F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > F1 Japan GP
proTUNING Freaks

10-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #23
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
Most will pull out of it, Verstappen won't.
And that actually makes him a racing driver. Vettel knows that which sort of proves the negligence on Sebs part. I disagree that Max knew there would be contact. He can be a bit of a dick but not that much of a dick. I mean, who would purposely bash in to another car?

You're right, it was (correctly) put down to a racing incident. I believe the stewards saw it that Vettel made a charge, lost out big time so the need for a penalty was moribund. It may have been different if Max went off and Vettel benefited. I think we can agree it was a racing incident between two great drivers. But as is the direction of this thread, it's showing Seb to lose his usual clarity now the championship is all but lost.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #24
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M4CP View Post
And that actually makes him a racing driver. Vettel knows that which sort of proves the negligence on Sebs part. I disagree that Max knew there would be contact. He can be a bit of a dick but not that much of a dick. I mean, who would purposely bash in to another car?

You're right, it was (correctly) put down to a racing incident. I believe the stewards saw it that Vettel made a charge, lost out big time so the need for a penalty was moribund. It may have been different if Max went off and Vettel benefited. I think we can agree it was a racing incident between two great drivers. But as is the direction of this thread, it's showing Seb to lose his usual clarity now the championship is all but lost.
I don't think you give Verstappen the credit he deserves. He knew exactly what he was doing - it was inevitable there would be contact once Vettel made the move if he didn't yield/give a car's width. Did he HAVE to yield? Nope - Vettel wasn't in front. Vertstappen's a clever driver...except when he suggests another driver should 'wait for him' to rejoin the track after outbraking himself
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #25
Zippee
Banned
Rep

I do give him a massive amount of credit for his driving ability and his quick brain (most of the time). I'm a big fan of Max. As I said, he gave Seb a suckers gap and the 4 time world champion took the bait. Now whether he expected Seb to do that is a different story. I can imagine his thoughts would have been 'Ok, I'll see if he takes the bait....fuck, he did!'
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #26
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M4CP View Post
....I'm a big fan of Max. ....
I can understand why you would feel Vettel was fully to blame. I don't have similar loyalty to either driver; just like good fair racing. Vettel is a dick when the visor is down (driving into Hamilton last season) and seems a lovely chap pre/post race. Vertappen seems to be a bit more of a dick though - especially with comments like the one already mentioned. That's just an age thing though. Give him 3 more years / a good power train and he'll be a threat to the championship, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #27
Zippee
Banned
Rep

Yep completely agree. I like Max because he doesnt seem to give a shit for the usual corporate niceties that a lot of the clones of recent times display. Sure, he is still immature and has a hot head but I like that. He is unpredictable. He either comes out a race a hero or a hooligan. Its a flip of the coin! Makes it interesting.

Agree wrt Seb too. I actually like the chap and his sense of humour but its always good to have adversaries in F1. I think we all want anything other than predictable outcomes. I lost interest in F1 during the mid 2000's when it became the Shuey show and I would rather this season went to the wire rather than an almost guaranteed Drivers Championship finale in Austin next weekend.
Appreciate 2
zofinger319.00
x-m4n148.00