more ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 06:00 AM   #2158
endursa
hardware modder
Rep
Drives: BMW f20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Many thanks for this clarification, and yes, I hear that Lucky Patcher is necessary step here as all rom / ksw apps are signed with the same key - SharedUserID thing etc.

However you say if one was to replace only png resources this whole odex issue wouldn't be a problem. This is exactly what I'm trying to do i.e. replace few pngs and couple of xml files. The problem is, when Kri (just to test things out) deleted launcher apk, system still booted up with, well, all launcher stuff present. So this would mean that resources are also precompiled and stored elsewhere?
try only replacing he pngs and leave out the modified xmls, and test if this works!

also do not unpack the original apk, but open the apk file with 7zip, and drag the new pngs inside and close it again (with saving), this should not modify the signature, but only replace graphics!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 06:38 AM   #2159
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by franbass View Post
The PC didn't found the android ip, for that, I'd to set the port tcp.ip 5555 following the guide. To "open" or "set" this port we need a terminal app in the android system.

Ok, I'm going to do that, thank you so much Kri!
When it does not find the IP Adress then there is some other issue before the 5555 Port.
My script does ping the unit first to se if it is in the same network, if this does not work, then there is some other issue before.

Which IP and MAC Adress do your unit and your PC get ?

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #2160
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endursa View Post
try only replacing he pngs and leave out the modified xmls, and test if this works!

also do not unpack the original apk, but open the apk file with 7zip, and drag the new pngs inside and close it again (with saving), this should not modify the signature, but only replace graphics!
Thanks for that, but this creates an issue as I need to modify xmls to have some of the new pngs aligned correctly. However I can replace just a couple of pngs and check if that works at all.

Edit: I believe smahel managed to successfully modify and install KswPLauncher.apk in the past. Any input would be much appreciated. Also what are the chances of ending up in a boot loop by swapping just a few png files?

Last edited by RedErik; 01-17-2020 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #2161
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
I'm interested myself, however I don't think this would sort CID issue. CAN is like LAN network - doesn't matter where in the network you have your device plugged in. As long as it's connected it will show up. Same with CAN, you would need to emulate CID to get rid of this error.
Well i would like to make the system stay on for more time than a minute after i turn the ignition off.
I think that 30g terminal stays on for more time.
I tried that already but didn`t work.
I bridged the cable from CID to the yellow cable of the unit .
But i did not cut out the original harness before the bridge from the yellow cable.
I thought that if the system cuts power coming from CCC if i give power from the CID also it will keep working.
Unfortunately not.
Perhaps i must connect the CAN lines from CID to the unit because i think that MCU gives the signal to the system to power on.
Am i wrong with that?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #2162
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Well i would like to make the system stay on for more time than a minute after i turn the ignition off.
I think that 30g terminal stays on for more time.
I tried that already but didn`t work.
I bridged the cable from CID to the yellow cable of the unit .
But i did not cut out the original harness before the bridge from the yellow cable.
I thought that if the system cuts power coming from CCC if i give power from the CID also it will keep working.
Unfortunately not.
Perhaps i must connect the CAN lines from CID to the unit because i think that MCU gives the signal to the system to power on.
Am i wrong with that?
I'm not convinced that terminal 30g is a good solution. Yes, it would be nice to have the unit powered up as soon as car is unlocked, but it would stay awake and lit up for 30min after car is locked which doesn't sound reasonable. Also every time you accidentally press a button on your key fob the whole thing comes to life for another 30min.

Unless I'm mistaken about this 30min, but I'm pretty sure that's what TIS says.

Also you've used yellow cable to bridge power to the unit. I wouldn't go by colours, these can vary car to car. You need to find in TIS which pin on the CID connector provides 12V.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #2163
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

hello, i finally send my android radio to the seller and he will send me another new. Now, the screen that it is going to send me is with a cic (4pins) connector because i want to update the radio professional and put the cic bussines in to my e87. I want to ask you guys if you know that with this screen will work with my profesional radio before i put the new cic navi bussines. And another question, if it is possible yo use the ccc idrive controller with this cic navi. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #2164
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
I'm not convinced that terminal 30g is a good solution. Yes, it would be nice to have the unit powered up as soon as car is unlocked, but it would stay awake and lit up for 30min after car is locked which doesn't sound reasonable. Also every time you accidentally press a button on your key fob the whole thing comes to life for another 30min.

Unless I'm mistaken about this 30min, but I'm pretty sure that's what TIS says.

Also you've used yellow cable to bridge power to the unit. I wouldn't go by colours, these can vary car to car. You need to find in TIS which pin on the CID connector provides 12V.
I did that.
I found the correct cable from the CID.
i bridged it with the yellow cable from the unit main harness but nothing happend.
The unit did not power on when i unlocked the car.
You are correct about your concerns.
I would like to test it and reverse it if did not like the behaviour in every day use.
That for i bridged and not cut or weld the cables.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 04:23 PM   #2165
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I did that.
I found the correct cable from the CID.
i bridged it with the yellow cable from the unit main harness but nothing happend.
The unit did not power on when i unlocked the car.
You are correct about your concerns.
I would like to test it and reverse it if did not like the behaviour in every day use.
That for i bridged and not cut or weld the cables.
That's strange. Things like this best to approach with a volt meter and continuity tester. Sometimes it's wrong cable, other times a dodgy contact. I'm not questioning your skills, all I'm saying is to triple check everything, especially when things are not behaving as expected. Also I would say CAN pins are irrelevant in this case and having them connected or not shouldn't make any difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:30 PM   #2166
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

firmware 3.8.3

https://mega.nz/#F!Lwkw3KKT!3MZFFULEGtGfGZlrXpJg9Q
Appreciate 4
Kri1083.50
Mjam133.50
RedErik1023.50
      01-18-2020, 01:43 AM   #2167
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
That's strange. Things like this best to approach with a volt meter and continuity tester. Sometimes it's wrong cable, other times a dodgy contact. I'm not questioning your skills, all I'm saying is to triple check everything, especially when things are not behaving as expected. Also I would say CAN pins are irrelevant in this case and having them connected or not shouldn't make any difference.
I understand what you are trying to say.

The thing is that i checked the yellow wire on the unit for voltage and has 12v all the time regardless i bridge the cable from CID or not.
That tells me that MCU somehow sees if the ignition is on and powers the unit and if the ignition is turned to off it powers down the unit.
The can cables come from the M-ASK unit so it must understand that from can cables.
M-ASK / CCC units in older E60 before 2004 are connected to MPM ( micro power module ) that provides current all the time.
But not the CANBUS system. That is connected to another module.
The proof of that is that with ignition off when you press the M-ASK /CCC knob sound comes from radio but the screen does not light on as it should or as it does with the OEM screen installed.
So maybe that for the unit does not power on when unlocking doors.
The question is why the unit powers on if it is on bench only with power and ground in pins 9-10 of the main harness .
Confusing !

They should have an option for how long the unit will stay powered on when terminal R is off.
It is not a matter of connection.
Well it is possible to fix it by changing connection but it is not the proper way of doing that.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 02:30 AM   #2168
delarosa13
Rep
Drives: F48

Hi friends, I have been reading you for several weeks, and now, since I have received my Android 9 screen 4+64 from NAVIODM+fakra C "Y adapter" (for the GPS)+front and rear wireless cameras, I am going to proceed to install it, so thank you for sharing all your knowledgement.

But, before installing all the things, I have some questions:

-Where is the best place to locate the provided microphone?
-Is it correct to take the +12V cable from the rear light to power the rear camera and wireless transmmitter?
-The front camera is going to be located under the plate, so I need to know where the hell do I take the +12V for the camera and the wireless transmitter
-Where do I connect the front camera? DVR input?

Thank you so much for your help.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:04 AM   #2169
Pro-Owner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318d

Hi Guys,

it has been a while and i'm trying to wrestle through everything that has been said already. I've installed an aftermarket amp and coded the iDrive from base stereo to Hi-Fi stereo. This results in a balanced low level output from the stereo. Now the issue becomes when we use the idrive side audio and the navigation on android is turned on. By design the android stereo will "inject" the sound to the left speaker (white wires which go from quadlock to android radio and back to quadlock). Since the signal on the cable is now low level and not speaker level, the sound sounds all mangled and very loud since the amplifier is receiving a high level signal. Is there a setting in the android radio to indicate which type of sound output you want? I've tinkered with most of them but no luck so far. I also know of the setting 'car amplifier' which has 2 options I think but makes no difference as far as I can see. I'm still on version 2.8.3 so maybe thats a bug or something. Many thanks, Pro.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:52 AM   #2170
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostisuk View Post
It worked directly without having to connect anything in the aux in the armrest. Is that what you mean ?

Or i should do something more ?
Disconnect the cable which plugs in AUX connector. Remove connector and you will see original cable from HU. Un-plug it .
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 04:29 AM   #2171
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

3.8.3 doesn't fix the sound issue unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 04:48 AM   #2172
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I understand what you are trying to say.

The thing is that i checked the yellow wire on the unit for voltage and has 12v all the time regardless i bridge the cable from CID or not.
That tells me that MCU somehow sees if the ignition is on and powers the unit and if the ignition is turned to off it powers down the unit.
The can cables come from the M-ASK unit so it must understand that from can cables.
M-ASK / CCC units in older E60 before 2004 are connected to MPM ( micro power module ) that provides current all the time.
But not the CANBUS system. That is connected to another module.
The proof of that is that with ignition off when you press the M-ASK /CCC knob sound comes from radio but the screen does not light on as it should or as it does with the OEM screen installed.
So maybe that for the unit does not power on when unlocking doors.
The question is why the unit powers on if it is on bench only with power and ground in pins 9-10 of the main harness .
Confusing !

They should have an option for how long the unit will stay powered on when terminal R is off.
It is not a matter of connection.
Well it is possible to fix it by changing connection but it is not the proper way of doing that.
Hmmm, maybe that's not confusing at all. You could be entirely right saying that when unit boots or powers down is completely dependent of MCU and CAN messages, not 12V supply. That would mean we don't have to worry about connecting unit to appropriate terminal, rather figuring out MCU. Which in this case is even more complicated... no one has reverse engineered MCU and Chinese are slow (if at all) to implement user requests.

But this would make so much more sense than "primitive" voltage dependency. You could power up or down unit based on CAN messages form CAS (I believe this is how it's done in G series cars - with equivalent of CAS). That would also explain why unit powers up with bench supply and not necessarily when you connect that through CID connector. MCU must have a routine to check for presence of CAN network, if there is one - wait for message and act accordingly, if none detected - power up in "standalone mode".

I would need to go through some materials I have and TIS to verify what I just said, but it makes a very compelling argument. However if that is the case... there is nothing we can do now to benefit from that. We would need to pressure our sellers so they can talk to their engineers and these engineers than would have to... unbreakable chain of command. Someone it this thread suggested way back when if we could talk to the right people, do some crowdfunding, we could probably buy the source code for MCU and Android. I for one would throw in few quid for that.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 05:19 AM   #2173
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe that's not confusing at all. You could be entirely right saying that when unit boots or powers down is completely dependent of MCU and CAN messages, not 12V supply. That would mean we don't have to worry about connecting unit to appropriate terminal, rather figuring out MCU.
Just an observation which might help: When the QuadLock is not connected to the Head Unit, but still connected to the Android unit, Android will power up when you open the doors. But it immediately shuts down if you now connect the QuadLock to the Head unit (key not inserted).
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:28 AM   #2174
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Just an observation which might help: When the QuadLock is not connected to the Head Unit, but still connected to the Android unit, Android will power up when you open the doors. But it immediately shuts down if you now connect the QuadLock to the Head unit (key not inserted).
Which car and which year?
I have never tried that in 2004 E60 to confirm if that is happening in my car also.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:29 AM   #2175
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
So it is CAN message dependent and looks like the OEM radio is broadcasting this message. I wonder, is there a way to code CCC/CIC etc. to power up as soon as you unlock the car and power down when you lock it?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:33 AM   #2176
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe that's not confusing at all. You could be entirely right saying that when unit boots or powers down is completely dependent of MCU and CAN messages, not 12V supply. That would mean we don't have to worry about connecting unit to appropriate terminal, rather figuring out MCU. Which in this case is even more complicated... no one has reverse engineered MCU and Chinese are slow (if at all) to implement user requests.

But this would make so much more sense than "primitive" voltage dependency. You could power up or down unit based on CAN messages form CAS (I believe this is how it's done in G series cars - with equivalent of CAS). That would also explain why unit powers up with bench supply and not necessarily when you connect that through CID connector. MCU must have a routine to check for presence of CAN network, if there is one - wait for message and act accordingly, if none detected - power up in "standalone mode".

I would need to go through some materials I have and TIS to verify what I just said, but it makes a very compelling argument. However if that is the case... there is nothing we can do now to benefit from that. We would need to pressure our sellers so they can talk to their engineers and these engineers than would have to... unbreakable chain of command. Someone it this thread suggested way back when if we could talk to the right people, do some crowdfunding, we could probably buy the source code for MCU and Android. I for one would throw in few quid for that.
Perhaps we can achieve that be disconnecting CAN from head unit and connect CAN via CID.
In this case the unit will power up because it will detect can signal and power off when terminal 30g closes the circuit after 30 minutes.
But the screen will stay on for that time.

The appropriate way is to shut down the screen after you switch ignition off , light up screen when you press the volume knob in iDrive and stay alive for some time after .
the appropriate
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #2177
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
So it is CAN message dependent and looks like the OEM radio is broadcasting this message. I wonder, is there a way to code CCC/CIC etc. to power up as soon as you unlock the car and power down when you lock it?
It does actually.
If you unlock your car ,get in and press volume knob sound will come and screen will light up in the OEM system.
When android head unit is installed, music will play but screen will not light up and android will not boot when doing the same thing with volume knob.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:51 AM   #2178
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
It does actually.
If you unlock your car ,get in and press volume knob sound will come and screen will light up in the OEM system.
When android head unit is installed, music will play but screen will not light up and android will not boot when doing the same thing with volume knob.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I was asking about CID, is there a way to code it so it will power up as soon as you unlock your car.

I'm just skimming through CAS module and looking what is available to code. There is section PA - Comfort access, funtion PA_MONITOR_ACTIVE with two options aktiv and nicht_acktiv but I'm not entirely sure what that is. I would need to plug in to OBD port as check what option is coded by default in my car. Maybe that is what we all are looking for.
Appreciate 0