F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Driving Dynamics Control Sport Mode & Auto Trans Sport Program on 435xi
GetBMWParts

02-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
macagain
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 435i xdrive MSport

Driving Dynamics Control Sport Mode & Auto Trans Sport Program on 435xi

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Because the owner's manual is clear as mud on these these two items, I spent a few days experimenting. This is what I *think* is... Other 4er owners, or 3er w/ Sport Auto Transmission option (the one with paddles... std on the 4er) or folks who have driven them, please chime in.

DDC Sport Mode:
suspension firms up, steering firms up
transmission upshifts at higher revs, stays out of 8th gear, "normal" shift speed

Auto Transmission Sport Program (i.e. shift lever to the left, but do not engage manual mode, Dials show S1, S2, ...):
transmission upshifts at higher revs, stays out of 8th, shifts quicker, more eager to downshift.

So, forgetting DDC Sport+ and ECO PRO modes, I have 4 different combinations to play with:

1. DDC Sport Mode, Trans Normal (D) program
2. DDC Sport Mode, Trans Sport program - shifts feel quicker, and more eager to downshift than (1)
3. DDC Comfort Mode, Trans Normal (D) program - grandma mode
4. DDC Comfort Mode, Trans Sport program - grandma in a hurry, and ready to smoke the kid in the WRX mode i.e. shifts quick at higher revs, and more eager to downshift on any increase in pressure on gas pedal, but still cushy.

I really don't know if I'm imagining the difference between 1 and 4 above wrt to the transmission shift speed and eagerness to downshift... So, if you've driven the above cars, pls do chime in! I've searched all the forums, and a few times, and it's still clear as mud!

BTW, mode 2 makes it a very fun car indeed!
Appreciate 0