F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Turbo or Valvetronic issue?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-01-2023, 08:00 PM   #1
JaxD
Probably fixing some broken shit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Turbo or Valvetronic issue?

Hey everyone, I'm back because I'm having some really strange issues with my 2013 335i (n55). I was on my way home from work, about 5k rpm in third, when I noticed a sudden loss in boost. Limped it 2 miles home and parked it to check codes. Idled fine during reading, but I turned it off to clear any codes (which didnt work) and now upon start up I am met with normal idle, immediately followed by a loud whine, then the engine cuts. I've never heard anything like it. I attached a video that I took. Haven't attempted to try the motor since or until I find out whats wrong with it. Only code I got was 135704, but It should be noted that code was labeled as "not currently active but recent" and even with the ignition on it now shows no codes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eNLxcWuvY6g9bHbDA
2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Performance in Melbourne Red - Injen Intake, VRSF intercooler, VRSF Muffler/Resonator delete, VRSF catless downpipe, CTS charge pipes, SPEC stage 2 clutch, Bootmod3 Stage 2 91 Octane tune, Pure 750 turbocharger, Spool LPFP and HPFP, various carbon aero (One of these things is probably not working)
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
ronnymedrano
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda CB1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxD View Post
Hey everyone, I'm back because I'm having some really strange issues with my 2013 335i (n55). I was on my way home from work, about 5k rpm in third, when I noticed a sudden loss in boost. Limped it 2 miles home and parked it to check codes. Idled fine during reading, but I turned it off to clear any codes (which didnt work) and now upon start up I am met with normal idle, immediately followed by a loud whine, then the engine cuts. I've never heard anything like it. I attached a video that I took. Haven't attempted to try the motor since or until I find out whats wrong with it. Only code I got was 135704, but It should be noted that code was labeled as "not currently active but recent" and even with the ignition on it now shows no codes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/geometry dash subzero/eNLxcWuvY6g9bHbDA
As I know, the code 135704 indicates that there is a problem with the Valvetronic system, but I also don't know why and how to solve. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 01:19 PM   #3
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Below is what ISTA says about the code. Have you checked your battery voltage?

Fault description The diagnosis monitors the control accuracy of the Valvetronic system.

Fault monitoring conditions:

The fault is detected when the control accuracy of the Valvetronic system is insufficient

Conditions for fault healing when permanent SAE fault is stored:

The engine must be idling for 60 seconds.

Condition for fault memory entry Temperature precondition:

- None

Time precondition:

- None

Other preconditions:

- None

Control unit voltage: 9 V to 16 V.

Terminal 15 on

The fault is entered immediately.

Measure in service - Run VVAK test module.

- Note: Temporary undervoltage is the most frequent fault cause here.

Breakdown instruction: The engine is operated in throttled mode, full vehicle operation/power output

slightly increased fuel consumption

Service instruction: - None.

Perceptible effect on customer Malfunction indicator lamp